Need help secret project

This topic is to provide advice and tips for anyone lost ^^

(and I really need a guide)

So, give a guide to your keyboard

What do you need help with?

What do you need help with?

1417378498-screenshot-141130-211409.jpg

Here I chose what? the fastest?

And which of the 3 present Module is the fit?

Ok sorry I can only suggest a build for the Octopus.  I’m not too sure for the Caltrop.

And I don’t understand this question:

And which of the 3 present Module is the fit?

It depends on what you want to do with the ship and the kind of playstyle you have… There is no standard build for the Caltrop.

I used 2 hull, 1 cap, 3 shield, 3 CPU. Decide what you want in that.

Every pilot is different. Making these ships takes for frikkin ever so I understand not wanting to screw it up.

Without suggesting any specific modes I would recommend 1 Engine, 2 everything else. In short it allows for future changes of modules.

I could totally see wanting three reactor spots because Emergency Barrier is nuts good with ECM. If that is the case the leaste needed slot is CPU but a long shot. The only must have CPU slot it proton wall… This ship already has a virtual CPU slot with the spread reduction. Which is the only other CPU slot that matters because you are going to be RFB Adaptive shielding for the win.

I get stuck in ECM a lot. A good suggestion I can make for an adaptive build is regenerative coating. This allows you to run the shield repair module.

Personally, this is what I’d do on the caltrop:

3 Shield  (adaptive, EM, Thermal)

1 Engine (Vernier)

3 Capacitor (Power Unit Conduit, Multiphase Gen, Iridum HS) or (E-barrier, Iridum HS, Cap power Relay)

1 CPU (Proton wall)

1 Hull (Regen Coating)

Dunno how it handles though because I don’t have one, but I have a feeling it would be pretty mean.

If you need help with the materials needed I made a post with the material costs here:

[http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/24333-craftable-ship-calculator/#entry282985](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/24333-craftable-ship-calculator/#entry282985)

Loooool, who uses regen coating?

Me, on all my jericho inties/fighers, so I can bring a shield repair kit instead of hull repair.

Me, on all my jericho inties/fighers, so I can bring a shield repair kit instead of hull repair.

Just put a galvanized armor on to spare your hull the damage in the first place.  Once your shields are down, you’re screwed anyways.  The longer it takes to damage your hull, the more time your shields have to regen.  If your hull is simply regening at a low rate, then you’re not going to see your shields doing very much more after they go down.

But, without an engineer on your team, I can see why you might have it.  But that is the only situation.

On that note, the regen on the hull should be at least twice of what it is now.  It’s not much…it hits like, 50 pts/sec?  That’s nothing.

Just put a galvanized armor on to spare your hull the damage in the first place.  Once your shields are down, you’re screwed anyways.  The longer it takes to damage your hull, the more time your shields have to regen.  If your hull is simply regening at a low rate, then you’re not going to see your shields doing very much more after they go down.

But, without an engineer on your team, I can see why you might have it.  But that is the only situation.

On that note, the regen on the hull should be at least twice of what it is now.  It’s not much…it hits like, 50 pts/sec?  That’s nothing.

Galvanised on an inty :open_mouth: Heresy.

Yeah when I’m with an engi I don’t need it but since engies are so easy to kill, I would rather be totally independent.

Galvanised on an inty :open_mouth: Heresy.

:smiley:

zQEqjVc.png

zQEqjVc.png

Crazy XD

I need to try that

It is fairly slow, so heat-sink can be swapped with Pow conduit, but for the purpose I built it and how I use it, it is fast enough while maintaining map presence via micro-warp, just keep in mind that is not for day-to-day use, but rather specialized build for game-mods/maps.

And your roll is still insane!

Your missile speed matches your main weapon speed fairly closely. You use the targeting reticle for both? Smart.

Forgive me if my numbers aren’t right. Small mobile picture.

Slow missiles have projectile speed similar to EM rockets, 25% slower than kinetic, 1440 m/s  (with missile speed implant) while supernova has 2223, so it is not as acurate adn works much better with kinetics, but it is a good reference nonetheless.

But main point is that it has 500m effect blast radius (not detonation) so around the beacon, it is fairly easy to apply a slow.

Personally, this is what I’d do on the caltrop:

3 Shield  (adaptive, EM, Thermal)

1 Engine (Vernier)

3 Capacitor (Power Unit Conduit, Multiphase Gen, Iridum HS) or (E-barrier, Iridum HS, Cap power Relay)

1 CPU (Proton wall)

1 Hull (Regen Coating)

Dunno how it handles though because I don’t have one, but I have a feeling it would be pretty mean.

If you need help with the materials needed I made a post with the material costs here:

[http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/24333-craftable-ship-calculator/#entry282985](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/24333-craftable-ship-calculator/#entry282985)

Good build. Tough choice between EB and heat sink…

More or less every jerry inty… Not that there exist any in T5 without the caltrop.

zQEqjVc.png

Build is awesome. I am just waiting for ship sales to buy this bad xxxx baby.

So basically this build has a virtual survivability of about 100k. Also a better static damage bonus than most CO.

In all honesty I would be forced to use compensators and not the second galvanized. Mostly because I suck…

Hmm, no proton wall. I just don’t think I’m good enough to go out with only 20% reduction.

Hey man, it works really well on the Jerry Intys from my experience.  Especially ECM.  If you are really low on HP in a dogfight, shield boost and metastable and you will regain a ton of HP when you get out of it (shield and hull).  Galv is awesome on hull tanker ships, but the jerry ships are meant for shield honestly (especially the caltrop).  Hull regen is just a way to keep yourself alive after a close battle so you won’t bump into things and explode.  I use shield boost with the ion/stasis/energy drain, so I need a way to repair my hull.  Its really useful for games where you don’t have an engie either.