EDIT: Please put any discussions in spoilers, so we can see the + better!
Since the new PvE system was introduced, countless of hours were wasted due to beginner players voting low PvE difficulty levels - unlike the other 3 better players in the group who vote difficulty levels above 10, 20 or 30 etc.
This can’t go on.
As you might see, this causes a lot of friction between players, causing many to rage quit, and many just breaking into insults, or getting it aggressively done by doing a speedrun that leaves the beginners dazzled.
To change that, I had a very simple idea that wouldn’t require much wheel-reinventing.
It is really that simple:
- Based on the maximum PvE difficulty a player has reached,
Players who play their first PvE game with a difficulty level of 1 - Beginners and newcomers - should triangulate among themselves and play level 1 because it is a progressive experience .
They will have a way more exciting experience than pros who get mad at them and do it alone in a 40 second speedrun.
- The beginners win, unlock level 2. Now, beginners with max. PvE level 2 will triangulate together without being sucked to the pros, or pros being sucked to them.
- Players who have reached level 10 should not be able to vote lower than level 10, simply as part of the challenge.Every game requires more effort as you progress. Just as in any other video game, one doesn’t get cotton candy served on a golden plate when he’s close to fighting Bowser, right?
- Players who have reached level 10 will triangulate together - and solve the missions until they reach level 11 and so forth. But, as an alternative, they should triangulate from players who have 10-19. IT just shouldn’t be possible to manipulate the voting to levels below 10 because these actions underwhelm the potential of other players, bonus credits and level progress. Easy games shouldn’t be the first priority - challenges should be.
- Players, who just finished PvE level 19 , will certainly unlock level 20.
- Now, after winning 20 , these players will most certainly have strong enough ships to work dearly on unlocking level 21.
- They are not allowed to vote a level lower than 20, because most good players are wild savages anyway and won’t accept beginner stuff.
- Also, it protects others from the selfish player who is scared of losing, who would switch down to 1 or 10. It’s supposed to be an action game, not an easy-win game.
IMPORTANT POINT: When level 20+ players want to play e.g. 15, then still it is better to cap it at 10. The most important point is to split level 1-9 voters from the rest.
Now, scale it up to max. PvE difficulty levels 30, 40, 50 whatsoever – and this ‘algorithm’ would be fair towards die-hard-players, who are loaded with Wolfhounds, Zetas, high insignia levels and various other strong ships, who will most probably solve levels above 20 with ease. From then on, we can all have exciting rounds according to the maximum PvE difficulty levels we have achieved and get triangulated within a range of 10.
if we have players in our team with about 80-150 insignias, then it will really make sense to make that kind of progress.
Anyone will collect insignas greatly according to their progress, and we can conveniently play Random PvE without being surprised that a beginner voted level 1. Random PvE will also be a good possibillity for quick farming.
- No limits to ship ranks!
- Beginners will choose the best they can and progress fairly!
- Beginners AND Pros will have more satisfying time playing PvE without, again, wasting time to create a group for farming!
- We can all farm faster by clicking Random PvE and being triangulated automatically to the highest PvE difficulty level, or at least being protected from below 10, below 20, below 30 and so forth.
So this is the idea.
I have thought about it a lot and this is what I would do if I was a developer.
I would split the beginners from better players.
Let’s say. players with clearance level 13-15 are already better trained, and able to take more.
If you like this idea as such, please express a + or state clearly that you agree to this petition.
It is possible to throw side ideas in, but it is a petition and not really a discussion. Remember!
Please, if so, discuss it with care and if you don’t understand my idea, please take your time to read my text again until you can picture how I mean it.
Ship ranks stay untouched and there are no weird mysteries. it is just making the players fairly get what they want.
The PvE level system could have always been used more efficiently… so why not now than never?