Packet Loss in PVP

Having 18%-25% at times 35% packet loss while playing PVP. Despite what the desired region to play is via game settings, it seems to take me always at RU servers which ping wise might not be the best but if no packet loss the 180 ping is nealry fine. Today, the ping seems to be at its usual values but the pack loss is huge, values vary from 18% to at times 35%.

I’ve restarted the game after I’ve given the command “ipconfig/flushdns” and “netsh winsock reset”, restarted the router but no avail.

Please check this, I’ll be following this thread for any update.

Edit: Had no issues when got macthed in EU/US servers, no packet loss whatsoever, further more I’ve checked my line just to be sure there’s no issue with provider. Zero pack. loss.

Did you check your firewall settings?

 

List of ports required for the game:
TCP 80, 443, 3800-3815
UDP 35000-36000
 
Game launcher needs ports:
TCP 27022-27042, 6881, 8090

 

If you got issues with packet loss, go to Star Conflict folder, then run ConnectionTester.exe. It will automatically start and record your data, including packet loss. Send the file.

12 hours ago, ComWittman said:

Having 18%-25% at times 35% packet loss while playing PVP. Despite what the desired region to play is via game settings, it seems to take me always at RU servers which ping wise might not be the best but if no packet loss the 180 ping is nealry fine. Today, the ping seems to be at its usual values but the pack loss is huge, values vary from 18% to at times 35%.

I’ve restarted the game after I’ve given the command “ipconfig/flushdns” and “netsh winsock reset”, restarted the router but no avail.

Please check this, I’ll be following this thread for any update.

Edit: Had no issues when got macthed in EU/US servers, no packet loss whatsoever, further more I’ve checked my line just to be sure there’s no issue with provider. Zero pack. loss.

Sounds like your ISP routes your traffic through some bad nodes or so. I had this problem once too.

Can you run WinMTR ad described [here](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25324-info-connection-losses-high-ping-and-related-issues/)

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 9:34 AM, John161 said:

Sounds like your ISP routes your traffic through some bad nodes or so. I had this problem once too.

Can you run WinMTR ad described [here](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25324-info-connection-losses-high-ping-and-related-issues/)

Thanks for the input,
 

If it was an ISP issue I would have had the same problems with all game servers. Packet loss occurred when the mm placed me in Russian servers, I’ve already mentioned that in my 1st post that there was no packet loss when matched in US/EU servers.

Yesterday I’ve played over 15 rounds of PVP and at least half of my games were region : Russia, which means Russian servers WITHOUT any packet loss. Someone may interpret that is due to ISP and the service was better, however this cant be the case as when 1st encountered this issue I’ve tested the ISP for ping/packet loss etc and in addition tried few other games. Tests were negative, no problems with other games, in fact SC as well apart from the RU servers. Its not the 1st time I’ve experienced this but the last time the packet loss was for far too long than other times. I’ve also spoken with other players that had the exact same issue regardless the fact that most do not use the forum.

Seems there are some issues with the servers which is not up to me to find a fix or possible upgrade, that is for the developer/publisher.

 

 

On 14.11.2017 at 7:34 AM, John161 said:

Sounds like your ISP routes your traffic through some bad nodes or so.

1 hour ago, ComWittman said:

If it was an ISP issue I would have had the same problems with all game servers.

Those are not the same statements. Please do, what Skula asks for, it will help alot with diagnose what is going on.

 

52 minutes ago, Skula1975 said:

 

 

I guess most people don’t understand the manual, even if they read it.

There should be a tool that automatically does what’s described.

I am not sure if the information there are still valid. They haven’t been updated for ages.

 

Spoiler

http://www.pingplotter.com/products/free.html

 

Spoiler

http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/

 

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 12:25 PM, Skula1975 said:

 

Thanks for the tool, I’ll try to use next time I’ll have similar issues but as I’ve already mentioned the game seems flawless today. What I have noticed, the progress of contracts for loyalty vouchers doesnt register. 1st time I’m experiencing this.

Edit: There was nothing wrong with the contracts, clearly my mistake as I had slotted a R14 which I used and since its not R15 progress did no register, apologies and ignore the prev. post.

Edit2: Despite the fact that I have not used the tool, nop issues with packet loss.

It probably does. You need to fly or slot the ships of the specific rank.

15 hours ago, Koromac said:

It probably does. You need to fly or slot the ships of the specific rank.

Indeed, I ve edited the previous post regarding this.

Thread may close now.

yes,packet loss 

Wait for result of use of WinMTR