MM

i came to this game with 8 people from war robots, they have all quit due to no ai battles in higher tiers,and matchmaking in pvp . i had 20 people on my friend list the first week in game, yesterday i took off every 1 not logged in for over a month, i have 4 people on my friendlist now .   i say something in game chat i get banned … i am a paying customer and want everyone to know how Ganjin treats paying customers.  i have submitted several trickets only to be directed here to forums/ where for 5 years people have complained about the same issue/ 

i began looking for similar games to star conflict yesterday , and found on all of the gaming webpages, they have unanimously dissed this game for the MM specifically worst on the net they say //// so it is sorely aparent the developers know what is going on and the only effort to fix it is to silence paying customers complaining about it . i highlt suggest not giving this company one red penny, i will never again 

T5 co-op has been discussed multiple times so far. Not everyone likes the same game and leaving is natural. You wrote an insult and not “something” and got muted not to mention how many times you repeated the “something” day after day. If you buy something, you’re not above the rules and i’m still waiting for those promised links.

The game is in a phase of transition, it is renewing itself.

And please understand, every game has rules, especially if it’s PEGI12 and has a in-game chat, so SC has, too. Abiding by them is in the interest of the common good of the majority of players.

If you got banned for chat comments, I must guess your verbal behavior in chat probably was a problem.

This has nothing to do with paying customer issues.

About matchmaker: it is complex software that has its limits, thats all.  I get by with it.

13 minutes ago, avarshina said:

About matchmaker: it is complex software that has its limits, thats all.  I get by with it.

now that is a bit of an optimistic approach

i mean i know a lot of matchmaking games, and SC is clearly not a winner in that department

and i even think the reason might be actually because its a bit too complicated for what it should do.

on the other hand, bad matches happen everywhere, i’d rather have squad play back, especially given that even with squad limitations, games are usually one sided

still, you are right, this is no excuse for bad language, and dealing with buyers remorse by being toxic.

spent money, but dont like it? dont spend more.

i got lot of friends who spent tons of money on this game but havent logged in for years. so what. they dont cry either.

14 hours ago, AngryCatfish said:

war robots

the graphic is very poor

just like the year 97…

if u insult the others

i think a first time ban should be 3 day

then 1 week

then 2 week

then 3 week

then 1 month

then 2 month

then 3 month

then half a yr

then a yr

then a yr

no matter u pay or not

8 hours ago, AngryCatfish said:

i came to this game with 8 people from war robots, they have all quit due to no ai battles in higher tiers,and matchmaking in pvp . 

Yes! I honestly believe Star Conflict could be among top played games worldwide… but it isn’t. Many love this game but bringing friends fails because of broken squad matchmake. We know it. Devs know it very well. Squad play was discussed million times here but no use… they can’t balance it.

2 minutes ago, gheni4 said:

broken squad matchmake

i havent tried it

how?

low lv player play with high lv player just like crossout?

1 hour ago, ORCA1911 said:

T5 co-op has been discussed multiple times so far. Not everyone likes the same game and leaving is natural. You wrote an insult and not “something” and got muted not to mention how many times you repeated the “something” day after day. If you buy something, you’re not above the rules and i’m still waiting for those promised links.

maintain a peaceful world is good but the rule is too hard… as hard as Russia…

The only people that complain about rules are…well, we all know that one.

Russia is not hard it is just not going pansy waste soft like a lot of the world is in our day.

Speak with reason and make logical arguments and the players do get things changed around here. It has happened many times already. The MM is super hard to manage here because the game is so dynamic. The die hard players have learned how to squeeze every bit of potential into their builds and thus…are labeled OP by people who don’t take the time to learn the game. It is hard for the MM to judge how good or bad a player and his builds are. Even if an algorithm was made to balance all ships at the build level (still leaves out pilot skill) , can you imagine the wait times? The MM comes and goes right now is feels like it’s a bit out there. Not the first time. Adapt get better. This is chess people, not checkers…only sometimes the queen is off the board at the beginning of the match. ![:002j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002j.png “:002j:”)

1 hour ago, Seraphym1 said:

Russia is not hard it is just not going pansy waste soft like a lot of the world is in our day.

Speak with reason and make logical arguments and the players do get things changed around here. It has happened many times already. The MM is super hard to manage here because the game is so dynamic. The die hard players have learned how to squeeze every bit of potential into their builds and thus…are labeled OP by people who don’t take the time to learn the game. It is hard for the MM to judge how good or bad a player and his builds are. Even if an algorithm was made to balance all ships at the build level (still leaves out pilot skill) , can you imagine the wait times? The MM comes and goes right now is feels like it’s a bit out there. Not the first time. Adapt get better. This is chess people, not checkers…only sometimes the queen is off the board at the beginning of the match. ![:002j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002j.png “:002j:”)

Good MM woul be when same amount of skilled players are on both side.

We are far from it.

I don’t know how MM is made but I did’t have tie game for ages now.

Even close game would be success.

But currently we have one sided games where one team smash other one.

Matching players by stats is one thing, but skill is not something you can see on someone’s account, even if stats are perfectly balanced some are more skilled than others and that’s what can make the whole difference.

2 hours ago, Seraphym1 said:

i am not support insult but the rule is too hard…

also if u anti putin in russia then u will either disapper or killed

no freedom and democracy in russia, that’s not hard?

the wage is around 50 euro… isnt that hard?

also the situcation is much harder after the US/EU and Rus ban trade of each other

although EU still buy gas and American/ European still go to Rus

Even if an algorithm was made to balance all ships at the build level (still leaves out pilot skill) , can you imagine the wait times

depend on the speed and ram of the server

9 hours ago, g4borg said:

now that is a bit of an optimistic approach

i mean i know a lot of matchmaking games, and SC is clearly not a winner in that department

and i even think the reason might be actually because its a bit too complicated for what it should do.

Yes its optimistic, or, its the: do not expect too much and you will not get dissappointed too much and try to understand limits - approach.

The second part of your answer is what makes it interesting. Why would the developers not try to get on paar with other good match makers (MM), given that the game SC actually isn’t that bad and compete with other games.

I think your right pointing in the direction of the complicated things of Star Conflict’s MM. I also think that goes for the game as a whole. It is complicated and complex and is hard to balance out of this - I mean all the different ship models, different stats and weapons stats through all ships/ranks/weapons/modules/fractions…

It must be hard to code a good MM under these conditions - so maybe less would be more.

There was this interesting video lecture that I saw some time ago, about complexity and its costs and diminishing return an investments: basically its this, that complexity grows to solve problems, and complexity makes thing easier to manage, but comes at a cost (money, developers, coding-hours etc…)  Joseph Tainter: The Collapse Of Complex Societies and here’s a new good conceise 2018 one: Lynette Zang interviews Dr. Joseph Tainter, author of The Collapse of Complex Societies

[@g4borg](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/239042-g4borg/) if you could speak about, what makes MMs good in general or in other games, would be very appreaciated and helpful for the discussion.

5 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Matching players by stats is one thing, but skill is not something you can see on someone’s account, even if stats are perfectly balanced some are more skilled than others and that’s what can make the whole difference.

It is not only skill, its a combination : ping, fps, time of day (lesser or more competitive players as comrades or enemies), map, ship build, experience, ship type, weapon choosed (EM, thermal, kinetic) etc…

12 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

i was trolled by people posing as players, then wispered tpo by the same , told i was going to be  chat banned if i didnt stop talking… as if it is a crime to ask for the game to be fixed. troll

11 hours ago, avarshina said:

The game is in a phase of transition, it is renewing itself.

And please understand, every game has rules, especially if it’s PEGI12 and has a in-game chat, so SC has, too. Abiding by them is in the interest of the common good of the majority of players.

If you got banned for chat comments, I must guess your verbal behavior in chat probably was a problem.

This has nothing to do with paying customer issues.

i got banned because i was complaining and the hired goons attacked me 

50 minutes ago, AngryCatfish said:

i was trolled by people posing as players, then wispered tpo by the same , told i was going to be  chat banned if i didnt stop talking… as if it is a crime to ask for the game to be fixed. troll

Heck I’m normally just lurking here, but I have to speak up.

I was there. First one of GMs asked you specifically what is wrong with MM, cause you were flooding the chat saying nothing.  I think Niri called you out when you said that this game won “the worst MM of the year Steam Award” and you insisted that he is a kid and cannot even google it. So Orca asked you for a link. Then you started to attack devs.  Other players asked you to calm down and stop this trash talk. And then you told GM to suck dik, cause even when someone will mute you, you will create another account and they can do nothing. Niri warned you that this is a violation of 10.2 rule. Then you got muted, you created another account saying that you can always create another one. Apparently that one was muted again as you created another one saying something about oedipus complex oriented people that messed with a wrong guy using words generally described as very offensive.  

Hell your behaviour was basically of a rabid dog. You should be banned for this, as you basically ruined other people experience. I just went to sleep after that. I’m playing this game for fun, not to read some bs from people with anger management issues. 

49 minutes ago, AngryCatfish said:

i got banned 

Way to go, whoever did this!

1 hour ago, LameKing said:

odgOeGd_700wa_0.gif

First fair comment ever… Ima print it and hang it on mah wall.