[NB]New video card that will not run the game.

I have recently downloaded this game on my computer at work and started to enjoy the game so I thought I would download it on to my computer at home. I finished the download and pressed the start button to play where I left off, but to my dismay… I get a fatal Error screen that states…   Can’t initialize renderer. Current D3D video device is not supported by the game. I looked at the Star Conflict System requirements and did not see my video card listed under the unsupported ones so I wanted to add a new one to the list. I am using a new computer with an Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD.  I am quite disappointed that I can not play at home. My computer at my house is way better than the one at my office. Guess I will just have to play when the boss isnt looking haha!!!

Regards,

Nachoninja

I have recently downloaded this game on my computer at work and started to enjoy the game so I thought I would download it on to my computer at home. I finished the download and pressed the start button to play where I left off, but to my dismay… I get a fatal Error screen that states…   Can’t initialize renderer. Current D3D video device is not supported by the game. I looked at the Star Conflict System requirements and did not see my video card listed under the unsupported ones so I wanted to add a new one to the list. I am using a new computer with an Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD.  I am quite disappointed that I can not play at home. My computer at my house is way better than the one at my office. Guess I will just have to play when the boss isnt looking haha!!!

Regards,

Nachoninja

I am gonna assume you have an integrated videocard and a normal one? Try running it with the normal one since from what you state it appears to try to run from the integrated one.

Well, there’s your problem - your video card wasn’t made by nVidia or AMD! *Canned laughter*

Nah, but seriously: I hope you manage to find a solution that costs you no more money than you’ve already spent, or if not that, then only a little more money.

The Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD is a video chipset for Notebooks and Laptops. It is a video chipset that relies on shared memory and uses the CPU to process its code. Sadly you will not be able to play most 3D games on the Intel graphics chips. You can try upgrading your drivers to the latest Intel drivers and it might make the game playable but it wont be smooth sailing.

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

I have recently downloaded this game on my computer at work and started to enjoy the game so I thought I would download it on to my computer at home. I finished the download and pressed the start button to play where I left off, but to my dismay… I get a fatal Error screen that states…   Can’t initialize renderer. Current D3D video device is not supported by the game.

I am using a new computer with an Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD. 

I am quite disappointed that I can not play at home.

My computer at my house is way better than the one at my office. 

If your home computer is better than the one at work, but you can’t play on your home computer… How the hell do you play at work?  :facepalm: 

Is it possible for you to tell what your CPU, motherboard, and associated drivers are?

That’s not a video card. That’s a video chip, and not a great one at that.  It’s basically for power point slides. Good luck.

Is it possible for you to tell what your CPU, motherboard, and associated drivers are?

Well I have a toshiba satellite A505 intel core I3 M330 @ 2.13 ghz processor. Best buy store bought.

Intel hd graphics drivers 8.15.10.1986 current drivers.

Intel 6,5,4,3,900 chipset version 9.1.1.1020 current version

Toshiba A505 motherboard s69803 1310a2256302

Hope that info helps

I do not believe that the Intel graphics processor is capable of runnning modern graphics. While I am not 100% sure, that is my opinion.

Well I have a toshiba satellite A505 intel core I3 M330 @ 2.13 ghz processor. Best buy store bought.

Intel hd graphics drivers 8.15.10.1986 current drivers.

Intel 6,5,4,3,900 chipset version 9.1.1.1020 current version

Toshiba A505 motherboard s69803 1310a2256302

Hope that info helps

Processor Graphics ‡

Intel® HD Graphics

Graphics Base Frequency

500 MHz

Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency

667 MHz

This GPU has no dedicated RAM, it shares the main ram on your board. Depending on how much you have to begin with, this can lead to a rather big drop in performance vs. similarly specced dedicated GPU’s.

If I have to be honest, that is not the fastest laptop in the world and the graphics chip isn’t really suitable for any sort of serious gaming. It will run some games and in some cases even run them fairly well but I’m not sure Star Conflict will be one of those games. Perhaps with the absolute minimum settings, but I have my doubts it would be a smooth experience.

Perhaps someone playing the game on a dedicated GPU which is a lot older/not very good could shed some light on how the game runs on older machines as a comparison. I have no access to anything older than a GTX 460 right now. I can only say that on a GTX 670 the game runs like lightning.