Necrostatic Crystals [Module]

Name: Necrostatic Crystals

Type: Special Passive Hull Module for all ships

Ranks: 6+

Tooltip: In open space or PvE, if the player dies they will be revived with 10% hull durability after 120 seconds. In all modes if the player does not use engines for 15 seconds, they regenerate 0.5% of hull every second.

Lore: Recent experiments with mutating crystals found that they could be put in to a sort of stasis, where they could rebuild the critical parts of almost any structure if they are destroyed. The crystals used ambient particulate matter to condense almost any material to the ship. This development was supposed to be kept secret and used only within the Imperial guard and other high-standing figures, but a Jericho spy stole the recipe from the Empire scientists and sold it at a high cost to the black market. For just 20,000,000 credits and enough xenocrystals, any pilot can grow and use this unique modifier to aid them in combat across the universe. This development has since hindered the use of duplicators to restore ships, but they are still widely used to send precious cargo to stations when ships are too far away in space.

Basically follows the “wait or pay” model of games so instead of paying GS for a respawn, you can just wait.

Horrible module design. Good idea, poor execution.

I would actually like a module that would instantly repair any and all Destroyer modules, including engines and the Special module.

1 minute ago, Koromac said:

Horrible module design. Good idea, poor execution.

I would actually like a module that would instantly repair any and all Destroyer modules, including engines and the Special module.

That would also be very nice. Especially on empire destroyers since they have basically no shields and can’t use static any more bc of nerf.

I’m open to critiques if you want to spend a minute to write how you think I could “execute” the idea better.

9 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

That would also be very nice. Especially on empire destroyers since they have basically no shields and can’t use static any more bc of nerf.

I’m open to critiques if you want to spend a minute to write how you think I could “execute” the idea better.

The module you are suggesting above, in your post, probably won’t even be considered, no matter how you twist it around.

But we need a destroyer module, maybe best that it’s used on a CPU slot. If energy is at 90%+, speed of module/s repair is increased by 200% or so.

There are many variations. Maybe you would need to come to a full stop - 0 impulse speed, in order that this module would be brought online.

Maybe such item should be in the missile slot instead, so that you can activate it, once, every 60-90 seconds.

6 minutes ago, Koromac said:

The module you are suggesting above, in your post, probably won’t even be considered, no matter how you twist it around.

But we need a destroyer module, maybe best that it’s used on a CPU slot. If energy is at 90%+, speed of module/s repair is increased by 200% or so.

There are many variations. Maybe you would need to come to a full stop - 0 impulse speed, in order that this module would be brought online.

Maybe such item should be in the missile slot instead, so that you can activate it, once, every 60-90 seconds.

Won’t be considered??? On the contrary. Fox keeps coming up with his weird ideas that devs put on their to do list, ofc, only after they twist them some ways no one could imagine… This scares me. I get nerves every time Fox posts a suggestion…  

1 minute ago, Sinaka said:

Won’t be considered??? On the contrary. Fox keeps coming up with his weird ideas that devs put on their to do list, ofc, only after they twist them some ways no one could imagine… This scares me. I get nerves every time Fox posts a suggestion…  

This is very strange. They do not want to put any of my suggestions and most of them are supported by the community. Something smells fishy here.

1 minute ago, Koromac said:

This is very strange. They do not want to put any of my suggestions and most of them are supported by the community. Something smells fishy here.

Coz your suggestions are too user friendly. That’s all.  ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

27 minutes ago, Koromac said:

There are many variations.

Maybe you would need to come to a full stop - 0 impulse speed, in order that this module would be brought online.

You’ll find that destroyers cannot be truly still, as their current speed is maintained. The indicator can say 0, but it is actually +/-0.x

A missile slot module refresh would be cool but honestly a a little underpowered like the rest of the secondary dessy things.

Tho it would be cool to have an offensive secondary.

CPU/Hull mod that speeds up module regen would be very cool tho. + to that.

7 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

You’ll find that destroyers cannot be truly still, as their current speed is maintained. The indicator can say 0, but it is actually +/-0.x

I am aware of this.

8 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

CPU/Hull mod that speeds up module regen would be very cool tho. + to that.

Then make it happen!