Open space map viewer

Hello mercenaries.

I’m bored of looking for hours fuel or mysterious containers or cargo drones, blablabla, when I’m flying in open space.

But I’m far too lazy to takes notes on a paper and then search on which paper is what i’m looking for.

So, as a Dev, I’ll make for myself a tool (android and/or windows app) for this. Well that kind of tool is quite easy to make.

BUT, I’m super lazy. I looked into SC’s datas, but everything is “.pak” which mean that I can’t find the maps and need to screenshot absolutely all of them + clear them with 'toshop.

Then I thought “Hey, you know you don’t want to screenshot every single mini-map in the game. So, what if you submit your app to the community and ask them to take those screenshots and clear them for you ?”

And then I thought “Hey but if you ask them for screenshots, why not also make it entirely updated by the community so you won’t have to submit a new app when new maps/loots/blabla comes out ?”

In short, what is it ?

Tons of data with a view similar to this picture (data absolutely random) , but inside an android app  and with some tools to search and maintain it.

1UHS2Sf.png

Main features :

• Global view of all maps (Similar to what you can find here) : 
  • Search for a map and open the detailed map with the exact location of everything in this map

• Filters for [Drones/Minerals/…]

• Add/Remove data

• Import/Export data from/to a file

Secondary features (Read here “If I’m motivated”) :

• Search maps by data [Drones/Minerals/…]

• Search for the nearest map with [Drones/Minerals/…]

• List of what [loot_name] can give a [Pirate/Mineral/Transport/…] in [map_name]

• The full path of transports ships (instead of just their spawn location)

That’s it I guess.

You want my dream tool ?  Help me by giving me some data/maps screenshot.

If nobody help or want it, I’ll just make something for my personal use without unnecessary features. 

I won’t work full time on it, so it’ll take around a week to make (it’s not hard at all to make. The biggest thing is the UI design).  

It’s an interesting idea, but it’s also a pretty hard job to keep this app updated all the time. Good luck in making ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

So, nobody ?

I guess I’ll do it for myself then. I’ll still put some pics here when done. Already made the global map.

10 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

It’s an interesting idea, but it’s also a pretty hard job to keep this app updated all the time. Good luck in making ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

If only we had an API spewing out coordinates that could be ovelayed over a map…

Well, that’s what I’m doing isn’t it? 

9 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

Well, that’s what I’m doing isn’t it? 

not really, the API would be a functionality that spews ingame coordinates from the data base/loottables and let public 3rd party integrate into those, aka take the data and overlay it on the map or process in any other way.

What you are going to do is manually map every single POI on the map you find, like pre-historian cartographers 

That’s still possible  I guess. 

With game logs I mean, like how the “Emergency Barrier tool” work. I may take a look at it to see what’s possible.

Not sure, but did logs provide coordinates for a looting interaction?

I have absolutely no idea. I’ll take a look later, didn’t think about making it fully auto.

But well, if it’s not in logs, there’s still the possibility to use a packet sniffer.  I don’t know. I’ll reflect on it.

22 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

I have absolutely no idea. I’ll take a look later, didn’t think about making it fully auto.

But well, if it’s not in logs, there’s still the possibility to use a packet sniffer.  I don’t know. I’ll reflect on it.

a)there are no Info’s about locations in the logs

b)you may should read the Terms of use coz packet sniffing and trying to crack their proprietary network protocol is not what they want you to do or at least ask before

r. Use any unauthorized third party software that accesses, intercepts, “mines”, or otherwise collects information from or through the Service or that is in transit from or to the Service, including, without limitation, any software that reads areas of RAM or streams of network traffic used by the Service to store information about Gaijin game characters, elements, or environment. Gaijin may, at its sole and absolute discretion, allow the use of certain third party user interfaces;

On 28.06.2016 at 11:45 PM, John161 said:

a)there are no Info’s about locations in the logs

b)you may should read the Terms of use coz packet sniffing and trying to crack their proprietary network protocol is not what they want you to do or at least ask before

Reveal hidden contents

r. Use any unauthorized third party software that accesses, intercepts, “mines”, or otherwise collects information from or through the Service or that is in transit from or to the Service, including, without limitation, any software that reads areas of RAM or streams of network traffic used by the Service to store information about Gaijin game characters, elements, or environment. Gaijin may, at its sole and absolute discretion, allow the use of certain third party user interfaces;

There’re only screenshots involed in the plan, so I see no criminal.

1 hour ago, CinnamonFake said:

There’re only screenshots involed in the plan, so I see no criminal.

I talked about his mabe plan about packet sniffing and not about the Screenies and doing everything by Hand stuff

I said this without real intention of doing it. Seems like nobody is really interested in my ‘project’, and I have no need for a more advanced database so not in my plan (plus it requires tons of work).

Don’t worry I know the rules, of course I’d ask them before doing it (after all they could choose to insert pos in the OS logs).

Anyway, nearly finished it. I’ll probably show something this sunday. 

On 30/06/2016 at 11:56 AM, Swifter43021 said:

I said this without real intention of doing it. Seems like nobody is really interested in my ‘project’, and I have no need for a more advanced database so not in my plan (plus it requires tons of work).

Don’t worry I know the rules, of course I’d ask them before doing it (after all they could choose to insert pos in the OS logs).

Anyway, nearly finished it. I’ll probably show something this sunday. 

I just wanted to point out the rules and not accusing you smth you haven’t done.

Good Luck with your Project

Damn xKostyan, I hate you. It shouldn’t be allowed to make me work like that.

Made a script to extract some data when flying in OS, without log or anything.

Actually it takes a screenshot of the tab map whenever I press C, and look on the map for a block of red (my ship), and then extract the coordinates (in % of the width/height) out of it.

I tried to “farm” a map without so much data on it, carefully trying not to go twice on the same loot. 

Spoiler

KCFoND7.png

Well, I have neither the name, nor the loot associated to the position, and probably missing things or having some more then once, but had a lot of fun making it.

PS : I love my spacial scanner now.

You might wanna use Camera coordinates, they are already in the client, coordinates are shown when you cycle PING to Region or something like that

Step 2, load all of the maps into an app that just sits and monitor your log to identify in which location you are, and pop up the loot map on the second monitor ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

I am pretty sure that soem of the invasion lovers, would help you out with running your mapping script in the background

Does uhh, does anyone else remember that you can’t map mysterious containers, because they (devs) change the locations every once in a while…

On 14.07.2016 at 9:02 AM, PapyMcBites said:

Does uhh, does anyone else remember that you can’t map mysterious containers, because they (devs) change the locations every once in a while…

I though the decision was keep that thing updated manually

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 8:57 AM, CinnamonFake said:

I though the decision was keep that thing updated manually

Yeah that’s true, but there’s so many locations per sector, and they keep changing xD Imagine trying to do that alone… I’m working on a codex alone and its like, ridiculously hard to get all this information ._.