problem with warp gate on engi

other players should not be allowed to use your gate unless they are in your group. few times it has happened that i try to escape enemy players(yellow and even red) and they just use my goddam warpgate right after me and jump right behind me, making the whole gate pointless. no they were not recons, tacklers mostly and no they did not have cruise.

I’m guessing you’re using the warp-gate within open-space, and you are not referring to the use of it within general pvp. 

Yeah, I can see the use of that. +1

lock it to anyone not in your squad/wing, or put up an option for you to be able to manually set this function.   “allow players while inside open space to use your jump-gate when not inside your squad or wing.” yes/no. etc. 

I think enemy (red ships) should not be allowed to use it same as in pvp. Ships under station protection if you are too should be allowed to use it. Neutral (yellow) ships I’m guessing shouldn’t be allowed.

I think enemy (red ships) should not be allowed to use it same as in pvp. Ships under station protection if you are too should be allowed to use it. Neutral (yellow) ships I’m guessing shouldn’t be allowed.

exactly what i am saying. game has been up for so long. i wonder how this never came up till now … also what were the devs thinking??

ok another 2 times that happened today. lost a load of iridium the second time. devs please fix that its super easy to do and will cost you no more than 10 minutes. thanks in advance :wink:

Tacklers in invasion with no cruise,what dimension is this?

Until this is changed, I’d recommend flying something that actually defend itself, if you’re going to venture in dangerous space.

Seriously, engineer frigate hoping to escape attackers?

its the only rank 10+ ship that i have. stop saying things that dont help. if i had tacker or recon id use it

stop saying things

I would rather not

Mahaha. well, I will say that for a frigate, a warp gate could mean the difference between life and death in open space, so it’ll be nice when this can be implemented. the other option is to use the warp to your advantage,

and simply torp right behind you as soon as you exit the warp, so the enemy intie hits a nasty present on its way from its free ride.

Aside from that, Voydwalker, what ship are you using, and what build. we may be able to help you out with the basic setup, so you can move around with a better chance at killing an enemy.

For frigates, a general rule is to go up, or down to the limits of a map and then make your way above or below the map, so you can get the the next warp-gate unharmed by AI. 

Other players are another matter, but you’re less likely to be spotted when you’re a good ways away. 

Warp-in, go straight up, and then go straight to above the next warpgate, and go straight down; That’s the basic premise. 

Does your entry direction still matter with engi warp gates or does it now correct like in-map gates?

Yet another thing that ought to be implemented. 

an animation that shows the engineer where the warp is directed, and lock it in that direction.

Does your entry direction still matter with engi warp gates or does it now correct like in-map gates?

IIRC, it still throws you whichever direction you entered. No corrections, so take care you don’t warp into an asteroid.

Good day! Thanks for bringing that to discussion. Actually great thing to implement. Personally I’m into it, but can’t give any deadlines yet.

hi devs, thanks a lot. i noticed today noone can use my warpgates anymore. it would be nice however to still allow friendlies in open space or under station protection to use them. like i said: anything other than red and yellow should have access :slight_smile:

regards