New Pilot with Questions

Hey all

Downloaded this about 5 days ago, loved it, went for the mercenary pack, Ive been playing when I can and trying to figure things out, which leads me to a few questions I have :slight_smile:

When I started I went for Jericho and followed the command fighter line up to the Machette (S) (which I believe is tier 2 rank 6?) At this point I realised that not progressing through all the ship types was a bit silly, so now I’m working on the frigates and interceptors - it was a bit of a struggle taking the initial base frigates/interceptors into pvp, but I’m getting there. It has dawned on me that I havent flown any of the other 2 races ships - my question really is should I be before progressing any higher in terms of shipe tier/rank with Jericho? What is the matchmaking mechanic if I fly a base federation ship, will I still be plopped into rank 4-7 matches?

Module upgrades - I get the upgrade path for a module I think - with the tier 2 stuff it seems to be creds or green upgrade ‘pack’, then loyalty vouchers, then artifacts or looted purple upgrade ‘pack’ - why should I bother looking to upgrade modules before I get into the ‘end game’ ships? When I move to the next Command Fighter its looking like the modules will be tier 3, rendering all the stuff on my current fighter worthless? - or am I making a wrong assumption here? (I’m currently hoarding all my loyalty vouchers as they build up as I dont want to ‘waste’ them)

The 5% Free Synergy - I’ve just been hoarding this, thinking it might be useful later on? (only 12k at the moment)

During PvP matches, the red text that appears in the chat window “all eyes on xxxxx” etc. How is this generated?

Thats about it for now I think - any assistance appreciated

Hey all

Downloaded this about 5 days ago, loved it, went for the mercenary pack, Ive been playing when I can and trying to figure things out, which leads me to a few questions I have :slight_smile:

When I started I went for Jericho and followed the command fighter line up to the Machette (S) (which I believe is tier 2 rank 6?) At this point I realised that not progressing through all the ship types was a bit silly, so now I’m working on the frigates and interceptors - it was a bit of a struggle taking the initial base frigates/interceptors into pvp, but I’m getting there. It has dawned on me that I havent flown any of the other 2 races ships - my question really is should I be before progressing any higher in terms of shipe tier/rank with Jericho? What is the matchmaking mechanic if I fly a base federation ship, will I still be plopped into rank 4-7 matches?

Module upgrades - I get the upgrade path for a module I think - with the tier 2 stuff it seems to be creds or green upgrade ‘pack’, then loyalty vouchers, then artifacts or looted purple upgrade ‘pack’ - why should I bother looking to upgrade modules before I get into the ‘end game’ ships? When I move to the next Command Fighter its looking like the modules will be tier 3, rendering all the stuff on my current fighter worthless? - or am I making a wrong assumption here? (I’m currently hoarding all my loyalty vouchers as they build up as I dont want to ‘waste’ them)

The 5% Free Synergy - I’ve just been hoarding this, thinking it might be useful later on? (only 12k at the moment)

During PvP matches, the red text that appears in the chat window “all eyes on xxxxx” etc. How is this generated?

Thats about it for now I think - any assistance appreciated

• The MM takes into account your highest ship in the battle slots, so if you want to grind tier 1 ships, just put back in the slots your jericho tier 1 ships, or just the fed ship you want to grind.

-Modules only work for their tier, so if you want to rush to tier 4 and tier 5 there is no point in upgrading standard modules, except if you want to stay at that tier or play it from time to time.

-Free synergy is nice to upgrade tier 3 and tier 4 ships, or if you want to skip the last synergy level to unlock the next ship.

-You have a key for that. Check the keybinds and look for something with a description matching the action. I have it rebinded so I don’t know which key it was.

As an advice from another new player, don’t rush to high end ships. Take your time in tier 2 to chose the path you will like more. Tier 3 is where the core of the games are played, while tier 4 and tier 5 is mostly corporate players and veterans.

Matchmaking is based off the ships in your active roster. If you unequip your T2 ships and equip T1 Fed ships you will be matched in T1 (most of the time).

Upgrade kits apply to specific pieces of kit - ie: a Tier 2 Spy Drone, or a Tier 3 Warp Gate. As such, you should apply upgrade kits whenever the game allows. Remember that you can unequip gear from ships to use on other ships in the same tier!

As an aside, you do NOT want to advance to Tier 3 yet. Tier 3 is where the “real” game begins, and you are advised to clock a couple of hundred T2 games to get the core game mechanics honed before moving up. At the very least, buy all the T2 ships first - that not only gives you good all-round knowledge of every faction, but you can more easily find the playstyle that works for you in T3 when you do move up.

Free Synergy is best used to skip past ships you hate flying to get to ones you enjoy.

The “all eyes on” is done by pressing NUM3 (3 on the number pad). It’ll ping whatever’s in your crosshairs. Learn to use it - it’s valuable in higher tiers.

The “All eyes on,” can be used by tapping “R” twice (the default button to target the enemy in front of you), or you can go to “Key Binds”, scroll down, and bind it to whatever you want.

The key is ‘target under reticule’ I believe. Press it twice.

I also recommend you to stay in T3 until the player base is there to support the higher tiers.

/facepalm on leaving my Machette S in one of the slots while flying tier 1 ships - That one snippet of info helps immensely (although I did like all the medals for killing a ship x ranks higher than you!)

Yup, that’s the reason why you shouldn’t mix tiers in your ship lineup :slight_smile: