Premium Ship Devaluation

• T4 R12 prems and below cannot gain loyalty from missions due to not being of ‘max rank’ (R15) as they previously could; despite having a +20% loyalty bonus. You must now play non-premium ships to gain those rewards.
  • T4 R12 prems and below cannot claim mission rewards due to not being of ‘max rank’ (R15). Despite the purpose of premium ships being to gain more rewards, not less; they gain zero. You must now play non-premium ships to gain those rewards.
  • Research amounts to a 95-99% reduction in loyalty gained on premiums, the purpose of which was to upgrade modules, for which they are now worthless, except T5 R15s.
  • Premium +2 cargo spaces are now irrelevant, as Iridium, Monocrystals and Blueprints no longer drop in Open Space as they once did. May as well have zero extra cargo spaces.
  • Premium ships used to gain 100% ‘free synergy’ prior to launch, then reduced to 2x 10% and increased to 2x 20%; equivalent to a 60% reduction in ‘free synergy’.
  • Premium ships are now out-performed by ‘unique’ and Ellydium ships in almost every category, tier, and rank. Especially at R11, which take part in both T3/T4 games.

Essentially, premium ships have been reduced to +20% credit gain (the most common currency). The only rewards which remain are on the most expensive of premium ships, T5 R15. All other perks have been incrementally stripped from them over a 3 year period. Only 1% of system messages include premium ships, which is an indicator of their current value.

I plan to amend this post with further information, but I just can’t be bothered right now. Furthermore, I toned this post down, because if you wanted my actual opinion on this matter, it would have resulted in a demotion of my forum account.

Worthless, Obsolete, Ancient, Dilapidated, Junk - Use whatever term you wish to describe them.

The only fix to this is taking a different approach on ellydium, meaning making them equal and not superior, that would be enough to revert back pvp into a more balanced gameplay.

There is no ‘fix’, unless you mean ‘rig’ and not ‘repair’. CinnamonFake already stated that Dart/Gargoyle will not be balanced. Game is Kaput.

59 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

The only fix to this is taking a different approach on ellydium, meaning making them equal and not superior, that would be enough to revert back pvp into a more balanced gameplay.

or simply wait until all elly ships have been implemented so that PvP is “equal” again and all other ships can be sraped then anyways cus if you enter PvP with and “normal” ship you are easy prey for the side with more elly ships lol.

I’ll just wait another 2 years to use the product I bought, thanks. /s (yes, I know it’s a joke)

Honestly, i can rack up kills with almost anything and im not really win clingy at the same time, that part is mostly about “taste”, but that doesn’t change the fact that the ellydium line of ships possesses superior mechanic mixed with over the top firepower. Basically if i played against myself, elly vs standard, i would lose to elly ships no doubt. Changing a few numbers should do the trick, simple as that, no need to complicate things further.

Don’t expect ellydium/special ships to ever be equals to standard ships. 

It would make no sense economically speaking. A ship requiring hundreds of hours worth of grind needs a significant advantage over something that you get instantly. 

Also :

You can play r12 ships and r15 ships on the same lineup. 

On the other hand, you can’t use r11 and under. 

In fact there’s one thing I don’t understand : why is there a minimum ship rank? Especially when the rank difference is balanced with a buff in damage and resistances? 

skill is also a BIG part of it, put a random player in a thar’ga R15 and a experienced player in a Jaguar for exemple guess who will won: Jag.

Yes they are op yes they take years to upgrade and yes they look weird but once you learn how to fight them they are ship like other (excepte tai’kin. it’s a virus)

Mechanics should be enough as advantage, because it is, the rest, the equipment etc should resemble to their counterparts in standard ships.

[@EndeavSTEEL](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/256051-endeavsteel/) In the name of science, please compare apples to apples, not oranges.

Well I am still kicking ass in my Patriarch, Thar’Gas got no chance. To me it’s a very solid premium ship, and having no repair cost is something that’s awesome that’s still exclusive to those ships. Of course they are worthless outside of sales. But 2K GS for such a ship, I am still quite fine with that.

Patriarch is a T5 Prem (out of context). It’s also well known that T5 prems got some unaccountable damage buffs that other prems don’t have, or even other T5s. That’s where P2W began to take root… the very beginnings, baby teething problems. You mean 12k, right? What’s 12k? $32? Well, you know how that discussion goes, some games cost less. Regardless, it’s like apples to oranges, and a decent Thar’Ga should toast a Guard like it were butter being shot at with the sun.

8 minutes ago, OmegaFighter said:

Well I am still kicking xxxx in my Patriarch, Thar’Gas got no chance. To me it’s a very solid premium ship, and having no repair cost is something that’s awesome that’s still exclusive to those ships. Of course they are worthless outside of sales. But 2K GS for such a ship, I am still quite fine with that.

Proximity mortar does not count!  ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

3 minutes ago, betatrash said:

Patriarch is a T5 Prem (out of context). It’s also well known that T5 prems got some unaccountable damage buffs that other prems don’t have, or even other T5s. That’s where P2W began to take root… the very beginnings, baby teething problems. You mean 12k, right? What’s 12k? $32? Well, you know how that discussion goes, some games cost less.

You can get the ship for 2k at each new year ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

8 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

You can get the ship for 2k at each new year ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Wait, what? You’re telling I paid 8-12k for ships that are worth 2k? Well… that’s hilarious… ‘devaluation’.

Actually May 9th Victory Day as well, according to lubie1strzelac in global (1945 GS).

9 minutes ago, betatrash said:

Patriarch is a T5 Prem (out of context). It’s also well known that T5 prems got some unaccountable damage buffs that other prems don’t have, or even other T5

Right then, solid premium ships from other ranks that I played and killed dozens with (No T1 I dont ever play it)

Kalah
Superkite / Blade of Aressa
That T2 premium recon
Desert Eagle / Nukem I
Parallax
Sigurdr
Blood Tormentor
Leonina
Orelus
Scimitar

Of course not all are great, but some have been bad since forever. Those ships won’t match against ellydium ships, but ellydium ships are much more grind/money than those premiums. As I said, I think the value of those has never changed, just their proportional value in comparision to whats coming right now.

And yeah, never buy them outside of New Year / Whatever sales. I bought roughly 30 premiums during the WW2 event where each of them was 1945.

Yea, that never used to be the case for 2k or 1945 GS. At least not that I was aware of. It must have come about due to their devaluation.

So basically 30 ships, for the same cost which I bought 6? That’s… hilarious… once again.

Nobody in their right mind would pay more than 2k these days.

21 minutes ago, OmegaFighter said:

Well I am still kicking xxxx in my Patriarch, Thar’Gas got no chance. To me it’s a very solid premium ship, and having no repair cost is something that’s awesome that’s still exclusive to those ships. Of course they are worthless outside of sales. But 2K GS for such a ship, I am still quite fine with that.

9th of May - Victory Day - When every Premium ship from rank 7 to 15 can be bought for 1945 GS!

12 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Mechanics should be enough as advantage, because it is, the rest, the equipment etc should resemble to their counterparts in standard ships.

This is true in moba games. Where all choices are designed to be equal. 

SC is not a moba. Ships are not designed to be equals at all. 

There’s ship rank. 

Ship synergy. 

Items rank

Items mk-level

Boosters

Even 2 jaguars can be radically different. 

If you compare a level 1 jaguar with t4 items of mk1 level, to a full t5 mk4/mk5 jag with full synergy + boosters… 

There’s like what? 40% difference in efficiency, if not more? 

Grind wise, the game is like this :

Standard < craftable ships (Dart, kraken, brokk) < Ellydium ships

In term of power, it is exactly the same :

Standard < craftable ships < Ellydium ships

There’s nothing wrong with that. 

The problem is that Ellydium ships took the path of “Hyper mobile” ships. 

They are so fast that the current weapons in the game are not designed to hit them.

I know what you mean, the ships shouldn’t be the same but the modules and modifiers should be equal to provide at least an equal chance of some kind to fight, that is true balance, making something just stronger or weaker isn’t. For instance you have the combat reboot that lasts 2-3 sec and it’s just there to protect you, then there is the reflected fury from tharga that lasts 1,5-2 sec and damages in a pulsar way those who have you locked on. Those two are almost the same thing but the other one deals damage while protecting you so it’s completely natural for it to have a half duration than combat reboot does, do you see where im going at? 

Ships were always okay, a lousy passive rank bonus will never change the game outcome too much unless you are extremely competitive and nearly play it like without a mistake, it’s all about the modules, simple as that.

Fact is that reflected rage do have half the duration.