Microphone?

I was just wondering what patch should we be looking for microphone support?

Is there anything the player base could do to help offer microphone support? IE: If the issue were a limitation in bandwidth, you could do it if x people paid a monthly fee…

What patch? õ_Ô

People just use 3rd party programs, like Ventrilo or TeamSpeak.

Currently most big corps use a TS or orther 3rd party software and we also offer a community Teamspeak Server.

The game is F2P :slight_smile:

Are there any plans for mic support?  For squads?  For teams?  For corps?

Are there any plans for mic support?  For squads?  For teams?  For corps?

While it would be a plesent surprise if there is a VoiP function in the future, I doubt there will be. As Error said, this is a F2P game, and there are many external VoiP alternatives, such as the [SC Public TeamSpeak3 server](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/20947-community-teamspeak-server/), Steam voice chat, RaidCall, C3, RazerComms, etc.

The third part products are good for sector conquest, or just general game play with your corp.

I don’t see how that is a complete replacement for in game support.

PVP, and PVE would have a lot to gain in the way of playability if microphone support were added. I really like pvp, I would love if when I have the EMP bomb I could talk with people near me. People don’t get the idea when you move forward, shoot along the side of them, move some, shoot…

It is tough making an attack when there is no coordination…

Is there a command system I don’t know about? Like in unreal were you can press, I think it was v, then bring up a list of common commands? Guard me, attack a, attack b…

That would be something with low bandwidth requirement. Would just need to send the command out, would be a couple of bytes…

What other games (aside from EvE) do you know that HAVE in-game voice support?

XCOM has a xxxx one that completely deletes any and all volume from your microphone.

I don’t know of any other…

In every single team based PvP game that i have played that has build in Voicecom i had to mute it due to enormous amount of xxxx kids spouting nonsense all over channel, eliminating any sense of “tactical” approach and just raging for no reason, and of course proving everyone how he spend his time with everyone moms. The moment they implement ingame voice, i am muting it right out of the bad.

What other games (aside from EvE) do you know that HAVE in-game voice support?

XCOM has a xxxx one that completely deletes any and all volume from your microphone.

I don’t know of any other…

Perhaps I am spoiled. I don’t have much gaming time, so normally I play Unreal, half life and the like. Is it not normal for team games to have micropone support?

After the first 2 hours of this game I new I was stuck. I Normally avoid games that are not head line, because they typically are not that good. It just so happens this one is amazing.

In every single team based PvP game that i have played that has build in Voicecom i had to mute it due to enormous amount of xxxx kids spouting nonsense all over channel, eliminating any sense of “tactical” approach and just raging for no reason, and of course proving everyone how he spend his time with everyone moms. The moment they implement ingame voice, i am muting it right out of the bad.

You are not wrong at all. I normally just mute the player. My mute list is always massive.

Error has a good point.

If it isn’t something that is possible, or wanted by the general user base it isn’t.

So would anyone else want an update to the way people communicate in the game? IE: static commands that you can quickly access through key presses. Press c to access a list 1-9 are different commands, like cover me, attack c…

Perhaps I am spoiled. I don’t have much gaming time, so normally I play Unreal, half life and the like. Is it not normal for team games to have micropone support?

After the first 2 hours of this game I new I was stuck. I Normally avoid games that are not head line, because they typically are not that good. It just so happens this one is amazing.

Hit R a few times, that pings a target/friendly/beacon/etc for the entire team to focus on. Whether or not they DO focus on depends on the amount of average brain cells in them.

If it isn’t something that is possible, or wanted by the general user base it isn’t.

So would anyone else want an update to the way people communicate in the game? IE: static commands that you can quickly access through key presses. Press c to access a list 1-9 are different commands, like cover me, attack c…

It’s not a matter of being possible or not. Everybody wants it, but the devs are focusing on a dozen other, a lot more important things. Plus, voice comms take up a lot of work to properly implement.

My ban list might include half of the players I meet.  I don’t want to have to listen to idiots.  I found an idiot recently with a sub 1k DSR and 0.77 win ratio complain about his team sucking.

There’s also the internationalization issue.  Many teammates will not speak English at present.

Hit R a few times, that pings a target/friendly/beacon/etc for the entire team to focus on. Whether or not they DO focus on depends on the amount of average brain cells in them.

It’s not a matter of being possible or not. Everybody wants it, but the devs are focusing on a dozen other, a lot more important things. Plus, voice comms take up a lot of work to properly implement.

I didn’t know about the R command.

I was wondering, what was making locations blick. I normally attack a blicking location unless it just a crazy get me killed target.

Thanks for that.

Odviously it is possible, and wanted. Perhaps I should have said, at this time.

110 hours logged, and you think I would have taken the time to read the frikkin keyboard layout better. No not me.

My ban list might include half of the players I meet.  I don’t want to have to listen to idiots.  I found an idiot recently with a sub 1k DSR and 0.77 win ratio complain about his team sucking.

There’s also the internationalization issue.  Many teammates will not speak English at present.

That we should be winning because he hasn’t touched a beacon or EMP bomb. I am shocked to see how many people will TOTALLY and intentionally avoid an emp. Then, other people will microwarp to it, and charge head on into 5 enemies. Like “O ya, I’m totally runnin this one. It’s all me guys, you stay back.”

.77 would make me feel pretty bad about my piloting. Now that I’m at 1, because I found that I’m a covert opts flier, I’m not giving my 1.0 ration back! If I were .77, I would just quietly enjoy the game with my big fat American mouth shut.

Thanks for the responces everyone. I am glad to see what other players thoughts were on this.

Considering the new patch that we just got, this discussion from last week is funny =)

Considering the new patch that we just got, this discussion from last week is funny =)

Funny, I didn’t check the patch updates till I saw your post.

To me, it looks like they are edging into the fine tuning stage of development.

Since a Voice Chat was added, I’ll proceed to lock this thread.