[Mission] PVE scoring system

I had noticed when playing earlier that PVE usually rewards behavior that in counter to the actual objectives.  For example, if we take the repair depot mission, the first objective is to capture the three beacons, followed by destroying the main guns, and finally the missile launchers.  I’ll take the third bit for this example.  If you have a couple people continuously attacking the missile launchers, dealing lots and lots of damage [those things have immense health], their score is going to be relatively low [think killing a missile turret is like 150 points].  One of the other players might be just flying around killing the defenders [20 points each, I think].  You can just rack up kills by doing this, then hit the missile launchers once [to get the ‘damage assist’ of 100 points]. So in the end, you didn’t actually contribute to the match very much at all, but your score is considerably higher than the people who were actually pursuing the objectives.  This means you get more money/XP for the mission, even though you arguably didn’t really help.

My solution to this would be to track “damage dealt” rather than kills/assists.  This would make it so that people who focus on the objectives [which usually have enormous health and little/no resistances, so the relative damage dealt is higher] would be rewarded appropriately, while the people who focus on the easy kills [low health, low/med resistances] would get less for their [not helpful] efforts.

What think you?

or equal distribution of rewards regardless of points. coz PVE is broken anyways.

I wouldnt say that its not helpful entirely for someone to be shooting down the AI ships, as just ignoring them isnt gonna work either. But… maybe dropping the point value for the NPC ships and increase the objective values (while keeping the assist value the same maybe) Or track objective kills separately (Like beacon captures) in addition to a increased value for killing them? And/Or maybe scaling assist value to the damage actually done. 

PVE isnt broken Kine. What makes you think it is?

I agree with the scoring.

Yesterday I got all 3 beacons, helped kill all the guns and then did the most damage on the rocket launchers and scored 3rd on my team with only a few kills and assists but I was in my LRF and I know I did the most damage in round 2 and 3 and got the medals for capping 3 beacons

It’s mind numbing. Money and almost confirmed loot aside, you guys actually enjoy PVE?

OT

Dunno what mission it was but it’s the capture control beacon thing. The bots would not stop spawning. It’s wave after wave after wave after wave after wave after wave. It’s just red fog all over. Now you cannot cap the beacons in that state. Nor can you kill them fast enough so someone have to exploit the mechanic and act as decoy - shoot them to get it to target you and like the pied piper you lure them away from beacons so yer buddies can cap

That guy who’s luring the bots away dont get points. And if he receives less money for that work to me it’s doubly broken.

I wouldnt say that its not helpful entirely for someone to be shooting down the AI ships, as just ignoring them isnt gonna work either. But… maybe dropping the point value for the NPC ships and increase the objective values (while keeping the assist value the same maybe) Or track objective kills separately (Like beacon captures) in addition to a increased value for killing them? And/Or maybe scaling assist value to the damage actually done. 

Agree, someone has to shoot those things down and that is actually helping the rest of the team. The person doing this might not acquire any of the points from the missile launchers.

Besides, you acquire the most points in the phases before this - who really cares anyway?

On an unrelated note - a wolf in NASA? Clearly you should drop by and come sing the song of our people. /Howls* Grab our TS details from JP Hack.

another OT

i would say that PVE is broken. (I think) Majority of players are just using bugs to complete them.

Not really fun of PVE, but did some of that yesterday. I found a star  :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/2TeYAYw.jpg

That looks like some sort of ship orgy.

I see those ship orgies in the T4 PVE matches… it become impossible to kill enough of them so you end up just hugging the deck of whatever structure you are on to try and complete the objective. I have some screens of it really bad in the missile launcher level

I see those ship orgies in the T4 PVE matches… it become impossible to kill enough of them so you end up just hugging the deck of whatever structure you are on to try and complete the objective. I have some screens of it really bad in the missile launcher level

This x2