[NA]Pinging a target doesn't work, or works accidently.

I’ve had a lot of games I’ve tried to ping a target and I had no in game response.  At first, I thought it was my laptop, since I have no light for numpad or caps lock.  I changed it to “~” instead, it’s actually “`” but the game reports it as “~”  It’s annoying when I hit ESC or Tab, each of which is annoying when you’re wanting team help, I might not get the ping response.  It can’t just be a num lock issue.  I’ll have to pay attention more to see if it’s just for one game, or parts of one game.

Sometimes when I’m trying to lock onto a target I’ll see the target pinged and a ping in chat.  It’s normally when I set the target by crosshairs.  I’ve double checked my key bindings, and that isn’t an issue.

Anything further information I can provide.  I can attempt tests if needed.  The laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad z580 with Windows 8.

It may be that you can only ping player targets that’s within your sensor range.

You can ping anyone you can see aside from the enemy captain… including your own teammates now. Just reassign it to another button. I personaly use my middle mouse button as my lock on and double tap it for a ping.

It may be that you can only ping player targets that’s within your sensor range.

This is your answer.

In most cases, if you can’t lock on to a target, you can’t ping it with double-click either.

I’ve had it happen when I was chasing them and I was really close.  Sometimes it’d work fine, other times not.  It’d be really annoying when it’s someone rushing the captain.  I’d just have to hope someone else would notice the ship and ping them also.  Since it just seems like a problem on my end, I’ll try to figure out what’s going on a little more.

I’ve had it happen when I was chasing them and I was really close.  Sometimes it’d work fine, other times not.  It’d be really annoying when it’s someone rushing the captain.  I’d just have to hope someone else would notice the ship and ping them also.  Since it just seems like a problem on my end, I’ll try to figure out what’s going on a little more.

1)If you are the captain, then you can see every ship position, but does not mean that you can ping them. i.e. if there is CovOps coming at you in stealth, then you are the only one who clearly see him, but you still won’t able to ping him(or lock them).(working as intended).

2)Other situation, when similar thing happens is when enemy captain is dead, and you can see position of every enemie, but unless they are in sensor range and in LoS of you or one of your teammates, you still wont be able to ping them(or lock them).

If not one of the above, then it could be some bug, or problem with your keyboard, or you pressing the buttons.

*if you can lock on target, then you should be able to ping him.

*if you can ping target that does not necessary mean, you can lock on him - some enemy module could disable that.(not 100% sure if you can still ping target when locking is disabled)

There was a minor change slipping through the patchnotes. You can not spamm the ping anymore. If you exceed a certain vaule of pings in a certain time, your ping will be muted for a few seconds.

I know that’s not the issue.  I don’t ping a lot, generally “I’m having trouble finishing this guy,” “I’m going to need help on this guy but we can take him,” and “watch out of XXXX coming in.”  I wondering if it is line of sight and range, along with module activation time, i.e. the times you really need to inform your team.  I know when I hit tab and ping someone they can be anywhere, but I only do that when I’m dead.

It still wouldn’t explain why sometimes the log lists me pinging someone when all I did is press R.  That’s rarer.

could be a problem with keyboard settings.

What language setup you are using?

US English.  It doesn’t seem to have any rhyme or reason to it, but sometimes it happens.  What’s annoying is my first thought is “double team,” and then I look at the chat log and see it was me.  It could be happening to others and people just don’t check.

go to Documents\My Games\StarConflict and change the name of your user_bindings.xml. simply add “_” bevore it. The game will generate a new one with default settings. After that please try to reproduce.

Got some infos about it.

While using Lock enemy in Crossheirs you can ping on it by pressing it twice.

I guess that would explain it, combined with a theoretical lack of switch debouncing.

I’ll keep it in mind for when I see it, but I don’t believe I double tap it.  Maybe now I will!