No Reverse Engine Sound

also no reverse engine graphics, different topic, I know, but, might as well mention both while I’m here…

Read this please 

my post looks pretty self explanatory, if you don’t want to fix it, that’s up to you…

14 hours ago, SMOKEYSHADOWS said:

my post looks pretty self explanatory, if you don’t want to fix it, that’s up to you…

Skula1975 isn’t lazy, but he’s Russian, so he might not understand what you try to say.

Bug report: 2 bugs, same related issue (reverse engines and thrusters)

What happened?

Issue 1: (Engine - missing sound, when going reverse ONLY, even when using afterburners in reverse)

Issue 2: (Thrusters - when sliding or strafing, they do not produce any sound as well, but not sure, if only, when going reverse or in general)

How to replicate this issue?

This issue can be replicated in any known mode or Custom battle.

• equip any ship, preferably a Tackler, but works on any ship

• undock in Open Space or go to Custom match

• disable music and enable master volume to maximum

• go in reverse with your ship, observe the engines (effect is visible, but no sound, when going backwards, even when using afterburners)

• observe thrusters (no sound from the thrusters is heard, when going reverse or in general)

• or watch the video (1 minute, 15 seconds)  duration

Video: Example: “Jaguar” Tackler Fighter class ship

Spoiler

Logs:

No logs needed this time.

Sound and visual effects now avaliable for forward  afterburners  only

3 hours ago, Skula1975 said:

Sound and visual effects now avaliable for forward  afterburners  only

It makes no sense. It was better before. You should restore to the previous state.

4 hours ago, Koromac said:

It makes no sense. It was better before. You should restore to the previous state.

Me personally, I like it better now. The way it was before made no sense and was annoying to do a circular strafe listening to afterburners come on repeatedly.

I do agree however that there should be a sound just not the afterburner sound and louder than what it is if strafing without afterburner button.

thanks for your detailed input Koromac, but, it sounds to me as if a dev thinks his opinion is more important than the players’, it won’t be addressed, even if asked to submit the report by CF, so, 'nuf said…

On 12/23/2016 at 6:52 AM, SMOKEYSHADOWS said:

thanks for your detailed input Koromac, but, it sounds to me as if a dev thinks his opinion, (“me personally”), is more important than the players’, it won’t be addressed, even if asked to submit the report by CF, so, 'nuf said…

I agree. You were right! It’s laziness.