Opens Europe when the preferred server region instructs otherwise...

Today, I tried to log in to Stat Conflict to perform some duties, resulting in being destroyed by a Russian player on a Russian server. Taking to the account that I had selected Europe as my local region (I am in the United Kingdom), this lead me to believe that the server had become biassed to my location and so, I had decided to give the matchmaking a little experiment on Open Space.

Usually, in a PvP instance, the matchmaking will drop you in your preferred server region This is, in fact, not the case for the matchmaking on Open Space instances and the server will throw you into the next best server you are able to connect to, to my discovery.

Here is an illustration.

You will never find a USA server in open space (i recall getting into 1 or 2 sectors under USA servers…one of a lifetime experience).

I’ve been on the US instance twice before.

Even South Asia has an Open Space instance :stuck_out_tongue:

Haven’t had it happen in Open Space, but it’s so rage inducing when it puts me on a asia/US server in PvP/PvE. There’s a reason why i have the region preference set to Europe, already with 100+ ping i find the spacecrafts will start to act more like bricks in space than actual spacecrafts.

Would be nice to be able to select your Open Space server for so many reasons, maybe you want to farm resources so you’ll go into the low populated server for less competition, maybe you want to farm some negative karma so you go into the most populated server, etc.

Yes, if you can, make this option count not as preferred, but as guaranteed option!

Preferred region option avaliable for PvP only

Sorry for the necro; I just picked up this game again after a loooong time, and didn’t really want to start a new thread about the same issue.

Preferred region option avaliable for PvP only

Is there any particular reason why? I’m putting up with over 300 ping in PvP only because there doesn’t seem to be enough players to populate a game in the South Asia server. But open space is a ‘single-player mode’, isn’t it? I can barely fly a fighter because of the insane wobbling. 

I do agree that we should get instances for the regions we prefer… Some sectors only have Russian which is insane even with destroyer. Yeah I can control my ship, but can I shot others? Never.

Sorry for the necro; I just picked up this game again after a loooong time, and didn’t really want to start a new thread about the same issue.

Is there any particular reason why? I’m putting up with over 300 ping in PvP only because there doesn’t seem to be enough players to populate a game in the South Asia server. But open space is a ‘single-player mode’, isn’t it? I can barely fly a fighter because of the insane wobbling. 

There is no good reason. It would be insanely easy to do this. 

Open Space is multiplayer mode. Dedicated servers for OS select the datacentre with minimal loading.

minimal loading.

I just didn’t like seeing this.