Questions to developers

I already had a discussion with you about that. The devs are doing their best and if you still think it is not good enough feel free to wait until release.

i have a lot of notepad pages of things, but as far as questions i guess the biggest in the beta is…is there any way to control bots on your side? i have encountered a few matches that really bring this up. 1- while going for a beacon i will get multiple lock-ons from bots and have tried both jumping to other side of map to escape them(which didnt help because i turn around and travel 1-2 k back and see them reacquiring locks on me) and hiding to make bots drop lock so they go about their business( which didn’t seem to help either because they seem to just sit there and wait). 2- after making a jump to the side of map to get ready to start killing beacon drones i notice opposing human players sitting nearby in their heavies sniping, decide to move in and take them out with my rapid fire plasma guns only to find that there are 3 bots sitting nearby on guard duty. i have never before that seen bots sitting still waiting for something to aggro them, closest to it is a bot sitting still while ramming into a rock while trying to kill an enemy on the other side of the rock(stupid bots). but both situations seem to suggest some way ro command and control the bots that i have yet to see controls for. i even checked out the target painter module just because it sounded like it might account for the first issue, but it says that it simply reduces defenses, not make bots chase people around the map no matter how much distance you put between you and them.

q#2- what do the ship levels do/mean? i have looked around a bit un forums but nuttin, i notice that tier1 ships can reach lvl 3 and then stop and t2 go to lvl 5 but dont see any changes.

q#3- i learned to squad with people and created a squad and invited someone to it and attempted to go into training w/bots (and yes we both had license, he had just bought the week long and i had 22 hours left) and i recieve a message ‘failed to join MM queue: squad member Vod???’ (sorry, cna’t read my own scribble). why would i not be able to squad up and enter training with bots with this person?

sounds a little bit like star wars battlefront…but this is one nice idea

maybe the dev could include some open world pve content just in case you fought enough players for a day

keep up the good work

i have a lot of notepad pages of things, but as far as questions i guess the biggest in the beta is…is there any way to control bots on your side? i have encountered a few matches that really bring this up. 1- while going for a beacon i will get multiple lock-ons from bots and have tried both jumping to other side of map to escape them(which didnt help because i turn around and travel 1-2 k back and see them reacquiring locks on me) and hiding to make bots drop lock so they go about their business( which didn’t seem to help either because they seem to just sit there and wait). 2- after making a jump to the side of map to get ready to start killing beacon drones i notice opposing human players sitting nearby in their heavies sniping, decide to move in and take them out with my rapid fire plasma guns only to find that there are 3 bots sitting nearby on guard duty. i have never before that seen bots sitting still waiting for something to aggro them, closest to it is a bot sitting still while ramming into a rock while trying to kill an enemy on the other side of the rock(stupid bots). but both situations seem to suggest some way ro command and control the bots that i have yet to see controls for. i even checked out the target painter module just because it sounded like it might account for the first issue, but it says that it simply reduces defenses, not make bots chase people around the map no matter how much distance you put between you and them.

Thanks for your questions.

1- It is not possible to control bots, but if you hide a few seconds behind an asteroid they should loose their lock.

2-Some bots just move slower so it could be that you were attacking the beacon while the bots just spawned.

q#2- what do the ship levels do/mean? i have looked around a bit un forums but nuttin, i notice that tier1 ships can reach lvl 3 and then stop and t2 go to lvl 5 but dont see any changes.

If the ship gets to another Lv, the hull. shield, speed and energy values increase.

Q1:battleships,corvette,cruiser and dreadnaught ships will be added this game?

Q2:Open galaxy ? like battlestar galactica online

Sorry didn’t notice this thread until now (even though it is pinned).

1. What will your philosophy be for developing the combat? As I see it, there are two choices. Do you intend for the combat to be heavily based around dogfighting with an attacking ship trying to position itself behind the other? Or will you continue to allow all ships to shoot each other at wide angles (>60°), meaning both combatants will constantly fire at one another?

The only problem I have is with the main weapon firing mechanics. So far there has been a compromise between dogfighting and omnidirectional engagement, I think one method of play should be picked. Otherwise you won’t satisfy either crowd so well (I prefer dogfighting by the way =p).

This is the most important question for the game at the moment

Request that the frigates class be renamed corvette class

Request that the frigates class be renamed corvette class

If there are more players who think that way we can try to make a vote. And please make only one post.

Greetings to everyone! First weeks of closed-beta were good lesson for Star Conflict developers team. We are very pleased to see so many fans of our game in this forum! If you have any questions about Star Conflict, post it here and developers answers will be next week. :002j:

So where are the answers ah?

How I love this company’s interaction with the community xD

post it here and developers answers will be next week. Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

Ahhahahahahaa, you had a nice one there.

Yeah, seems like developers have adapted a nice policy to this SC forum: “we don’t care a sh*t”. Well, that’s what we earned for asking stupid and irrelevant questions!

Come on, Lother and other fanboys, explain this to us dummies. I’m pretty sure we have had enough time to ask questions, those who wanted to ask in the first place.

Please Excuse the delay. There was a lot of work to do for the start of the open beta.

Come on, Lother and other fanboys, explain this to us dummies. I’m pretty sure we have had enough time to ask questions, those who wanted to ask in the first place.

It’s the second time you tried to insult me, the first one you didn’t have answer for me, this one I’m just telling you that this forums is not about your hurt feelings for whatever reason, but about Star Conflict, and I think I was the first here to ask for this answers.

So please, try to stay calm, dont be nervious, or I’ll have to report you if the 3th insult comes to me. Is that ok?

Offtopic, but explain a bit more: the first time answer for what? And hands down, that’s a nice talk coming from Mr. “Come on, girl” and I guess that was so mature behaviour there then? Please read this thread again and compare it to my message - it’s not about me, by all means, it’s about making certain promises, provoking testers in a totally wrong way (odd russian sense of humour, like if - more like lack of dictionary) and failing to fulfill those promises. It’s not like it’s too effective to miss deadline so much and make “sorry for delay” message a month later. It gives a certain signal (English community seems to be small enough for this kind of “disinterest”), even though I understand that modes there can’t affect to that too much. Still they have a important role of being the link between dev and players, and they should behave like that.

We are testers, nothing else. I signed in to give direct and honest feedback about features there already exist and about features they are going to implement, be it in game or elsewhere, and I don’t really care if it’s something dev’s dont want to hear. Devs need their fanboys with pink glasses as much as pessimists. If all just hum along and never shout at them, they wont even think what could be wrong or what to do better.

This was all I needed to write. Waiting for “Answers from developers” thread in near future.

Guys please try not to go offtopic. The answers will be posted as soon as some important things are done.

Lother is doing a good job, he is trying to help people in forum and in game so dont offend him because he wants to help.

Offtopic, but explain a bit more: the first time answer for what?

Read this thread again, my post from 18th July.

About calling you girl, I imagined you were a girl because of your nickname, Im sorry for the mistake, but this do not justifies you to insult another people.

And sorry but your feedback doesnt have anything to do about honestly, but about paranoid, as is clear reading your attitude in this entire thread.

If calling me fanboy because of this makes you feel better, its ok, but that you maybe feel good with yourself, please, show more respect for the people, at least for me.

-End offtopic-

Well as long as we’re waiting, I’ve got a question for the devs.

Why the decision to have players bring one ship of each of the three classes to a battle? World of Tanks is another very popular game in a similar genre(as is World of Warplanes), and they both follow a “one battle, one tank/plane” model. Why one of each class in Star Conflict? Why not three ships of any class, or two ships, or one?

Is this an attempt to distance Star Conflict from the WoT series, or to elicit a specific effect on gameplay?

Well as long as we’re waiting, I’ve got a question for the devs.

Why the decision to have players bring one ship of each of the three classes to a battle? World of Tanks is another very popular game in a similar genre(as is World of Warplanes), and they both follow a “one battle, one tank/plane” model. Why one of each class in Star Conflict? Why not three ships of any class, or two ships, or one?

Is this an attempt to distance Star Conflict from the WoT series, or to elicit a specific effect on gameplay?

Since one of the latest patches you can bring 3 ships of one class. You just need to purchase a swith for the ship slot.