[NB] Unknown space mission incomplete

Describe the bug in a few words/sentences: I had the “go investigate portal” mission but it went wrong.

Why do you think this is a bug: because it kills my mission and makes it highly improbable that I will finish.

How often does this bug occur: not sure. Only had it happen once.

What was your last action/How to reproduce the bug: get the “investigate portal malfunction” mission and when you warp to the unknown sector, die. Then the mission will be at your station, but will say “find your way back through the portal” and will be impossible to finish unless you can somehow get back to alien sector.

Detailed explanation of the bug: if you get a certain mission that sends you to unknown space but you die there, the mission will be incomplete until you get to unknown sector again. I had to cancel this very valuable mission because of this.

Your system specs + Operating system as DX Diag: it is not my computer causing the problem.

not a bug actually.

After you jump to unknown space, the mission says again “Find your way back through portal” - means use the portal in unknown space - then mission done.

you can go unknown space again & can finish it as long as you have the mission is active you have huge chance to jump unknown space via Cobalt Mine, Collapse laboratory or Orange giant . or one more forward jumps towards frontier sectors.

it works 100% for me. so not a bug.

not a bug actually.

you can go unknown space again & can finish it as long as you have the mission is active you have huge chance to jump unknown space via Ice Pits, Collapse laboratory or Orange giant .

it works 100% for me. so not a bug I bet.

Thanks for this info, I don’t know if I should mark this as No Bug.

edited my post. no bug.

I went back to the gates it told me to jump through and I couldn’t get back to the sector. I guess I just got really unlucky.

edited my post. no bug.

Again, thanks for taking the time to confirm this.

Title edited.

It may not be, but it sure does look like one from my end.