Oculus rift in the game

what do you think, could the gaming experience in star conflict be better or not with oculus rift?

As the game has not been initially developed for Oculus Rift in mind, I’d say it is just a curiosity.

Still, a positive curiosity.

But it will not likely make you better player, maybe just make your neck hurt for turning your head so much in space. “Cooooool it is as if I’m in space … oh someone shot me”.

I am totally getting one, but I hope you dont have to move your head around that much as the mouse points the camera…so…yeah. I need to try it before I buy it. 

I am totally getting one, but I hope you dont have to move your head around that much as the mouse points the camera…so…yeah. I need to try it before I buy it. 

And you also need to make a detailed post in case you do try it, or buy it. It’s such an itch for me to buy one of those things, but i really don’t know if there would be any practicality about it. At the moment i think you put it once, admire the pretty view, then let it get some dust while actually playing  :sad:

And you also need to make a detailed post in case you do try it, or buy it. It’s such an itch for me to buy one of those things, but i really don’t know if there would be any practicality about it. At the moment i think you put it once, admire the pretty view, then let it get some dust while actually playing  :sad:

Definitely will make a huge post about it. Just wait till the consumer version comes out! 

Want extra FOV? Add some extra monitors! 

well the reason I posted this today is because a couple of weeks ago I was watching a report on youtube tech channel and they were coming out with the second version of it a little bit smaller and they were saying that soon you can start to pre-order the second version, and today I just saw that facebook bought oculus rift for 2 billion dollars, they were saying that with this new cash incentive and the facebook resources they want to bring it sooner…will that be true I dont know…but I hope that the oculus rift doesn’t come out with a LIKE button!

and also Im waiting for it to come out, to play x3 albion pralude & star conflict with it  

I really wish another major company bought Oculus, not facebook 

I really wish another major company bought Oculus, not facebook 

3376624.gif

3376624.gif

Laughed way too hard for that! 

Yeah…too bad Facebook bought the company, we can only hope they still focus on game and not too much on ads like Zuckerberg mentioned. Meanwhile, you can buy a dev kit version 2 for around 350$ which is not that expensive in my opinion, might gonna try it just for fun.

3376624.gif

jajajajaja yes that is my fear also…excellent post 

Ditch Oculus, they’re early, but unreleased so unproven.  The facebook buyout throws away a massive amount of trust.  Then there’s the fact early adopters tend to get burned.

We need a system that tracks your eyes for aim.

“I’m looking right at the reticle, why are my ions still missing with 200ms ping?”

Then again, GTFO maneuvering would be even more disorienting.

System that tracks your eyes for aim…

I think your on to something.

Heh, your eye is not that accurate actually. Especially when it moves with saccades.

don’t even know what oculus rift is or how it works can some one xplane

don’t even know what oculus rift is or how it works can some one xplane

http://www.google.com in case you’re not trolling but just challenged… don’t necro post please (google that, too :P).

Definitely will make a huge post about it. Just wait till the consumer version comes out! 

Want extra FOV? Add some extra monitors! 

Same here, can’t wait to play Slender and other high paced game with OR.

I’m more concerned about the extra FoV. I want FoV, 180° or more. I don’t want to buy extra monitors. PAY 2 WIN!!!