New guy

Hey lads.

Well I’ve been playing games like star conflict for a long time and I finaly found what I wanted. Just wanted to drop by and say hello. Could anyone explain me the game in few lines? Also, is it possible to play it on Joystick and is it good?

Thanks, see ya in game lads!

Welcome. No joystick support out of the box and while you can make joysticks/gamepads work with any game using external software, you wouldn’t be competitive.

As to explaining the game: Just play game and you’ll see. There’s a tutorial before you join your first real battle.

Welcome. No joystick support out of the box and while you can make joysticks/gamepads work with any game using external software, you wouldn’t be competitive.

As to explaining the game: Just play game and you’ll see. There’s a tutorial before you join your first real battle.

Haha, thanks lad. I’ve been playing games such as World of Warplanes and Warthunder with my joystick, so my experience is tiny as hell. Altho, I am looking forward to check this game out, I was hoping to use my joystick in here, but looks like I am stuck with keyboard and mouse hehe

Unlike in those games there is no fixed aim point in this one here, you aim with the mouse, that’s why.

Haha, thanks lad. I’ve been playing games such as World of Warplanes and Warthunder with my joystick, so my experience is tiny as hell. Altho, I am looking forward to check this game out, I was hoping to use my joystick in here, but looks like I am stuck with keyboard and mouse hehe

Here you have 6 axis of movement, and your guns are not fixed and can rotate also, so the mouse controls are the best.

To fly a plane in the atmosphere you only need 3 attitude controls, because you can only yaw, pitch and roll. Also, you can control the thrust with your thruster yoke.

But in space, you have 3 attitude controls + 2 strafe directions (like a helicopter, you can slide left and right, and also up and down) and your thruster to go forward and backwards. Yes, you can go backwards, unlinke in a plane.

AND, as I said, your guns can fire out of your flight path. There is even an aim mode in where you fix your ship attitude and you only control your turrets (useful for frigates)

So no, joystick is not supported, and it won’t work.

PS: I also played a lot of world of warplanes, and a bit of warthunder, and I’m a joystick hardcore. I just left Warthunder because of the bad joystick support for that game. And even then, I can tell you I won’t play with joystick here, it is just… not good.

I just left Warthunder because of the bad joystick support for that game.

You and me both :frowning:

You won’t see me flying a plane with a mouse. But 3rd person perspective spaceships are different.