Nerf The Gravi-Wave!

Anyone who agrees on this module being “balanced” needs to get real quick.

Issue: I just got one shot in a destroyer by this module. In a DESTROYER

Why it’s broken?

• Accelerates you past 700ms limit forcing you to “insta crash”
  • Forces you to move 1500m away from all solid objects or your going to die horribly. 
  • Breaks the gameflow.

It seems 100% true that Ellydium has gotten far more broken as we get closer to the final ship, the developers are just killing the game on purpose because they know the screwed up even though with a list of nerfs it can be “great again”. No pun intended. 

Multiple sides:

• Side A: “You need to move away from collision areas” “Warp away from the ship” 
    •  I’m in a 200 ton war machine, if I have to be FORCED away from everything solid in a game I’m just force closing the game. I cannot believe the developers gave an ENGINEER an ability as broken as this! “Warp away” > Lets just use the only thing that can save me and have him come back in 3 seconds because 60% of the time you will warp near a solid object. 
  • Side B: Don’t nerf it! I’ve spent money on it! @DrDeath
    • So just because you’ve spent money on it you think you can dictate how the game goes? Even though any module in a topic like this clearly is broken?
  • Side C:  It seems broken but hey developers don’t care. 
    • If you push them hard enough they will have to! 

Thoughts? 

How do you suppose to vote if your answer to 1st question is “NO”? all 3 questions are mandatory, but 2d and 3rd question do not have “NO” meaning answer

15 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

How do you suppose to vote if your answer to 1st question is “NO”? all 3 questions are mandatory, but 2d and 3rd question do not have “NO” meaning answer

Updated.

11 minutes ago, IFreakinLoveBass said:

Updated.

Well, this is a bit awkward, but what about the 2d question? I personally have been never KOd by Gravy Wave yet.

20 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Well, this is a bit awkward, but what about the 2d question? I personally have been never KOd by Gravy Wave yet.

Ahh, forgot this one, fixed now for real.

Ok, I don’t even use this module on Waz’got as I found it too “meh”. I wasn’t able to kill anyone with this… Do you have a video of that situation? 

PS. How did you allow an engineer to close less than 1500m on your dessie?

23 minutes ago, niripas said:

Ok, I don’t even use this module on Waz’got as I found it too “meh”. I wasn’t able to kill anyone with this… Do you have a video of that situation? 

Don’t have a video, I uninstalled after it happened and because I crashed trying to take a screenshot. 

He snuck up behind me from a rock and insta ko/ed me. Try it out. Get someone with a Waz’garbage, get like 700m or so  from a rock have them use: insta death. Or any ship for that matter. You need to be about 600m from them flying towards the obstacle. 

You do know destroyers have  a stupid deadzone right? About 250m from your hull your guns start to point up as its a broadside mode, switching using Control doesn’t help. Your guns pass them. Tested with Halo and meson and coilgun… Also, the time I did fire on him he used his pathetic shield green mist shi* to make himself god. 

So they did managed to give a non offensive class a totaly broken damage dealing module/weapon, again

It probably wasnt on purpose, chill guys, just the usual exploit experts on the loose.

51 minutes ago, Foxtrot39 said:

So they did managed to give a non offensive class a totaly broken damage dealing module/weapon, again

Mmm no, what are you talking about?

22 hours ago, niripas said:

I am flying Wazgot a lot, and use the module [Gravi wave 14]  but I have experienced the situation that a ship was ‘1-shooted’ indirectly through gravi wave pushing it against a structure only once. Please take into accout that the module give direct damage to enemies in range, too. From the module’s description:

“Pushes all enemies in 1500m range, dealing 10,815 damage.”

21 hours ago, xKostyan said:

Mmm no, what are you talking about?

The first was the Taikin primary wich is a EM missile spam laucher unaffected by Guards missile shields + the “damage scale with target size” from rockets making it reach 18k VS destroyers with ease for every trigger pull, on a recon, things that (on all other factions) require active module to get such DPS or the tactical nuke

And now that module albeit not supposed to be offensive allowing to cause insta kill by exploiting the speed limit for insta death crashes and dealing decent damage, on an engineer, where no other faction even have a engineer module dealing damage or that can be exploited to deal any (aside if you like suicide ramming with a jump gate wich is unlikely to kill anything but you)

1 hour ago, Foxtrot39 said:

The first was the Taikin primary wich is a EM missile spam laucher unaffected by Guards missile shields + the “damage scale with target size” from rockets making it reach 18k VS destroyers with ease for every trigger pull, on a recon, things that (on all other factions) require active module to get such DPS or the tactical nuke

And now that module albeit not supposed to be offensive allowing to cause insta kill by exploiting the speed limit for insta death crashes and dealing decent damage, on an engineer, where no other faction even have a engineer module dealing damage or that can be exploited to deal any (aside if you like suicide ramming with a jump gate wich is unlikely to kill anything but you)

a) this has nothing to do with a Taikin

b) so just because a frame has an engineering icon it must be played by sitting miles back and once in a while pressing an aura button?

In order to KO anything by hitting that something into an asteroid, you have to pull off one hell of a maneuver and that something must not have a collision compensation of any kind too. 

On 31/08/2017 at 2:37 AM, xKostyan said:

a) this has nothing to do with a Taikin

b) so just because a frame has an engineering icon it must be played by sitting miles back and once in a while pressing an aura button?

In order to KO anything by hitting that something into an asteroid, you have to pull off one hell of a maneuver and that something must not have a collision compensation of any kind too. 

A was an example of something that shouldn’t be given to ECM as main weapon because it doesn’t fit at all its role as recon unit to be able to 2v1 anything and always come on top, it outdamage or at least rivals gunship as the class that has the lowest possible main weapon damage output for crying out loud

B is just a parallel of that situation happenign again “Thing that isn’t even remotely fitting the intended ship role”, that module does as much damage to anything in a 1.5 km radius than a direct jeri torp hit with max weapon upgrade & damage booster active of its rank for an engineer and it can exploit CQC environement to guarantee OS as collision dampener aren’t stoping damage past a certain speed wich cause guarantee death, how many offensive module option does any other engy have?

Aside from the Phoenix none of them do and thats my issue : Ely ship get modules or weapon that have nothing to do with their class, at that rate I won’t be suprised if their destroyer heals ally, destroy inbound missiles, outmaneuver Sirius and outdamage Vigilante while buffing surrounding allies

“Make unique modules fit the role the ship is intended for” If elly gets an offensive module on a non offensive support class then others should have something in that category too then

I am nitpicking for a good reason they breaking for a single faction the entire ship role/identity while the 3 other faction that was there since day one gets jack xxxx as counter

55 minutes ago, Foxtrot39 said:

A was an example of something that shouldn’t be given to ECM as main weapon because it doesn’t fit at all its role as recon unit to be able to 2v1 anything and always come on top, it outdamage or at least rivals gunship as the class that has the lowest possible main weapon damage output for crying out loud

yeah, right, 90% of Taikin pilots think just like this, lololo in the battle all high and mighty, get one shotted (2 if they are fitted right) and come back in a Destroyer while messaging you in pm how you cheat. the only thing that has a high DMG is the secondary firing mode on one of the guns, and only vs slow targets like destroyers and frigates all other guns do not outdps everything else available to interceptors, which is quite different from claims of Taiking being DPS god in general. 

They had crazy dps on release, not anymore. It is not perfectly balanced, which is not possible by definition, it just needs some slight adjustments in some areas, and bottom line it is nothing like people make it be. 

Since 4 years ago, when roles were introduced into the game, there were always possible to cross fit support ships into DD frames, commands, recons, ECms, even some Engineers, no one wants just another engineer, or just another gunships, the whole motto of Ellidium ships is to be different, and they sure are, it’s just people are so conservatives that measure things by stereotypes. 

On 8/30/2017 at 4:09 PM, avarshina said:

I am flying Wazgot a lot, and use the module [Gravi wave 14]  but I have experienced the situation that a ship was ‘1-shooted’ indirectly through gravi wave pushing it against a structure only once. Please take into accout that the module give direct damage to enemies in range, too. From the module’s description:

“Pushes all enemies in 1500m range, dealing 10,815 damage.”

Any of you who doubt this I simply ask you: Find a user with a Waz’Garbage and ask them to use the Gravi-Wave module if they have it when they are close to you in a custom battle. You need to be near a solid object, facing away from it at a 180’  “700/500m away.”  You will insta crash into the object as it accels you faster than the game allows for ships excluding warp gates ergo you “insta crash” 

2 minutes ago, IFreakinLoveBass said:

Any of you who doubt this I simply ask you: Find a user with a Waz’Garbage and ask them to use the Gravi-Wave module if they have it when they are close to you in a custom battle. You need to be near a solid object, facing away from it at a 180’  “700/500m away.”  You will insta crash into the object as it accels you faster than the game allows for ships excluding warp gates ergo you “insta crash” 

Custom battle theory-crafting =/= actual PvP match

Well, ive exploded in OS while having station protection on cause i slightly bumped a wall and game considered i was flying at like…701m/s? (made it by pressing strafe keys and releasing them). Collission compensator or not, you die no matter what (at least that happened back then). Game makes that any ship flying at more than 700m/s will explode upon “grazing” anything…even with station protection on (i guess it cant tell the difference between min and max warp speed: 700,00001m/s is just like 2000m/s xD).

Anyways i remembered a movement mecronmancer pulled once with his ECM: he used stasis upon another ship at the right time when it was facing the anomaly (red big fire ball)…the ship went right through it and instantaneously exploded hahaha amazing xD something you dont achieve everyday for sure.

It’s enough that when ship is hit from this module increase resistance to collision damage.

Gravi Wave is the ultimate bullshit to be honest.

The idea behing it (push enemyes away to gain distance because engi is no fighting ship). But the way it just hits you into the wall and onehits everything ( I am especially talking about 250k damage blows directly to a destroyers hull) does NOT belong in this game Even more so with more or less static ships like destroyers that can literally do nothing against it in some maps.