Question about heavy blasters

Hi there, was thinking about getting the max out of HB and came to this question:

What works better in capacitors slots? Pulse discharger or iridium heatsink?

Obviously pulses really boost dps in the weapon stats window while heatsinks don’t seem to boost too much, but I suppose this has to be related to the HB increasing rate of fire mechanic…

Any idea?

Capped rate of fire of any weapon is 300 rpm (rounds per minute)

With fed rank 11 implant (8% rof) you will have 297 rpm in a heavy blaster, so an iridium sink will just upgrade that to 300, wasting all the potential.

In that case, pulse dischargers are the way to go, but you will have problems with energy regeneration.

On Heavy Blaster you have high damage and fire rate, but big spread.
Iridium heatsink not gonna make any sense. If you don’t care about energy stability, you can try Pulse Discharger, it helps a bit. But I would vote on Acceleration Coils. It makes projectiles more faster and you can be more accurate, and reach more weapon range.

On Heavy Blaster you have high damage and fire rate, but big spread.

Iridium heatsink not gonna make any sense. If you don’t care about energy stability, you can try Pulse Discharger, it helps a bit. But I would vote on Acceleration Coils. It makes projectiles more faster and you can be more accurate, and reach more weapon range.

In fact, the best thing you can do is use one EG and slam either shared cooling and/or cooling ammo. Firing HB for almost a minute non stop is epic.

Cooling ammo? DMG or go home! :smiley:

Cooling ammo?

I don’t remember the name, the one which gives you overheating time with lasers.

High-Frequency Oscillator

oh well thanx guys fianally i got it lol. I’ll stay with my 2 purple PD then lol

Didn’ìt now 300 is the Cap rate of fire. Thta’s a great piece of info :wink:

The nifty thing is that if you use an implant other than F11, you can still use a heatsink to get roughly as much dps without hitting the cap.

The E11 implant is so bad.

Ignoring 8 resistance won’t give you +8% dps because everybody have over 100 resistance.

So you can choose the missile implant or RoF.

On the topic : For me, the best is Accelerator coil. Coupled with some spread reduce + Shared Cooling (motor) + Range amo (for the +20% optimal range).

And for implants : Jericho R2, Empire R6, Jericho r11, Empire r12.

Capped rate of fire of any weapon is 300 rpm (rounds per minute)

not on any weapon,the cap on schrapnel is 100 :slight_smile:

not on any weapon,the cap on schrapnel is 100 :slight_smile:

Shrapnel shoots 3x projectiles per a single shot, so 100 on shrapnel = 300 projectiles cap.

well my recommendation for HB, if you want more dps on does suckers, pulse discharge, curved reflector, electronic guidance, shared cooler, that will usually screw-up someones day  

but pulse discharge use it only if you have a second capacitor space for a multiphase generator, or any other kind of module that increases the capacitor energy flow, with that you’ll be fine 

I have my dps at 4400+ on my osprey. I personally farm t5 skirmish very easily. Get like 10 kills and 15 assists with no deaths lol. Waaaay too easy. I have 2 pulse dischargers, curved reflectors, and electronic guidance. Need to purple my pulse dischargers tho. 

And for implants : Jericho R2, Empire R6, Jericho r11, Empire r12.

Having 2.5 seconds lock on time is pretty awful though. I’d use Empire R2 over the other 2 any day.

Having 2.5 seconds lock on time is pretty awful though. I’d use Empire R2 over the other 2 any day.

But J2 is a blessing when you see an ECM. It also makes electronic guidance a (still very wise) option, rather than be required for heavy blasters.

But J2 is a blessing when you see an ECM. It also makes electronic guidance a (still very wise) option, rather than be required for heavy blasters.

Bu you would have to put one of those locking modules in your CPU. Having a 2.5 second lock on time is insane, specially on a ship that focus on dealing damage on enemies. Heavy blaster isn’t the most precise weapon after all. Also if you want to snipe, that lock on time would be too bothersome imo. If we’re talking about Guards and Engineers then yes, the spread reduction + controlling effect reduction is going to help quite a bit.

Bu you would have to put one of those locking modules in your CPU. Having a 2.5 second lock on time is insane, specially on a ship that focus on dealing damage on enemies. Heavy blaster isn’t the most precise weapon after all. Also if you want to snipe, that lock on time would be too bothersome imo. If we’re talking about Guards and Engineers then yes, the spread reduction + controlling effect reduction is going to help quite a bit.

Well, with heavy blasters, 2.5 seconds is about 10% of your heatup time, and some tiny amount of the heatup with max fire rate. Add that to the fact that the projectiles are rather quick and thus relatively easy to aim without assistance, and it’s pretty okay without E2 or overclocked. Now, for the other frig weapons, E2 would be really nice. But, since I only have one crew, I like to stick to J2 for the lower stun times.

Also heavy blasters with J2 and electronic guidance has a pretty small spread. It’s nifty.

well I prefer a small spread on the HB, like to concentrate es much dps in a single point as possible, and when it comes to locking time issue, I really dont worry about it, if any ECM comes close I just shoot a EM torpedo at them and because there unguided you dont need to wait for locking on time. thats why I always love to fly T5 jery guards, they can take the pounding, when it comes to the torps againts ECM’s