Morning news from the special UMC service

Morning-news_2.gif

(On screen: A banner with the Golden Eagle of the Empire flutters to a solemn march. The frame smoothly fades and a majestic image of the “Guardian-17” station appears)

Good morning, Empire! We are the special UMC service, this is the tribune of the Security Service of the Empire Olaf Larsen, please welcome our morning roundup. In today’s edition: 

• Fighting continues with pirate groups near the Dreamland
  • The Northern Mining and Destroyed Stations are now available to pilots in Leagues
  • New brawl schedule — refreshed three times a week

First things first.

(In frame: wreckages of spaceships. The cameraman intentionally avoids showing the insignia, although sometimes the viewer can still make out imperial chevrons on randomly drifting parts of spaceships)

Fierce battles for the peace in the Artuga system continue. Despite the enemy’s superiority, Imperial forces are fighting for each astronomical unit in the system. And despite the help of the mercenaries who responded to the call of the Empire, our influence on the Dreamland planet is falling.

man_460_250.jpg(Caption: Eric Holst, Centurion of the imperial space fleet): “Of course, there are losses among the mercenary forces. The influence of the Empire in this sector is now below 40%. 

(Eric Holst points a finger directly at the camera, starts speaking louder) 

Mercenaries! for the glory of the Empire or for good pay — it doesn’t matter — you can still take part in a special operation near the Dreamland! We are regrouping now, but the victory of the Empire is inevitable”

Thank you, Centurion Holst and good luck at the forefront. Moving on to other news.

(News of the Empire beat. The imperial march gets louder. On-screen: imperial interceptors Tempest slowly flying into the portal)

The Northern Mining and Destroyed Stations are now available to pilots in Leagues. In the new locations, battles are fought by the rules of the League. Only the strongest teams and the best pilots will be able to control the tunnels and get valuable resources!

(Beat. The camera shows a close-up of the presenter, the imperial march is getting louder. A banner with the golden eagle appears behind the tribune Olaf Larsen)

Attention, subjects of the Empire! Important information about brawls. The Emperor heard your requests and made changes to the schedule of weekly battles. 

By the Emperor’s order 17 L, special modes now change on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. WE REPEAT: brawls are updated three times a week. Thus, the brawls “Beacon capture”, “Survival”, “Combat recon” and “Spaceball” will be available in order.

You can start the brawl with a special button in the ”Battle” interface.

You have been watching Morning News, my name is Olaf Larsen. You can send interesting news about the life of your station to the editorial office of News of the Empire. Address of the mail drone of the special UMC service is the same: position 11/170/-298.

Empire above all.

And despite the help of the mercenaries who responded to the call of the Empire, our influence on the Dreamland planet is falling

But what exactly means influence? Amount of missions done? Destroyed enemies?

Anyway. Missions seems to do nothing for player, it seems that beacons don’t give anything after an update that happened week ago. Enemies in the system are just annoying(not difficult but annoying). Loot is shared between players so it’s not worth farming. It’s not surprising that “influence is falling”. I wish there were more reasons to go there.

I liked that idea with beacon being these and giving a reward, respawnable map-specific tasks for everyone that exist on the map seemed like a fun idea.

Beacon captures give you about 500k credits and the loot is often very high credit loot. Enemies are kinda tough when they mob you and can see across the map, but they’re killable when you destroy the trawlers. Only enemy I haven’t been able to kill yet is the experimental destroyer. I want it though. It’s such an ideal ship.

It would also be cool to be able to drop your materials off at the mini station to help it grow and add defenses etc.

On 9/19/2019 at 7:01 PM, TheDarkRedFox said:

Beacon captures give you about 500k credits and the loot is often very high credit loot. Enemies are kinda tough when they mob you and can see across the map, but they’re killable when you destroy the trawlers. Only enemy I haven’t been able to kill yet is the experimental destroyer. I want it though. It’s such an ideal ship.

It would also be cool to be able to drop your materials off at the mini station to help it grow and add defenses etc.

I checked and that’s true, beacon gives credits again, the had to add this back in the update yesterday, for the entire last week beacon was giving nothing. Also it seems that missions also started giving rewards and also there’s new mission to destroy 15 ships. About the loot, I always get materials as a loot, never got credits from a container.

They could at least write this in changelogs.

Enemies aren’t tough in my opinion, only trawlers are tough. Also, engineers shouldn’t have that big protective sphere because that makes them almost indestructible when two of them are close to each other.

Btw. Guard with Proximity Mortar can handle almost everything(almost because engineers run faster than Jeri Guard can fly), experimental destroyers have low hp compared to trawlers, at least they deleted the mission for destroying two of them, they never counted for it…

EDIT:

I see they also added new type of ship called “Experimental destroyer” and these are actual destroyers, not “Experimental” enclave destroyer custodians. They have tempest launcher dealing ~30k damage per rocket and are indestructible, their HP never fall down you can only take down shields. They can be seen on radar regardless of distance.