New ship development. Have your say!

Also as a little disclaimer… Seib… monos and xenos can be traded, and come pretty easily for free in the game, either by trading Iridium, completing tasks in events and open space, and of course, Sector Conquest, most of the members in P2W (and other large corporations like AoWAR actually do more selling than buying of materials ^_^ While I fully agree scaled to r17 pvp has flaws, 2 days ago I dominated PvP battles on rank 3 Palom. (fun little guard frigate) while playing 4 back to back victories, I encounted only 1 destroyer, who appeared in 3/4 battles: a rank 8 procyon… I didn’t see any ships in that battle above rank 9, the queue time was pleasantly short, all the ships scaled up and the procyon thankfully was limited to lower rank modules. (he aimed his photon alright, maybe with 30% accuracy on fighters, and 50% on frigs so not the best, but certainly not the worst) his other modules were the rocket launcher and the 2 auto-turrets, which he never pushed into active mode… very much a new player, I think.)

I’m afraid with this, I have debunked everything you said. while it’s true veteran players can play against new players, I rarely see low tier ships in high tier pvp, and then it’s usually something like a sybyll or stingray (damned annoying ships)

So it seems like instead of having ~ 40 ships in each faction list, you would just have roles that upgrade like Ellydium ships?

Eg this Empire Gunship starts as a Hercules body, and reaches Lightbringer body by the end, but you can modify the layout.

Will all current bodies be available or will they reduce it down?

From what I gather you won’t be flying a Hercules with 9 modifier slots, but you might be able to make a Lightbringer with 3 shields slots or something?

It seems like a nice idea for people to be able to build their own ship in a way. As long as it is not arduous like current Ellydium ships are!

I voted NO.

To implement this involves major underlying software design changes.   With any undertaking such as this, you not only introduce new bugs, but you also introduce holes in Logic where exploits can be used.   – Thats my professional opinion from a  Systems Designer and Developer.

Now for the SC Meta opinion –  One of the things I love about the game overall is the concept of the different factions.   Each have their own unique designs, trademark looks, and pros and cons.   I own Ellydium ships and fly them at times but they are my least favorite of the game.   Their ship tree was indeed different when they first appeared and took a bit of getting used to but it is understandable once you play awhile. 

Has the Ellydium Corporation taken over every sector of known space?  No.  And in my mind they never will, since each faction is too entrenched in their own societies ways and teachings after 400 centuries to ever let one rule another. 

As factions, they are willing to interchange some technologies here and there be that it a module or shield or an Ellydium weapon retrofitted onto a silver ship now and then, but as humans, the encroachment of Alien “stuff” has it limits.  As humans the line has to be drawn in the sand somewhere and the division of alien tech and mankinds tech be stated.   Let the Elly guys do what they want in their own internal ship yards, the Jeris do their thing, the Feds theirs and Empire guys theirs.   Draw the line and keep a division between ALIEN and HUMAN.

Continue to develop in their own backyards so that no one faction or corporation has complete control over the known human race.   For all we know the Ellydium guys could be Alien Infiltrators and having that kind of control over our ship building would not be a good thing for humans and this war.   If some future object again comes out of the Elly Labs that can be used on silver ships, thats fine.  we have that option to equip it or not.  But lets not give any one entity that much control of the things we need the most to survive and win – Our Ships.  Since  we need them to survive and live.

I have always felt that the influx of the Alien Tech was a “fishy” thing from the start.   Its why I only fly my Elly ships if I really have to for some reason.  I dont want to become a Cyber.

“GIVE ME METAL OR GIVE ME DEATH.”…

(those slag rocks with engines attached…ummm…no…same goes for their ship building structuring)

On a side note - Instead of putting the Elly ship tree structure in place for all ships, use the process of the Prototype Ships instead.   Where we can pick and choose slots by Build or Retrofit and then equip accordingly.  That would be a worth the rewrite of code and mesh with the existing logic structures and overall software flow of things as is, then introducing a completely new underlying structure of the Elly Nodes into the pre-Elly-Logic portions of the code…  The slots are already there and working in the R15 Prototypes and Destroyer builds across the Faction Lines.  Expand that instead of ripping out whats been working.  

In the Design point of view, the Product Path deviated when the Elly Node Tree was incorporated.   I can understand things from the Developmental Point of View of having to maintain Two Sets of ship trees and having one type across the table would be more efficient and less coding headaches, but if the point of this Poll of asking us is to get opinions AND to simplify coding conditions for future modifications, then use whats already there and build upon it.  You dont rebuild a House to add on an extra bedroom, you just remove a wall or two work within the existing framework and build on the new room onto the existing house…

You Beancounters and the Developer Overloads may like the Ellydium way of things since its something that came about AFTER taking over in those areas of business, but one thing Ive learned over my years of software development is ---- Beancounters and Overlords make god awful Design Decisions.  Thats why god made System Architects and Designers, because not only can we count things, we can make the numbers actually do things besides look good on this side or that side of the Balance Sheets.

Instead of building our ships like Elly ships… find out how the Pirates built that new Destroyer and get that tech from them.  Ive only managed to kill that thing twice from all the times Ive been in dreamland so far.   Now THATS some tech.   Hats off to you Ms Summers.

I feel like it should be an opt-out option, have the ships that you rank up with Elly nodes be separated from the current tree, as it won’t force new players into this system which is quite complex, problem is that you have to adapt it in such a way that performance will be similar to regular ships, I.E not be better, but be different.

But that wont solve the actual issue…maintaining two sets of Logic.    The opt out way keeps both in still.

This has to do with logic and maintenance of if, I can see it already.   THey want a unified one place to go in logic for Ship Trees for when they want to add new ships or future modifications

There are three ways currently… silver fixed,  prototype user selected, and elly nodes.   so for every feature new theres three places bugs get introduced 

A unified Ship Tree should be used… But why the Elly Tree the way?   Because the Decision is being based on beancounter or overlord making already.

My guess is the suckup beancounter to some overlord…“we paid three times the amount of overtime to Developers because they have to maintain three sets of logic, we need to have one ship tree so the workload is reduced.” —

Hello,

Would it be possible to have a test period in dedicated servers? So that players could see how it works and give a good feedback.
Sincerly, Sogh.

I vote no. As one of those newer pilots that got spoken about above, this is a bad idea. Xeno- and Mono-crystals are hard enough to come in large and necessary amounts by BECAUSE of corps like P2W and AoWAR hogging all the Xeno- and Mono-crystal spots during Conquest and encouraging the Pay-To-Win playstyle by selling them at exorbitantly high GS prices. If Xeno- and Mono-crystals were more accessible, I’d be all for the upgrades to basic ships. But they ARE NOT easily accessible.

Avenger121, Pegasus Command

I have some concerns.  Currently, I maintain ships of different ranks to participate in things like Conquest at the different tiers.With this system, wouldn’t this be impossible?  If yu scale your ships to be able to compete at the higher levels, what’s left for the lower tiers?  Will there even be lower tiers?  Or will everything be "Let’s all go gt smashed by the P2W and AOWar people that seem to have more $$$ than Crom himself.  This just seems like it will completely convert this game to “pay to Win”, ESPECIALLY if th upgrades include Monos and Xenos.

I strongly suspect that the real point to this is a way to raise revenue.  If the upgrade costs include Xenos and Monos, it’s  totally  a real-world money suck.  If this goes into effect, AND it include xenos and monos in the upgrade cost, it’ll almost assuredly mean the end of my Star Conflict days.  ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”)

Midnight_Egyas, Pegasus Command

No.

I´am rather going to have 150 Silver ship´s with different build´s ,than 16 ship´s where upgrades gonna cost insane amount of resources and constantly switching Rank and build´s for SecCon etc. Also just from my point of view this is going to need rework in weapons and modules rank system.

A poll? It’s to early to say if it’s good or bad. It wasn’t told enough and at this moment this could be something that would make the game much worse or much better. The animation shows that there won’t be free choice of passive slots. There are 9 predefined slots that can be only unlocked, there’s no free choice between slots so it means that you can only manipulate ship stats with nodes and not with choosing passive slots. Is this what devs want to do? If so, I would be at no.

Give us more detailed info first and THEN make a poll. At this moment I can’t vote because I don’t know what I even vote for currently, there’s not enough info.

Since we’re talking about possible ship rework, how about this as an option then?

1 hour ago, ORCA1911 said:

Since we’re talking about possible ship rework, how about this as an option then?

No.

4 hours ago, Midnight_Egyas said:

I strongly suspect that the real point to this is a way to raise revenue.

This is all there is to it: they just want to make more money, and this “have your say” poll is just an excuse to go ahead and do it.

Look, “YES” is already winning. They WILL do this and then say to the players “Hey, this is what YOU wanted! We asked!”.

4 minutes ago, raulmckool said:

This is all there is to it: they just want to make more money, and this “have your say” poll is just an excuse to go ahead and do it.

Look, “YES” is already winning. They WILL do this and then say to the players “Hey, this is what YOU wanted! We asked!”.

giphy.gif

I voted for this. I think it will add more fun into the game, more individual freedom, more creativity. This is especially useful for a pilot who got bored after 4 years of grinding through the same PVE missions. PS/ Please, post your images and posts in English, not in that Arab language in the picture.

9 hours ago, mlnuss said:

hogging all the Xeno- and Mono-crystal spots during Conquest

Conquest is the worst mode. What’s more, it simply occupies place in the game’s menu, and it’s mainly useless, because it starts only at some special time when everybody works or eats or sleeps. it is also wrong that they get their Monos, and I cannot.

28 minutes ago, inyazserg said:

Conquest…starts only at some special time when everybody works or eats or sleeps. it is also wrong that they get their Monos, and I cannot.

hey, there’s something. [@ORCA1911](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/254263-orca1911/) how about changing the 2 pm and 4 pm EST Conquest times to 6 pm and 8 pm EST. that would give us USA pilots who actually work and/or are in class all day Conquest times that we can actually participate in.

Speaking of Conquest Times.   

Its not that hard in the math of things.

There are 24 hours in a day.

There are 4 Conquest Sorties.

So why cant they be spaced out 6 hours apart?

Six times four equals twenty four.

Doing so would give everyone an equal chance of being present when one or two unlock.

Currently three sorties unlock within a 5 hour timeframe that corresponds with Eastern Europe being home, and ready for battles while the first sortie of the day takes place right smack in the middle of the times when North Americans are either at work, stuck in traffic from work, in the middle of dinner or in the middle of eating it or with their families. or asleep.

Conquest at 10-12 is broken too.    Slot those ranks and youre placed into battles against 13-15s …again why bother with R10-12 Conquests anymore if your gonna end up in R13-15?  

So many things are broken due to all this “what if we do this in Logic” changes   What Ifs are not Design Changes.   They are just someone breaking things that worked…

And what happened to the ACTUAL UNLOCK Times being displayed in my own timezone times on Conquest Maps?   

That feature just went poof in a patch one day no mention of the change.   

Oh wait, let me guess, the entire world is on one time zone…and that zone is now the Overlords Time Zone.

Come one guys, its not that hard of of logic calc on the client side to examine the local registry setting for the zone and do the math from GMT… or from whatever the GMT Setting is from the available Server Location doing the actual reply.   There are more people AROUND the world in different time zones then there are populating the Overloards Office where the code is being messed up at.   Stop writing for yourselves and design and write code for everybody or your Business Model dies due to players vacating your universe for others more stable and features that appeal to them.

Fix the things broken instead of coming up with all these off the wall ideas of all ships to be Node driven.   

Fix the broken stuff before breaking things any further.

Ill bet that if the Overlords actually strapped into a ship and were made known out there in SC Space… theyd find out exactly how much we Pilots feel …

11 hours ago, _Vu_ said:

(…lots of … text)

12 hours ago, mlnuss said:

hey, there’s something. [@ORCA1911](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/254263-orca1911/) how about changing the 2 pm and 4 pm EST Conquest times to 6 pm and 8 pm EST. that would give us USA pilots who actually work and/or are in class all day Conquest times that we can actually participate in.

I think these posts here are really unnecessary. Topic is a little different - if you have any suggestion - put it in the suggestion subforum. Don’t wall-derail the current topic.

Back to topic - yes AND no. Yes - if there will be a total overhaul of tier system. No - if it would be implemented in current situation (like someone mentioned - different ships of the same role can play differently on different seccon tiers.).

I want my silvers intact,my ellydiums complicated and my BOTS FROM PvP REMOVED!