MM restrictions

Anyone knows what are current MM restrictions ?

Good to know, and even better some body asked it!

Only want to add:  does anybody know what are the actual special mechanics of the MM (mathMaker)?

Basically if you have a fun ship that you like, and it is below R13  you are permanently unable to use it unless you want to give up all hope of making progress in the game.

And you can no longer take it with you in to high rank games like before, so there is absolutely no way to use it.

But in all reality it works like a split-tiered queue. There are three queues, but the ranks to get in to any of them overlap by one or two ranks to make it faster but less balanced. Rank 1-4 is PvAI only. Rank 5-8 has a possibility of being VS rank 5-8 or 7-10. Rank 9-12 is basically always going to get you in to an R15 match because anything over that is considered the final tier for the game.

I have no idea why they made it this way but that’s the way it is. Just example numbers from me. All I know is I’ve fought in too many R15 battles with an R8 ship.

Oh and if you see someone in your battle that you want to queue with, you’d better make sure they have your exact ships equipped or else MM will block you from entering queue. EVEN THOUGH YOU WERE JUST IN THE SAME MATCH.

Tl;dr: Rank 3-7 is one queue, and rank 8-15 is another. Equipping a rank 10+ ship will always guarantee an R15 battle.

Whatever the current MM is, it’s gonna be changed soon so hold on a bit longer.

2 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

It won’t matter anyway. Corporations are dying in the meantime, and barely anyone that still played, stayed. You can’t build on a broken foundation!

3 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Hopefully! I think big things will go on with the open space rework - it will become like a new Ocean for Orcinus orca ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

1 hour ago, Koromac said:

It won’t matter anyway. Corporations are dying in the meantime, and barely anyone that still played, stayed. You can’t build on a broken foundation!

With all the controll of F2P by trade and new grind-‘meta’ - I would say they even will get squad play back?!

7 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Basically if you have a fun ship that you like, and it is below R13  you are permanently unable to use it unless you want to give up all hope of making progress in the game.

And you can no longer take it with you in to high rank games like before, so there is absolutely no way to use it.

But in all reality it works like a split-tiered queue. There are three queues, but the ranks to get in to any of them overlap by one or two ranks to make it faster but less balanced. Rank 1-4 is PvAI only. Rank 5-8 has a possibility of being VS rank 5-8 or 7-10. Rank 9-12 is basically always going to get you in to an R15 match because anything over that is considered the final tier for the game.

I have no idea why they made it this way but that’s the way it is. Just example numbers from me. All I know is I’ve fought in too many R15 battles with an R8 ship.

Oh and if you see someone in your battle that you want to queue with, you’d better make sure they have your exact ships equipped or else MM will block you from entering queue. EVEN THOUGH YOU WERE JUST IN THE SAME MATCH.

Tl;dr: Rank 3-7 is one queue, and rank 8-15 is another. Equipping a rank 10+ ship will always guarantee an R15 battle.

so that’s why I cant play R8 dessie ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”)

4 minutes ago, avarshina said:

Hopefully! I think big things will go on with the open space rework - it will become like a new Ocean for Orcinus orca ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

With all the controll of F2P by trade and new grind-‘meta’ - I would say they even will get squad play back?!

get squads back? buahahhah

Mine’s not dying ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) 

13 minutes ago, Tillowaty said:

get squads back? buahahhah

Really – that dark ??? Pew man - what to say? Separation of SC r1-10 from SC r11-15? Wut?

One singular targem entity has access to this insignificant information.

Prolly doesn’t use this forum tho ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

They should totally remove the tier system ; and make all ships to be equally powerful. Considering they are taking the path of making unique ships, such as Endeavour or even Styx.

The main issue I seen with MM is the pr. Assuming MM uses the PR and both sums were close to equal I think it would work better. 

The issue I see with PR is if you play r15, you are capped at 10,000. If you play at r8 you are capped at 7500. I might be off on the number, but the caps get lower as you play lower.

I think this is where issue lies. back when the cap wast at 2000, there was no cap. You could get a 2000 PR playing R1-3. If a group of op players want to bring their KD up, they play Lower teirs which will drop their rating. Then when they come back to r15, they have a lower rating, This will throw off match maker fo r people like me who only play r15.

I propose the rating system be based on your skill and not the ships you fly.  If All ship flown are capable of getting up to 10,000 PR I think MM would be more balanced. When some people want to farm up their stats, they also farm up their PR allowing for balanced matches.

I know some of this is off, but hopefully some here get it.

3 hours ago, DrDeath_ScD said:

The main issue I seen with MM is the pr. Assuming MM uses the PR and both sums were close to equal I think it would work better. 

The issue I see with PR is if you play r15, you are capped at 10,000. If you play at r8 you are capped at 7500. I might be off on the number, but the caps get lower as you play lower.

I think this is where issue lies. back when the cap wast at 2000, there was no cap. You could get a 2000 PR playing R1-3. If a group of op players want to bring their KD up, they play Lower teirs which will drop their rating. Then when they come back to r15, they have a lower rating, This will throw off match maker fo r people like me who only play r15.

I propose the rating system be based on your skill and not the ships you fly.  If All ship flown are capable of getting up to 10,000 PR I think MM would be more balanced. When some people want to farm up their stats, they also farm up their PR allowing for balanced matches.

wtf

5 hours ago, DrDeath_ScD said:

From my understanding MM sets you according to your ELLO. Pilot rating and all that nonsense are useless stats that make you feel like you don’t suk.

9 hours ago, xXConflictionXx said:

From my understanding MM sets you according to your ELLO. Pilot rating and all that nonsense are useless stats that make you feel like you don’t suk.

Pr is elo no? I would assume based on the rank you play, your actual elo could be much higher than displayed if you play low ranks. Hypothetically speaking if we got 10 players in que ranging from 9,000 to 3500, the mm would have to find 5 people for each side that would be close to equal.

5400 5000

9000 9200

3500 3600

5100 5000

4100 4300

For a random example. Now lets say some of the lowest ranked players happen to play low alot of teir. Had they been playing only r15 they could be worth 8500 or so. Doubt anyone here is following, but if you are then you can see the obvious problem.

I did an experiment a while ago. I played r3-6 for a week. I got my rating down to 1500. When I went back to playing R15, I was placed on the op team for a while. This resulted in a 16 win streak. I may not have this mm thing down 100% but I have proven to my self you can exploit the win loss but reducing your rating.

48 minutes ago, DrDeath_ScD said:

Pr is elo no? I would assume based on the rank you play, your actual elo could be much higher than displayed if you play low ranks. Hypothetically speaking if we got 10 players in que ranging from 9,000 to 3500, the mm would have to find 5 people for each side that would be close to equal.

5400 5000

9000 9200

3500 3600

5100 5000

4100 4300

For a random example. Now lets say some of the lowest ranked players happen to play low alot of teir. Had they been playing only r15 they could be worth 8500 or so. Doubt anyone here is following, but if you are then you can see the obvious problem.

I did an experiment a while ago. I played r3-6 for a week. I got my rating down to 1500. When I went back to playing R15, I was placed on the op team for a while. This resulted in a 16 win streak. I may not have this mm thing down 100% but I have proven to my self you can exploit the win loss but reducing your rating.

Finally a way to get out of the hecking newbie teams. I’ll see you in T2!

Its been about 6 or 7 months. Not really planning on doing it again, but you can try. I might change my mind, cant say for sure. No loot drops for what I need though.

3 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Finally a way to get out of the hecking newbie teams. I’ll see you in T2!

On 27.08.2017 at 0:26 AM, DrDeath_ScD said:

Pr is elo no? 

PR is based on eff points in games therefore aint elo.

also IIRC I cant get game in bot tier (R1-5) coz of some random restrictions to prevent farming newbs

On 27.8.2017 at 0:26 AM, DrDeath_ScD said:

Pr is elo no? …

For ELO see : Elo rating system

PR stands for “Player Rating”, a Star Conflict internal rating system expressed in points, like 5307

12 hours ago, Tillowaty said:

PR is based on eff points in games therefore aint elo.

also IIRC I cant get game in bot tier (R1-5) coz of some random restrictions to prevent farming newbs

If that were true then something is wrong i have never scored 7,000 points in a game. 

7 hours ago, avarshina said:

For ELO see : Elo rating system

PR stands for “Player Rating”, a Star Conflict internal rating system expressed in points, like 5307

If their “PR” system was following the elo then I would not be able to exploit it buy playing lower tiers to get a free win streak in top tiers. 

You all dont want them to fix this obvious bug.