New poll: what controller do you use in Star Conflict?

What controller do you use in Star Conflict?

It is not a problem of confort. With the gimballed turrets, mouse + keyboard is just more competitive.

None of them; I use a graphic tab + keyboard

The sole reason why I tried a joystick was to see if I could steer the ship with it and aim with the mouse. 

It didn’t really work. The camera switched to Expert Mode when enabling the joystick, which I do not want. So I switched back to Basic Mode and … no, the joystick and camera controls need improvement.

Keyboard and mouse.

Why? Because this is a shooter. Why would you hinder your gameplay with a controller that can’t make instant 180º turns? Mind you, I’m a controller fan, as well. I’d much rather be playing any game with a controller (hell, I figured out how to play Warframe with a 360 pad, that’s not easy, at all). So, shooter = keyboard + mouse. The multi dpi functions on mice are incredibly useful in this game.

My graphic tablet wont work outside the hangar. Did you do something special to make yours work?

My graphic tablet wont work outside the hangar. Did you do something special to make yours work?

Nothing at all. It just work like a mouse.

I don’t use a mouse anymore in fact.  :005j:

Nothing at all. It just work like a mouse.

I don’t use a mouse anymore in fact.  :005j:

Well mine doesn’t work in battle.

Do you really?

What happens if you pick the pen up and put it back in the middle?

Do you really?

Each part of the tablet is a part of the screen, so if you put your pen in the middle you will aim at the middle.

It’s like using a joystick playing FPS game on PS3/4 Xbox 360/One, I expect my rating to go down by 500 points if using controller… beside that, I have a ps3 controller hooked up to the computer and using it to play games.

Do you really?

When the pen is just above/touch the table, it’s where I aim.

If the pen touch the tablet, it fire with guns.

If the pen is far from the table, the aim stay where it was.

If the pen come back near the tablet, I aim directly at that point.

It’s much more precise than a mouse for the same execution time (You just mustn’t have a VERY BIG tablet, medium is fine).

Sadly, I can’t use gestures + pen at the same time g but I can use the shortcuts on the tablet.

And of course, you can still use the keyboard.

What controller do you use in Star Conflict?

if weapons were not on turrets, a joystick or two would be feasable. But they are on turrets and that means a “go until I want you to stop” control mechanism will be inferior to a “go to the thing I want to click on” control mechanism. super speed vs teleportation.

although, if you use lasers or play lrf you can also play with a tablet…

super speed vs teleportation.

teleportation is not involved, since the movement is interpolated.

joysticks work well for fine ship control, not very well for targeting.

i wonder though, if a left hand joystick could replace a keyboard.

although, if you use lasers or play lrf you can also play with a tablet…

Another tablet user, Yeah!

Tablet is great for all guns. It’s just more accurate than a mouse.

teleportation is not involved, since the movement is interpolated.

joysticks work well for fine ship control, not very well for targeting.

i wonder though, if a left hand joystick could replace a keyboard.

and teleportation is also interpolated movement because the matter has to still travel from one location to another, its just much quicker because it can transcend the boundaries of normal movement and all the physics involved therein.

and yes a left handed joystick can replace a keyboard, and if I wasn’t so used to keyboard I would have stuck to that when I tried it.

in fact, an arcade stick is more than sufficient as a movement system for most shooty games so long as the stick has low resistance and allows you to maneuver with your ring and pinky fingers, but I digress…

joystick works, its just really awkward if you’re used to keyboard, just be sure to turn the threshold all the way down so the response is instant with as little movement as possible

keyboard/mouse <3

I’m on a keyboar/mouse and DK2, problem is, you have to remember where are the keys are on the keyboard since you can’t see too much with the DK2.

I’m playing with mouse and keyboard right now, but I have an X-52 Pro HOTAS joystick and throttle I want to try. My cousin is borrowing it. I plan to get it back next time I’m over there and see how Star Conflict works on it.

tfw you necro a thread and the OP is banned lel 

OT: mouse and kb all the way.