problems with fritzbox/launcher

hey,

I have a biiig problem: Each time I start to download the game, my fritzbox restarts…so I lose connection…then after restart it starts to resume…and then the box restarts again…if I DON´T start the launcher, it works fine…no problem with the box…any ideas where the problem might be? I´d be happy if anyone could help :)=

best regards

Lucy

Hi,

that sounds very strange for me. I never I heared of such a problem.

Are your fritz box drivers up to date?

Which fritz box are you using?

Error

Sounds really kinda strange.

How/Where did you see that your fritzbox is restarting?

hey,

thx for the qiuck answers…it´s strange for me, too…So…we have 2 PC on that box, It´s fritzbox 7170 with newest sw (29.04.87)

It doesn´t matter if me or my husband start the launcher…it starts downloading the game for about 30 sec…with about 1 MB/s…so then it´s getting slower and slower…you can see after 1 min. it´s at 30kb/s and then the lights on the fritzbox flash up and then they´re off…then it starts to synchonize again…so the Power/DSL light is first blinking and then its on again…just as if you just turned it on…First my husband hat the idea, that the game must cause this and I didn,´t believe…I never heard of such a problem…a restart of the box?? never…but we´ve really tried and once we start the launcher again, the box is off again…

I think we had a similar problem with the game “entropia”…I was playing that one alone, and one evening the box restarted about 5 times…since then I didn´t play the game anymore and the problem never occured again…

So Ideas: is it possible, the intern box firewall tries to block anything? Maybe a port forward would help…but which port? I´m sucking in at this network stuff, but I´m still better than my husband :)))

THX for your help!!

best regards

Lucy

If I remember right I have the same fritz box at home. I will check this on monday when I am back home.

I never had any trouble with any restarts only these caused by my internet provider.

Do you know how to use torrent? Because there is also a way to download the client via torrent.

Even if the box tries to block something it shouldn’t restart. It just would… block it. However port forwarding could be a good first try. Unfortunately the game manual in the game directory doesn’t provides any information about this, so we have to count on Error that he knows them / ask the game devs about them (the ports for the launcher, not for the game).

If you are familiar with torrents you could also use the (inofficial) magnet torrent link, as Error said.

Point your torrent software (like Vuze, Azureus, µTorrent) to save the files at the game directory, click this magnet link, let the torrent software download it and deny if you’re asked to override existing files.

I will try to find out which ports are required so we should be able to fix it.

hey,

well I don´t get a source for the torrent…I found the file on magnet (the link didn´t work), and I loaded azureus (thanks for the tip), but it doesn´t load, because noone shares it…?

I´d be really happy if you find a solution…is the game worth it? :)))) I started mmo with jumpgate and since it´s off I search for something to replace it :)))

best regards,

lucy

hey,

well I don´t get a source for the torrent…I found the file on magnet (the link didn´t work), and I loaded azureus (thanks for the tip), but it doesn´t load, because noone shares it…?

I´d be really happy if you find a solution…is the game worth it? :)))) I started mmo with jumpgate and since it´s off I search for something to replace it :)))

best regards,

lucy

Sure we will find a solution. You can try to take a look into some videos on youtube, most are on russian but they still give a good look into the game.

Just give me some time to get in contact with the devs to get the ports. Since it is weekend it is harder to get in contact.

I am afraid I broke the link in my previous post. Sorry.

I just tried the torrent by myself again. Works fine for my, even if the download speed is a bit fluctuating. While we wait for the ports lets do another try. :wink:

Start Azureus and copy (!!!) this link into your browser:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:90F70E1D1EF060C7AEC0A39AE5578C72BBD3BF20&dn=pc&tr=http%3a//yupmaster.yuplay.com%3a27022/announce

It should ask you, if you want to continue or something similar. (Depends on your browser.) Allow it. Than the download should start.

Don’t forget this:

Point your torrent software (like Vuze, Azureus, µTorrent) to save the files at the [star Conflict] game directory, […], let the torrent software download it and deny if you’re asked to override existing files.

Azureus should have the option to change the download path under Tools -> Configuration -> Files. Don’t forget to change the download directory again after your download is ready or Azureus will save any other file you download in your game folder.

is the game worth it?

Star Conflict is really worth a try, if you like space combat and a very promising candidate in this genre, even if you will feel that it is still in beta at the moment.

P.S.:

I won’t be able to come online today and maybe even not tomorrow.

hey,

it worked! :slight_smile: THX…Now I´ll try out what I got :)))

best regards

claudia

Nice to hear.

Have fun and see you in space.

Here the ports you need to open:

80,443,27022,8090,6881,27032-27042,5222,3478-3480,7800-7802

Uffff… thats a hell of a bunch of ports. Are this ports only for the launcher or for the game too?

Maybe you should add this to your FAQ @ Error. :wink:

http://forum.gaijinent.com/index.php?/topic/9493-faq/

Done