[R] 8:11 / 00:11 Skull MOTD (Glitch, bug, error?)

This is on a Macbook Pro 2009 with Nvidia GeForce GT 9400 256mb (It’s old.) Oh and it’s the Steam version. Charname: Agameofscones

So I launch the game like normal to play with my friends, but it starts throwing some Steam auth errors, eventually it logs me in and the MOTD instead of promoting some pack or whatnot gives me an animated skull that flashes in and out of the background, with big white numbers that read 8:11 or 00:11 depending on how you look at it. It also has a faded red border that looks much like a texture error. What I’m thinking is a corrupted file path that links to an animated texture or something along those lines, but hell, its just damn creepy. Also when loading the game before the login screen it flashes purple, as I said, possible missing textures or corrupt file path. Anyway I’m going to verify my game cache after I post this and link the results.

f9fdde6a16.png

a6efce53da.png

I think it might be the implant animated textures? Also, I’ve tried reproducing it and getting it on video, but it seems to have disappeared… It only happened twice in a row and seems to have stopped.

[game.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=8045)

That is two 0.1 numerals stacked on top of each other.

The skull does seem to resemble the implant skull logo.

I’d say you’re the chosen one, and leave it at that.

That is two 0.1 numerals stacked on top of each other.

The skull does seem to resemble the implant skull logo.

I’d say you’re the chosen one, and leave it at that.

Chosen…

F̴̵̨͢͜O̶̧͠R̡̢ ̶̀͘͏͘D̶E̶̸̢A̸҉̸͡T̷̛͡H̸

I’m seriously curious as to what went wrong there, though. Hurry up the cache verification already!

Star Conflict got corrupted.  Use Steam to fix it.

Star Conflict got corrupted.  Use Steam to fix it.

So it produced a texture not visible anywhere else in the game? All jokes aside, that is creepy as f***.

So it produced a texture not visible anywhere else in the game? All jokes aside, that is creepy as f***.

Concentrate really hard on the background in the implant selection screen. That skull has been there the whole time staring you in the face, and you didn’t notice.

Concentrate really hard on the background in the implant selection screen. That skull has been there the whole time staring you in the face, and you didn’t notice.

:fed013: :snowgirl: :01010: :015:  :alien3:  Words have failed me. So I used emoticons.

I had that briefly but it’s gone. Didn’t have to do a thing. Anyhow graphical issues (outside of gameplay) are small fry vs the awful choices made by the devs with ‘updates’, latest being the pve restrictions.

Don’t worry about it, nothing wrong happens when that thing appears. I saw it several times already.

I don’t know the cause of the bug but it’s not malign.