Old 5 day license in mail. It still works... Why?

In September, I got in-game mail for a five day license. At the time I was still using up a month license that I bought on sale. I finished my month license and didn’t renew. After while I opened my emails. The email said I had to use the license before x day, which had long past. I just opened it and took the license… didn’t figure it was going to work. Now I’m on a 5 day licenses ![:007_3:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_3.png “:007_3:”). I’m not complaining. I’m very happy and surprised it worked. I don’t know if that was a glitch and the license wasn’t suppose to work because it was past the date they intended or if because I was on a license when they sent me this one, that it still worked. I don’t know but I’m happy. I wasn’t sure where to put this comment. Hope this was the right place. First time I’ve used this forum.

I guess what I wanted to ask is… Is that normal or was that a glitch?

Thanks to all who take the time to answer.

It did say that people had time until September 13 to collect the gift from the e-mail, but they likely meant you have time to log in until that date, I also saw that it lasts 60 days, so I figured that I would keep it in case something to grind for would appear, or if they introduced some resource sink to help deal with the limits.