[QUESTION] Detonation Victory Conditions?

I’ve asked this question in Game Modes sub-section of the forum but I’ll repeat it here as well as I’m not sure how many people read posts there.

Ok so this is what happened: 2 stations down on each side, 10 seconds to the end. Score displayed 36:28 for our team. I tell my team to defend, one member of our team have the bomb and one of opposite team also have the bomb. Time runs out - we loose.

Maybe it’s worth mentioning that sum of all efficiency points as well as highest efficiency score was also in our team’s favour. 

Question: what is the score displayed next to the amount of bases destroyed icons? If it’s number of bomb pick-ups - why we loose? If kills - why it’s even displayed if it supposed to be completely irrelevant in this mode according to Detonation rules?

I’ve asked this question in Game Modes sub-section of the forum but I’ll repeat it here as well as I’m not sure how many people read posts there.

Ok so this is what happened: 2 stations down on each side, 10 seconds to the end. Score displayed 36:28 for our team. I tell my team to defend, one member of our team have the bomb and one of opposite team also have the bomb. Time runs out - we loose.

Maybe it’s worth mentioning that sum of all efficiency points as well as highest efficiency score was also in our team’s favour. 

Question: what is the score displayed next to the amount of bases destroyed icons? If it’s number of bomb pick-ups - why we loose? If kills - why it’s even displayed if it supposed to be completely irrelevant in this mode according to Detonation rules?

My understanding is on tie you win by having picked up more bombs which is not displayed anywhere. Also the kill count is completily irrelevant on that mode and i also dont know why its there.

there’s a post made by error with the rules.

1st time I encountered this I was wery surprised and didn’t understand why that is a tie-breaker.

Then I thought about it, and understood the elegance of that solution: As tie-breaker is the team whom picked up the bomb more, it encourages players to play the mission, not just to passively camp and snipe.

Brilliant!

I DO understand that it is hard to consider this as a realistical way of deciding the winner, but lets face it, that gamemode isn’t “realistical” in any case with magically spawning bomb that they couldn’t bring with them… So in my books its totally OK.

The Active Team wins. Its fair and Brilliant.

there’s a post made by error with the rules.

Benache, my good man - reading comprehension fail.  :facepalm:

Question: what is the score displayed next to the amount of bases destroyed icons?

If it’s number of bomb pick-ups - why we loose?

If kills - why it’s even displayed if it supposed to be completely irrelevant in this mode according to Detonation rules?

To make you feel especially bad when you loose even tho you had far more kills. Isn’t it obvious?

Well, having any kind of estimation about how many times your team picked up the bomb would be much more handy. But I agree that kill count could be one of the scores displayed just for the reason you mentioned. :slight_smile:

Talking about that - it would be cool to show on an Efficiency Score Board who picked up the bomb and how many times.

Side note: what isn’t stated in the rules, though, but made me curious in one of my games: is it only bomb spawn position pick up or any time your team member pick up the bomb it counts towards the tie-break.

Because if the latter I think I saw a squad of 4 players from one of the top Corporations abusing it by juggling the bomb between them.

If that was the case I think dropping bomb should give -1 to the tie-breaker score maybe? Not sure what to think about it.

Yes, amount of bomb pickups would be nice info to see. Kills not so much.

Because if the latter I think I saw a squad of 4 players from one of the top Corporations abusing it by juggling the bomb between them.

If it works like that then lol, that would be fail. The proper way to count it would be to only count if if the bomb “changes sides”, and not count the pickup if the bomb was intentionally dropped by a team member prior to that (where intentionally dropped = selfdestruct, tachyon, microwarp, barrier, cloak, etc)