Patch 1.4.5

Combat

Now the time for preparing the destroyer for the next flight is the same as for ships of other classes .   This has not happened with patch 1.4.5 … it still takes 20 seconds or so for the destroyer to warp into PVP , PVE , CO-OP … please fix this !!!  Its ridiculous and annoying … remember Dev’s , this is the vacuum of space !!!  1,000,000 metric tons of matter accelerate and move at the same rate as 1 metric ton of matter

31 minutes ago, Original_Taz said:

Combat

Now the time for preparing the destroyer for the next flight is the same as for ships of other classes .   This has not happened with patch 1.4.5 … it still takes 20 seconds or so for the destroyer to warp into PVP , PVE , CO-OP … please fix this !!!  Its ridiculous and annoying … remember Dev’s , this is the vacuum of space !!!  1,000,000 metric tons of matter accelerate and move at the same rate as 1 metric ton of matter

While I understand what you mean, your argument is rather…strange.

1mil tons of matter accelerates as the same rate as 1ton, but as if that acceleration was being applied equally across all 1mil tons of it. Basically you would need 1 million times the acceleration to accelerate 1mil tons as you would 1 ton, to achieve the same speed in the same time.

Otherwise it’s like using a bike engine to move a loaded freight train.

But all that is irrelevant because this is the future. Warps exist and apparently don’t have a changing effect until it is a destroyer. The warp speed should cap at 2000m/s for all ships no matter the size, as that speed is almost instantly depleted by the warp field on exit anyways. Having a destroyer move at 500m/s is pointless. Not to mention the harm it causes to other ships around it.

And as for the actual argument, the time is most likely due to to the fact that destroyers are incredibly massive when compared to other ships. They probably take longer to build and staff.

30 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

While I understand what you mean, your argument is rather…strange.

1mil tons of matter accelerates as the same rate as 1ton, but as if that acceleration was being applied equally across all 1mil tons of it. Basically you would need 1 million times the acceleration to accelerate 1mil tons as you would 1 ton, to achieve the same speed in the same time.

Otherwise it’s like using a bike engine to move a loaded freight train.

But all that is irrelevant because this is the future. Warps exist and apparently don’t have a changing effect until it is a destroyer. The warp speed should cap at 2000m/s for all ships no matter the size, as that speed is almost instantly depleted by the warp field on exit anyways. Having a destroyer move at 500m/s is pointless. Not to mention the harm it causes to other ships around it.

And as for the actual argument, the time is most likely due to to the fact that destroyers are incredibly massive when compared to other ships. They probably take longer to build and staff.

your response has nothing to do with my post   … the destroyer takes for ever to load into battles and the patch notes said that it would go back to the way it was before and pop in fast just like an interceptor or fighter or frigate  … cool warp theory though

6 minutes ago, Original_Taz said:

your response has nothing to do with my post   … the destroyer takes for ever to load into battles and the patch notes said that it would go back to the way it was before and pop in fast just like an interceptor or fighter or frigate  … cool warp theory though

Nah I said at the end.

I’m all for destroyers launching in to battle after death just as fast. At least it isn’t a full minute any more. XD

It said that RESPAWN time for destroyer got mormalised as for regular ships. Warping to battle is related to the warp speed, which was not changed ingame nor was it mentioned in patch notes.