Possible solution for the account issue.

I’m gonna cut straight to the chase, the 1.5.4b patch was supposed to solve the steam account authentication, but in return, some people had their accounts “wiped”, or so it would seem, in my case I have 2 email addresses, both of which have been used on the gaijin website, and which I can log in the game with, first one results in an empty account, but with 14k GS, Black Hort and Ghost, both of which I remember that I got via promo codes and coming from War Thunder respectively, but the second address does log me back in my main account, but then there is this:

screenshot-180703-121833.png

So, bottom line, if you happen to be logged in an empty account, do not panic, your main account is not lost, it’s just that it may have been associated with another email address, possibly one that you linked that account with, contact support and ask them to associate it with another address, if you want to, after that, the issue with premium content should also be fixed.

Mine worked fine, maybe because I registered back in the beta when there were no steam linking yet.

They added notifier message to contact support if anything is lost.

And people will still complain here so last thing left is to wait them to fix it for everyone, I for one don’t mind having my emails changed, I want to phase out one of my emails anyway, who the hell uses yahoo anymore?

37 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

And people will still complain here so last thing left is to wait them to fix it for everyone, I for one don’t mind having my emails changed, I want to phase out one of my emails anyway, who the hell uses yahoo anymore?

I use yahoo as a spam address.