New Gamemode: Commander's Wrath

New Gamemode: Commander’s Wrath

Amount of players: 16, 12, 8, 4

Back ground story: (In progress)

Summary of gamemode: 11 players come in to defend 3 beacons from the “commander” who is randomnly chosen from the 12. 

The commander can choose any ship he desires and his main objective is to capture the beacons within the time limit. 

The other players can work as a team to bring the commander down before the time expires or before the beacons are captured. 

The commander, who is randomly chosen has special attributes and nerfs. 

-All Shields, hull are quadtripled. 

-All shields regen are tripled

-Afterburners are disabled, normal speed cut in half (frigates though only lose 20% normal speed)

-Unlimited SMALL + Medium rockets. Large rockets are disabled. 

-All energy repleshment is doubled. 

-All active modules have the CD cut by half and effectiveness is multipled by 25%

-All commanders have additonal 50 resistances to hull, 20 to sheilds.

-All weapons do double damage and additional 50% range. 

-Commanders as engineer frigates cannot use warpgates. 

-Commanders as recon cannot microwarp.

Note: Commanders have to capture the beacons in order. 

Players have to work together to bring the commander down. Players have specifc game attributes as well for this gamemode:

-All speed increased by 25% 

-Resistance to Thermal increased by 10. 

REWARDS: 

For winning as the commander, you get +30% money and an addtional loot slot. 

For winning as the players agaisnt the commander, you get an additional 30% income. 

This is like playing PVE mode but in normal PVP. This idea came from maple story and the Ice Knight gamemode. 

Let me know what you think. 

I think it’d be fun, but it’d basically be “pulsar, homing rockets, [minefield? can’t remember if this is med or large] or bomb, shield/hull repair, repeat”.  With that much excess energy regen and no afterburner use, you’d have plenty to just spam abilities.

Also, you’d need some way to dynamically adjust based on the number of players active.  Obviously, what would work against a team of 3 enemies would not work against a team of 11.

For the other team, debuffs and such would be key, I think.  With everybody constantly focus-firing on one target, AOE damage boosts will rule the day.  You’d also need some way to keep track of score based on how each player is doing.  Obviously, kills aren’t going to do it, as the Commander probably won’t die more than once or twice.

Does sound fun, though, if they implemented it in such a way to keep it balanced.

Would it be realistic or arcade? Would the commander be able to respawn in other ships?

Note: Commanders have to capture the beacons in order(to win?)

-Unlimited SMALL + Medium rockets. Large rockets are disabled. (What about replenishment costs?)

And as spacedash said, what works for 11 v 1, won’t work for 3 v 1.

Altho it does sound fun, I have my doubt with some things…

what would be funnier is if the game mode ambushed you during Domination 10 seconds after game start. You see all the Reds turning Blue and suddenly one of you is the commander.

All vs 1 would inherently be unbalanced no matter what. This way people know it’s all fun and games at the same time reducing the chances of pilots keeping an OP-build ship just for commander’s wrath.

Would it be realistic or arcade? Would the commander be able to respawn in other ships?

Note: Commanders have to capture the beacons in order(to win?)

-Unlimited SMALL + Medium rockets. Large rockets are disabled. (What about replenishment costs?)

And as spacedash said, what works for 11 v 1, won’t work for 3 v 1.

Altho it does sound fun, I have my doubt with some things…

Arcade for the players, realistic for the commander. Game mode ends when the commander dies. 

Rockets would be free for the commander, and CD for rockets are staying the sane

any half brain dead team will kill a commander any day any time, you can not balance game modes like this in Star Conflict environment. It is going to be too easy to kill a commander or it is impossible to kill a commander, there is no middle ground. Any game mode that would be PvP and require more players on one side vs less players on other side will be unbalanced, period.

and its actually going to be plain boring for both sides of the game mode

hey for +30% money rewards and break up the linear grind why not? I think it’s a lets-fool-around game mode that pops up once in awhile. i know i could use it after 5 straight games

edit:

speaking of which, regulars arent gonna score that many points shooting at 1 tough commander, how would the money reward look like?

hey for +30% money rewards and break up the linear grind why not? I think it’s a lets-fool-around game mode that pops up once in awhile. i know i could use it after 5 straight games

edit:

speaking of which, regulars arent gonna score that many points shooting at 1 tough commander, how would the money reward look like?

Hmm, I think money should be based on how much dmg you actually deal to the commander. Like if I deal 4000K damage I should gain 2000 credits. or something liek that. It will really make people try to kill the commander as fast as possible. 

Also, it can be very balanced if its implemented and tested correctly. I mean think of the satisfaction of killing everyone BY YOURSELF! or the flip side of stopping the commander. 

then support players like me with low dmg weapons would be left wanting :frowning:

Would be a inty spam, nuke spam

Intys would stay behind their blidspot and go with nukes

Ill rather make that…

Hmm…

I think this would not work in any way.

-All Shields, hull are quadtripled.

quadrupled?

Unless quadtripled is the new x12 :stuck_out_tongue:

On a serious note, this sounds like fun. Make the commander a dreadnought and we have a winner. (And an actual use for corporation dreadnoughts :o )

Let the corporation wars begin!

Would be a inty spam, nuke spam Intys would stay behind their blidspot and go with nukes Ill rather make that… Hmm… I think this would not work in any way.

I did say that all LARGE missle slots are disabled for the commander. And even if your attacking the commander with nukes, its gonna take a HELL of a lot of nukes just to bring him down, hence why team play is important. 

quadrupled?

Unless quadtripled is the new x12 :stuck_out_tongue:

On a serious note, this sounds like fun. Make the commander a dreadnought and we have a winner. (And an actual use for corporation dreadnoughts :o )

Let the corporation wars begin!

Bingo! We need a gamemode to alleviate the proper grind and bring in the fun factor! 

It would be a bit overpowered to choose any ship, if this gamemode exist i could probably choose Punishers frigate and kill everyone in my way.

Bingo! We need a gamemode to alleviate the proper grind and bring in the fun factor! 

Count your deaths, excluding suicides!  100 points for a kill, 100 points for a death!

Imagine the fearlessness of teams when you can win by dieing a lot.

…this game mode could be realistic mode only, 1 life per ship?