Modules of the engineer spending all the Energy

The problems are (mass shield generator) consumption 189 (Cloud of nanodrones) consumption 166. These two modules consume all the energy as you can see in the image, has years that this bug exists, was reporting it? !!

594ac012b320f_20170621052619_1(2).jpg.61a14ca050c25ace6eff65d16738b9d0.jpg

This is no bug it is a feature.

Just read through the description of the modules, the more energy you have, the more gets consumed and the more healing gets done, the 189/166 is the activation energy.

Yeah those values are its minimal consumption, but if you read closer you will notice that it says it spends all your energy and gives additional healing depending on the amount of energy spent.

Hmm thanks for the answer

It is worth considering using the energy emitter. You can boost it straight after activating your repair modules in order to get your cap back up to a reasonable level where your recharge is higher (recharge rate is highest when the capacitor is around 50% full).

Is there a way to calculate how much excess energy=healing, all i know is it’s like 3 energy pts=1 heal pts cca.

1 hour ago, ORCA1911 said:

Is there a way to calculate how much excess energy=healing, all i know is it’s like 3 energy pts=1 heal pts cca.

Yeah the tooltips are very lacking on that part. I usually just tried to get about 75% cap before activating heals, but it would be nice to know exactly. If I ever start playing the game again (if alien ships get balanced), I might conduct an experiment.

I was also wondering if there was anyway to calculate energy regen as a function of how full the capacitor is.

That’s why the energy aura is essential for epic heals.

5 minutes ago, millanbel said:

I was also wondering if there was anyway to calculate energy regen as a function of how full the capacitor is.

WpqjRUv.jpg

This equation is an approximation!
y = 0.8109266 + 0.008975612*x + 0.0000100743*x^2 - 0.000005128934*x^3 + 5.543415e-8*x^4 - 1.762821e-10*x^5

Now we only need a cap/heal graph lol

Hmm, so maximum regen at about 33%. Interesting! So to get the actual regen value I multiply the coefficient by the base cap regen mentioned in ship stats?

How did you get the values for this graph? From the game logs or from a dev post? Then polynomial interpolation? Beastly equation, anyhow ^^

Getting the equation ot of the graph was pretty easy since this exists

https://mycurvefit.com

3 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Getting the equation ot of the graph was pretty easy since this exists

https://mycurvefit.com

How did you get the graph though?

2 hours ago, millanbel said:

How did you get the graph though?

Devs q&a.

gotcha