Nibelung

Has anyone a decent build for this squishy ship? Is there any way to not die instantly to nearly everything?

Has anyone a decent build for this squishy ship? Is there any way to not die instantly to nearly everything?

Armour Repair Kit, Spy Drones, Shield Remodulator and Flares/Cloak.

Warp away whenever you start getting shot to hell. Keep the ship agile, fast and tanky (resist-wise). I’d suggest you try the R1/3 buffer implants and fit the passive slots with resists.

There’s also 2 entire threads about this, one devoted solely to the Nibelung series and the other for Ceptors, in general.

You could try my tourney-fit:

9GMSxkY.jpg

Zapp. Regen hull and EM resist. Why?

I can understand the regen hull and the galva, but EM resist? So much fear from bubbles?

I have almost the same build except I have the adaptative shield instead of the submatter, and thermal resist instead of EM. And it worked nice the few games I played at T4.

During the Tourney-Times there was no Nerf to Particle-Purge… It was incredibly OP. Bubble-Guns are still a Problem for this rather weakish and especially SLOW ship. 

Reg. Hull Is my personal favorite (pretty much used on every fighter and Inty)

I can be self sufficient that way and since it was my job was to lone-around and harass/cap beacons… its a good choice.

Hey, we made 2nd Place in the tourney! 

Thermal resists might be a good choice nowadays… havent played T4 much in the last time. 

Take the enhanced Scanner for superior Sensor Range (should be around 12km) Fun to use, but it totally messes up your radar… but great for Squads.  

During the Tourney-Times there was no Nerf to Particle-Purge… It was incredibly OP. Bubble-Guns are still a Problem for this rather weakish and especially SLOW ship. 

I can be self sufficient that way and since it was my job was to lone-around and harass/cap beacons… its a good choice.

Hey, we made 2nd Place in the tourney! 

Thermal resists might be a good choice nowadays… havent played T4 much in the last time. 

Take the enhanced Scanner for superior Sensor Range (should be around 12km) Fun to use, but it totally messes up your radar… but great for Squads.  

Ah, yes, the invicible-owny Bubble O’death. But Regen hull isn’t that much of a good choice if you consider other modules. Especially if you have Engie support, but considering the job, it fits. People either go for Thermal/Kinetic, nowadays because of CM/Pulsar/Torps… However… having an EM resist can save you from those annoying EM Torps…

There is one thing I learned when I go solo in PUGs:  There is no Engie Support!

There is one thing I learned when I go solo in PUGs:  There is no Engie Support!

I’m workin’ on it!!! But you’re right, it’s just so annoying…

But yesterday, I was so frustrated at this CORP Engie… He was flying a damned Grizzly-M!!! I should’ve taken a screenshot of the fit, seriously. He had both repair HoTs (hull & shield) and both repair modules (hull and shield again). But he had NO HoTs ON! Needless to say, we died in 1 minute. I even told him to turn them on. Which he did. Then he switched them off. His excuse? “They spent energy.”

But yesterday, I was so frustrated at this CORP Engie… He was flying a damned Grizzly-M!!! I should’ve taken a screenshot of the fit, seriously. He had both repair HoTs (hull & shield) and both repair modules (hull and shield again). But he had NO HoTs ON! Needless to say, we died in 1 minute. I even told him to turn them on. Which he did. Then he switched them off. His excuse? “They spent energy.”

:facepalm: 

Yesterday I found a guy in a styx who was switching on and off his modules all the time, so playing around him was impossible. When I told him to leave the modules on, he called me Ace because he was healing the team with them.

Same with some random command guy in other game.

We seriously need some kind of tip or advice in the module to teach people that they are on/off modules.

I’m working on it, keep your pants on! I still need to find someone to do the voice-over scripts. I’m sorta casting them, now…

The problem is: Random-Man is too awesome to go to the Forums or watch a Tutorial.

I ask them guys to keep there heals on too. If it was against the rules for playing badly, I would have reported it already! 

I dont understand whats so hard about keeping the modules on!? 

I learned alot from a lot of good engineer players on how to fly them, but this is ridiculous. 

Also, Im totally saving this build, looks like it would work for me. 

Nibelung weak and squishy? wait 'till you play Fed ships fenix47

Nibelung weak and squishy? wait 'till you play Fed ships fenix47

As a federation exclusive pilot, you will come to realise what that means. 

And yes, as squishy I do not mean weak, JP knows it

[…]

I use regen hull on every interceptor.  It’s great on a recon since you’ll be waiting to get back to anything.  For the sensor range, the minimap helps fix that issue.  The 3d map is useless with 10k range.

FTFY

I had a PvE a couple days ago, a DR player so I’m assuming Chinese.  The heals would not be kept on, and even when he needed them he wouldn’t keep them on.  He never turned on the energy emitter even.  If you fit it, you always keep it on!

Yes, you fly everything like it is a darn interceptor. :00444:

Yes, you fly everything like it is a darn interceptor. :00444:

I cant really say if thats a bad thing, actually I am probably the only one that flys my frigates the way I do, I NEVER stop moving…