Open Space PvP

My guild and I are new here, but we have started to go out looking for players to kill.  I say kill in fun, and want to stress we are not the lolpvper types, and believe in good fun and great completion.  We have been a guild for sometime and are mutigame, we moved our BSGO group here when that game closed last month. So far we are enjoying the game and its content, but we are PvP focused and love Open Space PvP.  While I know there are systems set up for it, and conquest which we are working hard to be able to take part in.  What we have found is that many run the PVE mode, well bummer lol.  My is turned off and will stay off. 

I understand why such things are in games, but I would suggest that what you see now be reversed.  Very few PVE only open space systems, while almost all are PvP only.  Keep in mind this is my take very early on in my game play here.  Still I expect that this lack of PvP targets will continue to my disappointment.  If there is a lot of PvP to be had in more advanced systems please let me know, so we can work even harder to get to it!

Still without such a system the farmers will simply get fatter and slower.  PvP at its best and most sportsmen like should be fun, provide incentive to improve and be an evolutionary process.  I know this is an early post in our exploration of this game, still PvP is such a part of our fun, both winning and losing at it, I wanted to see if my take was right and if so and hope of more PvP in the future.

The skill and equipment gap in star conflict can be huge. I understand that open space could become very frustrating very fast if there was no pve mode available. Also, ships built for open space exploration are often not optimized for pvp. Players would have to sacrifice firepower, speed, cargo or scanners in order to stay competitive.

You can, however conquer sectors with your corporation and deactivate the pve mode for all players there.

23 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

You can, however conquer sectors with your corporation and deactivate the pve mode for all players there.

That’s bririant!

43 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

That’s bririant!

Quite!  Now I have a few questions lol

1. Is there a limit to the number of systems a corp can control?

2. What limits, if any, are on this function?

We are the overly ambitious types!  ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Ill come back to ya on monday with answurrs ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)