PvP Suggestion - USA Servers

Greetings fellow pilots! ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)  I’m bringing a suggestion that would greatly help the American/Canadian population of Star Conflict! Increased USA/CAD Servers!

We all know the effects of high ping… but in case you do not here are a few;

• Packet Loss
  • Delay in the following:
    • Movement
      • When piloting your ship; ever notice it does not go in the direction you want?
    • Active Module Activation
    • Weapon & Module Specific Delays
  • Poor aim & leading lag

These are just a few of the issues that can present themselves when you’re fighting a PvP battle on a Russian/Europe server.

What is a Good Ping Response Time?
< 30 ms - excellent ping; almost unnoticeable; ideal for online gaming
30 to 50 ms - average ping; still ok for online gaming
50 to 100 ms - somewhat slow ping time; not too noticeable for web browsing but may affect gaming
100 ms to 500 ms - slow ping; minimal effect on web browsing, but will create noticeable lag in online gaming
> 500 ms - pings of a half second or more will add a noticeable delay to all requests; typically happens when the source and destination are in different parts of the world.

Source

I myself live in the Pacific Northwest & 80% of the time I find myself playing on Russian servers and for me that is around ~230 ping. 0.23ms in every action, every button, every request. 

The problem isn’t the lack of servers, the problem is the way the match maker works and that most times of the day, the RU/EU Playerbase is significantly bigger than the American one.

Especially normal PvP tends to be pretty unpopular for American players, so it is near impossible to find a match on a US Server.

If you play any other game mode at US prime time, you can easily find a US Server.

On 3/20/2021 at 7:23 AM, Johnnynator1 said:

The problem isn’t the lack of servers, the problem is the way the match maker works and that most times of the day, the RU/EU Playerbase is significantly bigger than the American one.

Especially normal PvP tends to be pretty unpopular for American players, so it is near impossible to find a match on a US Server.

If you play any other game mode at US prime time, you can easily find a US Server.

It is most definitely a lack of servers and here is why; I’ve tried to prove its not over the years I’ve played. Including but not limited to…

• Queueing in different time zones from GMT -1 to +14 
    • I started from time zone to time zone, queuing at the most active time during that zone ~6 PM on Friday nights and spread out times during the weekend to no avail.
  • Setting my preferred region to USA and queuing during primetime in different ship setups(in case it mattered)
    • I’d get a ~2m queue, and get a Russian server during USA primetime. 
  • In my most recent attempt I took a team of the following and tried setting up a perfect match to see what we all would get during ACTIVE USA primetime.
    • 24 Players
      • All queue within 1 second of each other( not grouped , totally random)
        • All set to prefer USA
          • All players ~500 miles of each other (USA)
            • End result was 3 teams all in different Russian/Europe servers with some still in queue.