PvP Matchmaker: Uneven Odds or Unfair Advantage - Destroyers

I wanted to try how it looks like. The game with Destroyers, I mean.

1.) I started T3 PvP in a 2-pilot squad.

2.) I waited 1 second in line (got lucky that we had the same 2-pilot group) from the previous match, otherwise it is a disaster in T4 and T5.

3.) Domination mode. 10 vs. 10. Sounds easy, right?

4.) WRONG!!! Ruined by impossible odds!

The match started with 1 person in T2 ships and I think that he disconnected on purpose, or he was unable to reconnect.

We had only 1 Destroyer, while the enemy had 5 in the end! I managed to take some down, but with the combined firepower, we lost all advantage that we had before, from capturing 2 beacons.

We were surrounded. In the end they had all of 3 of our beacons. We improvised and managed to take some down, until we were overwhelmed and the match ended.

Worst MM balance ever!

Also, a hidden mechanic for ESB tag and hidden parameters within, which means that you face an unfair advantage in the end. Damn, I am good. I can only wear the badge to get screwed.

Destroyers do not belong in the same line as standard ships!

I am not going to say that they are OP, but they certainly should not be combined with standard ships, especially not more of them unevenly among both teams.

Frigball Era became Mega Frigball Era. Era of Destroyers indeed.

I think that this is a game-breaking mechanic.

Destroyers should have their own contract tree, rewards and mode as well! If you put them together with already existing system, they become an annoyance, not just because of the ship, but also because they stack and they aren’t evenly distributed!

Screenshots:

iw3hmp.png

muv1ph.png

Statistics:
102nsq1.png

2mm66wo.png

2ur8isk.png

They’re just released, I bet devs are already planning SEVERAL solutions for how they work in pvp.  You probably didn’t see my topic. My 2 screenshots are worse than yours.

I agree that they should be placed evenly with other destroyers in PvP, but aside from that, they are simply normal, but extremely powerful ships.

Solution: even teams by destroyers, change nothing else.

3 enemy destroyers were in the bottom of the scoreboard

3 enemy destroyers were in the bottom of the scoreboard

Suppressive fire gives you no points unless that person both takes significant damage and dies later.

Suppressive fire gives you no points unless that person both takes significant damage and dies later.

^this^

Also papi do the mats: the guys in the first 2 spots have 4/3 capture and 1/0 kills, both with 2 assist. That means: on the beacons there where no enemy 'cause of the ally destroyers camping them.

i was just saying…it seemed more of a 2 vs 0 destroyers instead of 5 vs 1, where 2 destroyers defended beacons and the 2 top guys capped all beacons. I dont see any use of suppressive fire if the dmg dealt is too low (meson cannon with a lot of range and spread), all it does is say “keep your distance, otherwise you may see if we suck or not” xD I did not see the game so i cant say much about it…just giving perspectives instead of a single view and valoration.

Also, a hidden mechanic for ESB tag and hidden parameters within, which means that you face an unfair advantage in the end. Damn, I am good. I can only wear the badge to get screwed.

I thought this happened only in WPK.

Well I can so much that with R9ish ships this battle was too hard to do anything, we didnt have the firepower to take down all the 5 enemy destroyer, since they just rolled in, along with other frigs, and dominated the map, defending the beacons from the middle of the game to the end. What can you really do in such a scenario, when your team doesnt have the DPS or the tank? But, with r11 ships we would at least have had a better chance, I learned later. But nvm.

There is no perfect match maker, discounting the disconnect your team had a significant advantage at the start of the game (you and your wingman). AS a result, as player cue in the better one go to the other team, that is the effort to balance the game. I think it’s a pilot rating thing, the biggest disadvantage smaller ships have is the range,

i think only one or two main weapons has the range to fire at a destroyer with out coming in range of there guns, that is where the game is unbalanced

I know, unfortunately this game was the first in squad we had, and we both havent played in squads for a long time due to the queue time. But anyway, I haven’t encountered this bad MM-balance since this very example, thankfully… xD 

Psst, I heard there are no destroyers in T5

:006j:

Catbox is right! There are only crabs. Millions of them. Legions. Hordes. It’s never-ending.

The only solution I can see to the issue presented in the OP (that wouldn’t significantly increase queue times) is to remove restrictions on 2-man squads. Let them get games without another squad. This will only increase the number of squads in PvP. While you devs keep cherishing your mis-placed belief that squads ruin the game, they are the only really effective tactic vs. a team that has more destroyers than yours. This game has no effective direct communication within the game (and if the voice-chat system worked properly, it still would be ineffective, as it is rare that everyone on the team speaks the same language). So squads who use 3rd party voice chat systems can get the coordination needed to counter destroyers.

Then you’ll just get teams with squadded destroyers against teams with no destroyers without squads.