Most Epic Rant and why I quit for good.

tl:dr I haven’t seen for the love of online pvp games any company that is more anti consumer and anti player (ever).

I will say a few constructive things before I utterly hate on the people in charge of balance and game design (for the sake of my long dedication to this game).

Things that aren’t fixed that have bothered me since 3-4 years:

• Getting put into a pvp match only to find that the enemy already has a 50 point capture lead and is capping the next beacon (unfair advantage for people because ?).
  • Dealing with absurdly overpowered ships to the point where the entire PvP combat is unplayable. Please note that this problem is years old.
  • Utter and pointlessly long and hard grind for a decent chunk of the available content.
  • Most autistic match maker that gets worse with each and every “fix”.
  • Lack of PvE content and borderline unfulfilling reward system.

Harsh words eh, some veteran wanna come and explain to me how this game is awesome and debunk my claims ?

IF I wasn’t right why has the playerbase shrunk so badly to the point that ques take 2-3 mins ?

I’ve stuck some time here let me just expand on the most problematic point - balance.

Lets start listing things that broke the game.

1: R10 gargoyle and dart ship INTO rank 9 games (half a year before fix, many tears shed many people alienated)

2: Destroyers - the rank 14 stuff mainly.

3: Who could of guessed - alien ships.

4: Some xxxx zero interaction modules, weapons an things of that sort.

Plenty of posts already go in depth about those just pointing them out.

What I mean by broke ? Alien ships deciding the tide of the battle alone to the point of psychological and physical exhaustion of people that face them. Game after Game after Game.

No contest, no counterplay, no hope.

What I want to do is to point the utter incompetence of a few certain people that spit on the work and hard efforts of the dev team.

You had the chance to make this game shine brighter than a 1000 suns and pioneer the genre of space based action shooters. What you did instead was:

Get real greedy.

I cant help but feel so bad for the people that made the ship and environment models, maps, art, mechanics, game engine and stuff. In a PvP oriented game if you consistently make

multiple bad decision in a row you will have a disaster. There are so many sober thinking people in this industry and if you continue with this nonsense no one is obliged to put up with it forever.

Why is everyone aggressive or passive-aggressive when it comes to some form of feedback? There are so many ways to achieve something but going full out temper parent style… needless to say nobody is going to hear you out.

If you want to do a full on quality rant, name every problem (that you can remember) so far but also name the ways it got solved (or didn’t) and provide us with a better idea/alternative. Anyone can point a finger and say i don’t like this, be creative and provide a possible long term solution.

3 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Why is everyone aggressive or passive-aggressive when it comes to some form of feedback? There are so many ways to achieve something but going full out temper parent style… needless to say nobody is going to hear you out.

If you want to do a full on quality rant, name every problem (that you can remember) so far but also name the ways it got solved (or didn’t) and provide us with a better idea/alternative. Anyone can point a finger and say i don’t like this, be creative and provide a possible long term solution.

Been there done that. A baboon could see that ellydium ships are still OP. Tai’kin is still unkillable. Thar’ga still has ridiculously high damage output even for a gunship, and tha waz’got, well, I’m still figuring it out, but it has a module that pushed me into a xxxx rock and killed me with 10k collision damage, so that’s just broken, and don’t you xxxx dare tell me to put a collision compensator on my frigate to counter an engineer-class ship…

Gravi xxxx from destroyer is still very very annoying, and they made it even harder to see, for some stupid reason.

Suggestions are easy: nerf the OP xxxx, modify the annoying xxxx like pulling and pushing modules, remove destroyers from the game since they have no place in a fast-paced space shooter (they are just easy-aim gun platforms, especially the vigilant), stop making all new content OP at launch in order to sell more of it, encourage squad play in pvp since there is no teamwork anymore (since almost two years now when WPK and so many other corps left the game).

http://steamcharts.com/app/212070#7d Speaks for itsself.

There is reason to be aggressive in feedback, when we have tried the non-aggressive route for the past two years and got no-where.

There is reason to be agressive when this is the official response to an obviously OP module and someone suggesting it has to be changed: 

“Working as intended, case closed” 

It’s xxxx ridiculous

Why is everyone aggressive or passive-aggressive when it comes to some form of feedback

First of, why do you assume everyone is, if it comes to feedback? In a way you answer it yourself, because feedback that is not written in some aggressive form gets mainly overlooked.

This isn’t new, btw. and your predecessors seemed also not to understand why it was like so. Funnily, most of the white knights explode the brightest, must be all that toroconium going critical.

for a long time, I also tried to be constructive and back up everything with suggestions. I learned that I am probably not narcisistic enough and have not enough honey around my mouth to get listened to, and invited to personal chats, and whatnot, and solid steady critics are ignored, because that way, i do not pose a threat.

second, i can not say, this is overly aggressive, nor passive aggressive, to be honest, even if he himself describes it like it. Angry, maybe. Disappointed, definitely. Exaggerated - a bit.

Anyone can point a finger and say i don’t like this, be creative and provide a possible long term solution.

Long term solutions to many of his listed problems, especially those which he listed in detail (some are a bit abstract) have been iterated over and over.

Some are also pretty simple to solve.

Maybe, just a tactical constructive criticism, learn a bit from the cat. At least he waits it out a bit, until he can put in his poo poo into the thread, instead of being the first one to answer.

needless to say nobody is going to hear you out.

oh we hear him out. the fact nobody is replying anymore is just because we are tired of constantly being parent styled by those who actually should moderate and listen, not give their 5 cents.

3 hours ago, mutsami said:

Harsh words eh, some veteran wanna come and explain to me how this game is awesome and debunk my claims ?

i feel somewhat offended by this, as you expect all veterans to immediately stand up and counter you defending the game.

Just kidding.

Take a break, play it for fun, whatever works for u.

oh, hi millanbel, long time no see ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

14 minutes ago, millanbel said:

Speaks for itsself.

oh no, you didn’t… poking the hornets nest…

at least now you invited them all, how can you bring up these unimportant charts from evil steam, which nobody uses!

Just now, g4borg said:

oh, hi millanbel, long time no see ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

heh, fancy meeting you here!

Yeah after playing yesterday, I felt I should come by the forums and see what’s going on, and maybe express some annoyance at nothing having changed in the 4-5 months I’ve been away  ![:004j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004j.png “:004j:”)

It’s still all the same.

Still enjoy getting blown up by one-shot weapon!

10 hours ago, millanbel said:

Kudos for millanbel, the man somewhat listened to what i said, if you want we can go over all that in detail over pm, this topic is bound to derail anyway.

10 hours ago, g4borg said:

My comment is exactly what i wrote, not intended for passive-aggressive sarcasm or the rest of the things you mentioned. Same invite goes for you as for millanbel. IF you want to participate.

6 hours ago, Koromac said:

Well thats a category 5 bug if i ever seen one lol

23 hours ago, mutsami said:

Why would we?

*copypase*

Was fun. Isn’t anymore.

Atm you can expect extremelylong queue, P2W content*, unfinished content released to live servers, patch notes without half of major changes and no patch discussion [after releasing $$-grab content](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/33379-star-conflict-143-evolution-factor/).
*you could call it pay to progress faster - only 50$ for ~40h of content farming thanks to random box loot and item limitation (stuff will just get destroyed) and that’s just single ship.

started playing again, last time i stopped playing was when the tharga was released and made even mediocre players a chore to deal with from all the extra survival tools it was given, to the point where I couldn’t even count on my teammates managing to survive long enough for me to do all the work if they didn’t have one.

So I come back and I notice all the people I like have quit and the people that remain are the same old faces saying the same old things, except now it takes me 10 minutes to find a game during what I used to be able to call prime time. This is a first.

So when is the shut down announcement coming? I only say this because I’m sure the only people who matter at targem, the bean counters, have probably noticed by now that crossout is their big thing and comparatively speaking, it makes sense to begin winding down a less profitable product and putting those resources onto a bigger seller.

Star Conflict still gets more content and "fixes’ updates than a cross out. Games that about to close do not get any updates.

On 6/9/2017 at 1:55 PM, g4borg said:

This isn’t new, btw. and your predecessors seemed also not to understand why it was like so. Funnily, most of the white knights explode the brightest, must be all that toroconium going critical.

Ive been called white knight so ill laugh a bit with it: im quite disappointed with the game, not really playing it, showed my perspective in public and private contexts…but havent done that kind of “explotion” xD And you are cool g4borg ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Honestly mutsami, if you wanna quit just do it…maybe the game course will change if more players stop playing. This game has great things, but there are tons more out there…its not like you are married with it, well maybe Dr_Death is closer to that…sad he didnt sign the separation of property hahaha