More uses for Iridium

Currently I have over 2k Iridium and there is almost nothing I can do with it. Majority of my mods are purple ranked and my Corp Iridium supply is practically always full.

I suggest that Iridium had more uses and possibly contribute to some workshop recipes.

Few ideas:

1. Exchange for credits (Small amounts but better than nothing)

2. Purchase various ship parts/resources

3. Purchase/exchange free synergy

4. Purchase Alien ships (looking towards the future)

5. Purchase special missle slot items and/or ammunition.

6. Purchase special supply bundles.

There are plenty of things that it can be used for than what we currently are limited to. I don’t see a point of paying GS to salvage more from a purple kit when it eventually just piles up. Or even pay credits to keep the kit, I need to use Iridium on something right?

Curious what other people think about how Iridium should be used.

You say that already at 2k, I have 45k and there are others with even more, aside from Corp business and Mk4ing it is totally useless, our Dread is fully maxed and I have all my stuff Mk4/5, It’s a useless resource at that point.

Anyways, I agree

+1

+++++ for this.

With credits, you can ‘buy’ resources due buying modules, upgrading it to mk2, and then salvaging them.

But with iridium? No really use or the use is locked behind other things.

So more iridium exchanges are welcome!

I can build another personel drednaught and make it a flying brothel/disco kinda thing in the pink colour with my current iridium

+1 yay

Maybe Iridium could function as a sub-GS kind of thing where they work as similar payment but at 2:1/3:1 the rate or something like that. Since playing the game (and even paying) is the only way to get Iridium I don’t see why this would be a problem. It would reward those that play. Xp

+1 except for the purchasing of alien ship. There is a guy for that already ^

There used to be a Monocrystal blueprint that existed in the early Workshop a LONG time ago, which allowed for the manufacture of Monos from Iridium.

That should come back.

There used to be a Monocrystal blueprint that existed in the early Workshop a LONG time ago, which allowed for the manufacture of Monos from Iridium.

That should come back.

U must be the HEAD commander of REAL NASA. this is a brilliant idea

If they added a decent credit cost to manufacture each monocrystal I can see this benefitting their GS and license sales. It would also allow players who have spent the time and effort to reliably obtain monocrystals. This might even make players spend GS to salvage kits or even use GS exchange(lol). If you are desperate enough then you will do it. I think it’s a win-win situation in that regard.

At this point I would be happy with any additional things that can be done with Iridium. Seems everyone else agrees in one form or another.

P.S. I didn’t realize there is a suggestion forum for the same topic. It’s technically a discussion about a suggestion so not sure if it needs to be moved.

U must be the HEAD commander of REAL NASA. this is a brilliant idea

It IS a brilliant idea! But it’s not mine :smiley:

It IS a brilliant idea! But it’s not mine :smiley:

*whispering* shhh they dont know this yet!