Nuke rework

Was working on drawing some nukes + rockets for some epic stuff and tough of a possible nuke rework.

As you can see, the nuke design is a missile (Used to move, but don’t anymore). 

So I was wondering : why not giving nuke his mobility back ?

I think of something like :

The nuke follow the closer enemy ship

Nuke button is now a toggle on/off.

on = release a nuke that last up to 10 seconds.

off = make the nuke explode and start reloading a new one.

When switched on, you can’t switch it off before at least 4 seconds.

On release, the nuke is loading for 1 second, then it start moving. During that second, you can’t make it explode and ramming the nuke for make it move a bit.

4 things can make a nuke explode :

• Waiting the full 10 seconds after the release.

• The nuke hitting something.

• Anti-missile shield.

• Press the missile button a second time after at least 4 seconds.

Stats :

Damage : 7 000 thermal

Max speed : 100ms/s

Acceleration (Not instant max speed) : 17m/s

Duration before explosion : 10 seconds.

Radius of explosion : 250m

Cloud radius : 250m

Cloud duration : 10s

Cloud damage/s : 700 thermal

Cartridge : 1

Cartridge reloading time : 40 seconds (because not reducible with pylons).

Just want the old nuke back…

Double damage as now!

Just want the old nuke back…

Double damage as now!

A lot of people still fall for nukes. Not as often as they used to, though… They finally learned what the beeping noise is.

I really like that idea!
Would be nice to have a good functioning nuke in PvP.

The current nuke is rather useless compared with conventional rockets.

just reduce the damage a bit and have 3 per cartridge

101% agree. this would make this game even more fantastic  :00555:

101% agree. this would make this game even more fantastic :00555:

When this happens, i want to see your death recaps 3 days later.

101% agree. this would make this game even more fantastic  :00555:

Agree with what ? 

Nukes are still nasty. Dug my CovOps out, dusted off the cobwebs and landed a nuclear triple-kill within the first few games.

The only thing I would change is that I’d make it so Guards can’t shoot them down.

right click would make it awesome. so like a det pack in swbf lol. 

I posted something similar a while back. And I do agree that nukes need a rework, but this would simply make them unusable. Less damage. Less range. More cooldown. Overall nothingness. But guard MS making it explode would be AWESOME. Especially because atm that’s the number one bane of nuke users.

But guard MS making it explode would be AWESOME. Especially because atm that’s the number one bane of nuke users.

How about no? ECM already got the ridiculous ability to disable an active pulsar. Interceptors do not need more buffs against Guards.

That’s an opinion (even if I agree)… CC please.

JUST SAY NO to NUKES !  

I miss the old nukes so much. To me, it makes no sense that a covert ops could carry a nuke. After all, a nuke is huge compared to a regular missile, so it made sense when frigates could carry them. The only downside to frigs carrying the nukes was it was hard to get away in a slow-*** frig. In a cov ops, you have time to run, but the nuke makes an incredibly loud beeping noise, which is pretty much impossible to miss. I think nukes should go back to being missiles that travel slowly and then detonate, without any warning noises (aside from the sound of the missile being launched). Guards can still destroy them with missile shield, but it makes nukes a lot more practical, as it is harder to run away from something you can’t hear beeping at you “hey, I’m a nuke, and I’m going to go off in 5 seconds!”