Open Space daily missions - penalty for failed assignments

When accepting a daily mission in Open Space, it is clearly evident from some mission’s objectives, that you mustn’t fail the mission.

Unfortunately, this isn’t the case at all. After mission is done, you can just self-destruct or die on purpose with no consequences whatsoever.

You can get 3 monocrystals per day with a basic account. With a premium account you can get 6 monocrystals per day.

Certain conditions should be added:

• if you die in Open Space , you can use a Duplicator and the mission won’t fail, if you later successfully docked at the Station (“Duplicator is your Savior!”)

• if you die and return to the hangar , such mission will FAIL , which will result in a LOSS of a current contract. (1-2 monocrystals per daily OS mission) (“What a waste of Time!”)

Optional 1:

• if you die, Open Space daily mission resets itself to 0 and you must do it all over again, from the start (it never fails, just the progress is reset)

Optional 2:

• to compensate for the dangers in Open Space , especially if the mission can permanently fail for a day until the next one is given, unless if a Duplicator is used

you should perhaps revert to previously known monocrystal values (6 for the basic account and 9 for the premium account)

I’m not quite sure how this suggestion will improve anything.

I’m not quite sure how this suggestion will improve anything.

Not much, but enough that pilots will actually complete their assignment from start to finish.

Mission requirements should be consistent with given objectives, especially if we would get old monocrystal values back again, which would make Open Space more worthwhile.

No thank you.

This will just make OS missions even more pointless.

Sure it would bring more realism to them, but because of their already completely useless nature, it would simply be increasing he time you are wasting with them.

This will just make OS missions even more pointless.

Sure it would bring more realism to them, but because of their already completely useless nature, it would simply be increasing he time you are wasting with them.

I agree with you, that’s why condition Optional 2 is most likely the best option, if such is given, a lot of things changes for better.

You would at least get your full, previous reward, which was 9 monocrystals per day with a license, but with a twist.

Remember, even if you die, it’s still not a problem, if you use a Duplicator and dock afterwards.

Only in such case it’s worth considering, even if it’s pointless, but it’s not pointless enough to just ignore it.

You can also use your Duplicator the moment you completed your mission and safely dock almost instantly.

I vote for Option 2. Also a OS revamp is coming, so we should wait and see what they do. 

This is making stuff worse tbh, if there was more content in OS MAYBE then it would pass with a semi-positive view.

In any case, existing or new Open Space system should have negative repercussions, if you fail to succeed at certain tasks.

Well, it makes sense, but still, they would need to invent a shorter route of some sorts to home, something other than dupes to implement such a thing. Traveling back and forth is very time consuming just for a single mission.

I agree with you, that’s why condition Optional 2 is most likely the best option, if such is given, a lot of things changes for better.

You would at least get your full, previous reward, which was 9 monocrystals per day with a license, but with a twist.

Remember, even if you die, it’s still not a problem, if you use a Duplicator and dock afterwards.

Only in such case it’s worth considering, even if it’s pointless, but it’s not pointless enough to just ignore it.

You can also use your Duplicator the moment you completed your mission and safely dock almost instantly.

Looks like bargaining to me, a way to get back the OS monos. Its not going to happen, they gone man let it go.

Of the five stages of grief, bargaining is right in the middle tho. So its not all bad u half way there. :fed003:

If OS were relevant to anything i’d maybe agree but its not, always just been a source of mono, now its less and the last place u can go with two friends and mess with ppl. Even that is not rewarding enough as u inevitably stomp all the levelling guys on thier way to get monos. So i dont see the point in making that twofold harder for new guys who will just get frustrated about it. Extra mono a mission or not.

Of the five stages of grief, bargaining is right in the middle tho. So its not all bad u half way there. :fed003:

It’s a suggestion. There is no grief involved.

Would attract player killers to the max. If there is one, you can escape. But if there ECM, recon and destro right at the gate, you have no chance. Many missions take place in pvp zones, but you can die, wait and try again. Permanent fail will just make people not to do those missions anymore, as pve will give you less, but more “secure way”.

From the other side, it would shift players to the pvp more.

Nope

Nope

Are you too poor to use a Duplicator to dock at the Station or to revive yourself?

Really, Omega, you feel threatened in Open Space?

Are you too poor to use a Duplicator to dock at the Station or to revive yourself?

Really, Omega, you feel threatened in Open Space?

I have over 700 of them but I am aware of the fact that not everyone has as much resources as me, that’s something you should think of sometimes as well.

Not everyone is Koromac and has billions of credits, thousands of resources, tenthousands of iridium and thousands of monocrystals, that’s how it is.

I must agree with omega, maybe the riches got the better of you this time. The idea is good but ahead of its time, OS is still in some skeleton beta phase, a lot more to do beforehand.

I have over 700 of them but I am aware of the fact that not everyone has as much resources as me, that’s something you should think of sometimes as well.

Not everyone is Koromac and has billions of credits, thousands of resources, tenthousands of iridium and thousands of monocrystals, that’s how it is.

Koromac is one and unique. You should never forget that! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: And I am aware that not everyone have as much as I do.

@ORCA1911

When it comes to resources, I am rational enough to assess all the risks.

The only difference is that I am a long-term player, which got all this with grind alone. I am not that rich at all. You most likely overestimate my wealth, but I affect overall statistics, that is true.

However, it’s also true that this idea is disliked by many players. Developers will have the final word in this matter.

Open Space will most likely be improved this year, when the time comes, so maybe we can expect something like this implemented by then.

I hope so, OS needs a lot of work, until then dont rush things lol