MM in PVP

Not sure whether this is the right place to post this, feel free to move it to the appropriate section in case this post is in error.

Simple question, WHY while using a line up of 3 rank 11 ships and 1 rank 10 I’m getting macthed Vs a team with rank 15 ships and I’m not talking about 1 or 2 but a full rank 15 ships. In addition, WHY is it the matchmaker, if there is one, all the time is placing me with the losing team and nearly 30 se3c before the round ends.

Is it that the game is totally messed, the players gone, the mm gone AWOL, what in God’s name is happening here I dont know but despite the fact that I have made a huge efford to see things in a positive manner, my patience reached its limits !

1. Low number of players

2. Bad luck (to get late in match)

or

1. Devs made plot against you, since you are op player in game

When it happens to me it is third option ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

32 minutes ago, ComWittman said:

Not sure whether this is the right place to post this, feel free to move it to the appropriate section in case this post is in error.

Simple question, WHY while using a line up of 3 rank 11 ships and 1 rank 10 I’m getting macthed Vs a team with rank 15 ships and I’m not talking about 1 or 2 but a full rank 15 ships. In addition, WHY is it the matchmaker, if there is one, all the time is placing me with the losing team and nearly 30 se3c before the round ends.

Is it that the game is totally messed, the players gone, the mm gone AWOL, what in God’s name is happening here I dont know but despite the fact that I have made a huge efford to see things in a positive manner, my patience reached its limits !

R11 can be matched against R15 but it will receive additional buffs as the battle is then ranked at 15. Actually buffed Argonaut or Orelus are the best Empire Gunships in R15 ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) 

2 hours ago, OwnageMaster said:

R11 can be matched against R15 but it will receive additional buffs as the battle is then ranked at 15. Actually buffed Argonaut or Orelus are the best Empire Gunships in R15 ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) 

I don’t know weather or not I like the idea of just adding damage and resists to lower rank ships should be the answer to mm. Why would I still use weaker and more expensive to repair r15 ships?

This concept seems a bit flawed imo…

… comes out of the idea of the ship tree with each rank step up giving basically the same ships better base stats (as incentive to grind them; players call this Pokemon in space ‘collect them all’) And the SC Journey patches show the ship tree wouldn’t be removed soon.

3 hours ago, OwnageMaster said:

Perhaps…Why then have ranks, let all the ships participate in pvp games regardless their respective ranks. If you join a R15 game with a R11 line up, not only there’s an issue of equipement used by the R15 but also any progress with the R11 in R15 game will not count against R15 contracts. X amount of damage/wins on rank 15 ships is an example.

Bottom line is one, there is no way to opt from joining on going games [not even talking about pvp mode/map etc], the same players - nearly 90% of the times - are at the same team which means flawed mm [if there is any and what are the criteria] are we have to deal with. And while all these are happening, naturally because very few players are playing, we are talking about new ships that cost a fortune to build…not that I know for sure that there will be any. Regardless, this is not the question in hand but the horrid mm and unless I see some significant change, no matter how great I feel this game is, the amount of frustration that accumulates while playing it points out toawrds one option and one option only, period.

Although am not an experienced gamer, this game is trully unique but at the same time heavily flawed and am wondering whether there is a way to make/keep it viable.

It doesn’t matter where you put it… the MM wont change  because the player base can’t support the MM queues… NOBODY PLAYS THIS GAME !!!… And without a player base you can’t queue in a reasonable time…

screenshot-180212-111941.jpg.b019e9b5791d0d0776a72d2c124c253b.jpg

Today I killed a Neutron rank 5 with my Jaguar rank 15 in a random PVP queue…

screenshot-180212-111948.jpg.79bb82c860194cb3ab822960bfd82a25.jpg

are you seeing this ??? !!!.. this stupidity MUST STOP !!!… Oh wait , it can’t stop because  NOBODY PLAYS THIS GAME !!!

12 minutes ago, Original_Taz said:

It doesn’t matter where you put it… the MM wont change  because the player base can’t support the MM queues… NOBODY PLAYS THIS GAME !!!… And without a player base you can’t queue in a reasonable time…

are you seeing this ??? !!!.. this stupidity MUST STOP !!!… Oh wait , it can’t stop because  NOBODY PLAYS THIS GAME !!!

Kills = 0, you didn’t kill him ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”) 

21 minutes ago, Original_Taz said:

Huh better hide this, your score is awful, thx god that you had good team and opponent with low rank ship that you actually won.

1 hour ago, Scar6 said:

This concept seems a bit flawed imo…

i think this concept is the best thing they ever added, as it gives low rank ships in a high rank battle some “raw” strength

they are still limited by lower grade equipment, and less base stats. it also gives people a larger amount of ships to choose from.

you can see this balance in many games with ranks actually, robocraft e.g. gives you more energy if you build your robot “lighter”, and it took many iterations until they arrived at that sort of balancing.

24 minutes ago, ComWittman said:

Perhaps…Why then have ranks, let all the ships participate in pvp games regardless their respective ranks.

that is actually the modern approach. however it was already the modern approach back when SC was conceptualized, eg mwo had it from the getgo. they still have skill based tiers.

you have to thank world of tanks for this idea of how to make people addicted to unlock the same units again and again, just so they get linearly better.

its great to sell more stuff.

4 hours ago, ComWittman said:

Simple question, WHY while using a line up of 3 rank 11 ships and 1 rank 10 I’m getting macthed Vs a team with rank 15 ships and I’m not talking about 1 or 2 but a full rank 15 ships

bad luck or small population. since as far as i witnessed, if you go full t4, and there are enough people playing it, you will get a t4 game.

i take my r10-r11 together with an R15 into battle, since i exactly WANT to be there.

the same question however can get through someones mind if he tries to play rank 9 / tier 3, and suddenly sees you joining with r10-r11 ships :confused:

48 minutes ago, g4borg said:

i think this concept is the best thing they ever added, as it gives low rank ships in a high rank battle some “raw” strength

they are still limited by lower grade equipment, and less base stats. it also gives people a larger amount of ships to choose from.

bad luck or small population. since as far as i witnessed, if you go full t4, and there are enough people playing it, you will get a t4 game.

i take my r10-r11 together with an R15 into battle, since i exactly WANT to be there.

the same question however can get through someones mind if he tries to play rank 9 / tier 3, and suddenly sees you joining with r10-r11 ships :confused:

[@g4borg](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/239042-g4borg/) is speaking of this stats adjustment due to rank differences of ship in the same battle (MM placed):

3e4ce9bb2b86fe68c03b721667c3.jpg

Rank 11 destroyers will outperform a rank 14 ones now, because of these stats adjustments. It got introduced with one of the SC v1.4.x patches.

And it is a good thing for this game and its MatchMaker (MM) routines, because it is more flexible in terms of number of players, experience distribution of players etc.pp.

48 minutes ago, g4borg said:

you have to thank world of tanks for this idea of how to make people addicted to unlock the same units again and again, just so they get linearly better.

its great to sell more stuff.

And that’s why it will not be changed in essence any time soon - most likely not with the rank dilation to rank 16s and 17s .

P.S.: Do we have this in the SC Wiki?

4 hours ago, ComWittman said:

Perhaps…Why then have ranks, let all the ships participate in pvp games regardless their respective ranks.

From rumors in global chat - you may have your wish granted.

Hear - hear ! Iḿho - that would be a logical step to come over with the rankls and tiers difficulties in regard to pvp ect…

Welp, wouldn’t it ve easier and more interesting if every specific base stat of every ship would be the same regardless of rank? And equalize the performance of every weapon, too?

Every imperial inty for example would have the exact same base stats, every ion emitter would just be an ion emitter, no ranks.

Ships would only differenciate by different module and passive effect configuration.

Low ranks would become far more competitive and high rank ships would retain an advantage due to more modules to choose from.

Such an approach would be far less irritating than random buffs to lower ranks.

i stopped playing again because i kept getting 2v2’s, usually against r9 ships in my spark. Felt unfair, that kind of stuff isn’t my style.

On 2/13/2018 at 1:23 AM, Scar6 said:

Welp, wouldn’t it ve easier and more interesting if every specific base stat of every ship would be the same regardless of rank? And equalize the performance of every weapon, too?

Every imperial inty for example would have the exact same base stats, every ion emitter would just be an ion emitter, no ranks.

Ships would only differenciate by different module and passive effect configuration.

Low ranks would become far more competitive and high rank ships would retain an advantage due to more modules to choose from.

Big problem with mixing ranks, even with buffs or whatnot is progression. People with lower rank ships are almost always new and throwing them in the same game as people who’ve been playing for years is ridiculous.

It’s creating the same situation as people farming low tiers. Except this is forced on everyone and made worse by rank/module/crew differences

On 12.2.2018 at 8:53 PM, Scar6 said:

such an approach is usually what people start to see as the “logical solution” after playing any game like this for years. welcome to the club.

and still, the psychological effect of ranking up to better stuff keeps luring people with honey ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”)

mwo is based on this approach. it works now perfectly, except that it has other major issues, besides being a game of robots, without any real support classes, not everybodys’ cup of tea.

they could scrap the damage bonus if all weapons are equally r15. its generally a fail imho. i gave up on calling this out, and rather focus on taking the best solution they have, if they remove even their buffs, its even worse. and it has been done in the past, that they misunderstood the reason why people complained, and simply ripped out mechanics instead of fixing them.

not blaming them completely, since not everybody complains with the same amount of sanity.

On 12.2.2018 at 4:52 PM, avarshina said:

is speaking of this stats adjustment due to rank differences of ship in the same battle (MM placed):

3e4ce9bb2b86fe68c03b721667c3.jpg

Rank 11 destroyers will outperform a rank 14 ones now, because of these stats adjustments. It got introduced with one of the SC v1.4.x patches.

note, that the displayed values are definitely wrong

the shield and hull resist bonuses are definitely points , not percentages. flat 45% bonus would be insane.

but you also spoke of the logic of the ship tree as a viable model for a f2p game – so how to gap the divide?