New Year Haiku Contest (Discussion)

Discussion of the contest

8e0f24591b77f5a82392b1cf8e88.jpg

Our anti-cheat system has detected something.

Let’s play fair, guys.

Our anti-cheat system

Who could that be?

Who could that be?

who knows…

Traditionally, a Haiku focuses on a single sense (sight, sound, and smell are more common than touch or taste) in mine, I played on the sense of sound. a truely epic haiku is really difficult to do in English, because our words use more sylables than traditional japanese. making it more difficult to put together a full description. the translation for one of the more famous Haiku’s: Sakura, would have 32 sylables in english. well more than the 17 it has in japanese.

Traditionally, a Haiku focuses on a single sense (sight, sound, and smell are more common than touch or taste) in mine, I played on the sense of sound. a truely epic haiku is really difficult to do in English, because our words use more sylables than traditional japanese. making it more difficult to put together a full description. the translation for one of the more famous Haiku’s: Sakura, would have 32 sylables in english. well more than the 17 it has in japanese.

Don’t worry. It is more creative and fun contest rather than serious contest of professional haiku poets. :fed001: 

No No No No No!

No No No BAN OMEGA!

No No No No No!

-Rakza

https://youtu.be/lpGVyHyjI_A :005j:

No No No No No!

No No No BAN OMEGA!

No No No No No!

-Rakza

Shouldn’t it be ‘Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho! …’?

Like this:

By the way, I’ve just thought…he asking ban or not to ban Omega? That is the question.

Our anti-cheat system

You mean this?

_ C∮nƒlict am∮ng کtarک, _

_ Miککiles will burn pirate کhipک _

_ T∮ cheer the New Year. _

5-7-5, Jericho fleet theme, as they live in ships and pirates seem to me like natural enemies.

I wanted to make it look more interesting so I replaced two letters with other symbols that look similar.

In case it needs to be stated, _ ∮ = o, ک = s _

Cybers are jericho natural enemies. Change pirate for cybers and you are good to go :slight_smile:

You mean this?

Nah, actually it’s a person.

Can i post more then one? I can’t decide witch is best of those I’ve wrote

Can i post more then one? I can’t decide witch is best of those I’ve wrote

Just one, those are the rules. Think well which haiku is better.

just edited mine, its better now :smiley:

Just one, those are the rules. Think well which haiku is better.

of course!That’s fair. Hard to choose tho

https://youtu.be/lpGVyHyjI_A :005j:

New year haiku contest has ended. Most of the participants successfully coped with the task - to show a strong sense in a short form. Unfortunately, we have to choose only 3 haikus. As always it was extreemly hard to judje. However we’ve chosen winners:

1st place award — 6016 Galactic Standards:

"I see festive mercs

Pass through my crosshairs quickly

Too bad they all died"

ign: dragonboy804

2nd place award — 4516 Galactic Standards:

Praise the Emperor!

Another year of good health,

may my aim stay true.

ign: Hyperion

3rd place award — 3016 Galactic Standards:

QHIpL1j.png

ign: millanbel

Congratulations to winners!

Congrats to the winners :wink:

Hmmm… good choice. These three make sense. Grats guys.