Meta anti-destro built Saw One

57da44ddd27ba_sawone.jpg.b34d6b7386bf86e0fd32ad53569ea23e.jpg

Welcome to my Guide on meta-built anti-destroyer Saw One!

Hello and welcome to my meta build guide for Saw One

In this build I’ll explain how to have fun against a destroyer on almost even terms together with some sub-builds for slightly different playstyles.

Let’s start with the “default” build

3.jpg.5eb6d85451e3a139781e2099ba7b92d7.jpg

1.jpg.5665cdbefbd858ffaedd1bed236514de.jpg

2.jpg.2b79a6f57b04b157a5d569ab97c5ebbe.jpg

I use this one the most because it suits my playstyle the best.

Engine slot serves for sheer speed while the capacitor slots main purpose here is to deliver a faster firing-rate, mainly on the second firing mode of the Phaser. On the shields I put the EM-diffuser to improve the shield resists on EM damage, after all, what’s a Jericho ship without a good shield, also, to avoid the “glasscanon” tendency Saw has, I put the Compact Shield Generator together with the Passive Armor mod to enhance it’s Raid Diffusion Shield. The 3 CPU slots are there to provide a steady critical chance/damage ratio depending on how you like to play it.

The crew implants are pretty much self-explanatory, only side notes would be the rank 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14. 
I use the rank 7-1 implant only without Cruise Engines mod, otherwise 7-2, haven’t found any use for 7-3 yet.
Rank 8 implants- since my build doesn’t cover multipurpose modules, only command, any of those 3 implants are a viable option to choose from.
Rank 9 implants- I use the 9-1 because I get targeted a lot and I’m a trigger happy maniac sometimes rushing B while cykablyat-ing, 9-2 is not much useful for this guide while 9-3 can help you if you crash a lot at high speeds.
Rank 12 implants- I chose 12-1 because it’s a damage build against a difficult enemy in terms of killing, 12-2 can be helpful if the Raid Diffusion Shield seems a bit squishy, while 12-3 is a so-so pick, you’re not flying a guard, so, why bother with it?
Rank 13 implants- it’s debatable what’s the best one to use, if you have a high tendency to end up killing a lot of people while staying alive all that time, 13-2 and 13-3 are for you, otherwise, stick with the 13-1 implant.
Rank 14 implants- I mainly get shot down because of stuns so I went 14-1 because of that, 14-2 serves also really good because it drops the lock-ons and you have time to think of your next step (few seconds but still better than nothing), and the 14-3 is a good option if you don’t have my stun “issues” and when cloaking isn’t really for your playstyle.

4.jpg.de7026b1bce9151498157d4b9f6d73ee.jpg

So overall, you have a fast crit-built command ship with buffed active module parameters, really nice shield and somewhat hull stats (ignoring the passive resists and buffs from active modules) and a semi-beefy diffusion shield that hands out extra 20% damage on the table.

5.jpg.04498c005e4133e6b9729a059a2df809.jpg 6.jpg.e8f930c7b7e2e4c5cc861a956ea8d27b.jpg

7.jpg.56522ec0a4250fe8f30c2a74b286bf33.jpg 8.jpg.cea43efe4d78eb9b1bb18405e9de9f07.jpg

9.jpg.803d162bc8d7dded7204cb2870253c44.jpg

*As far as active modules go, Valkyrie is a must-have, any other mod has a 50-50 chance to be equipped or not. Depends on the person playing it.

So how does it all come together then?

Easy, just follow carefully read this:
Phaser has what I like to call 3 modes of firing, 
-first one is a fast charge that goes through anything except asteroids and big objects, can be used with the targeting system and the aiming reticle, ideal to pester the out of reach slow players into hiding,
-second one is the slow charge, it takes a bit time between each shot but is way more destructive than the fast one and deals way more damage than the singularity could in its place, also it’s skill based, that means no skill = no hit = no score = no fun
-third firing mode is where it gets interesting, combining the first and second mode into a third one = explosion. This means if you shoot the slow charge with the fast charge you get an explosion that deals aditional damage to whoever is close to it -EVEN YOU-.

Now that the Phaser basics are covered, let’s move on to the tactics.

To be able to use this meta build of mine, you have to have situational awareness above level zero, good to semi-good positioning and skill with operating the Phaser.

How I do it

I fight in close quarters most of the time unless the enemy team is all turtle style and no aggro.

1. Trigger Shield Havoc at 4km distance, wait before the shields start to decay
  2. Try to position yourself behind or front of the destroyer on the approach (the aim to this is to hit as many modules with the second firing mode as possible)
  3. First shoot the destro with second mode and wait until the ball passes through it damaging the most modules it can
  4. Trigger the explosion with the first firing mode
  5. If attacked in any of these steps, activate the Valkyrie and Raid Diffusion Shield simultaneously
  6. Continue blue-balling with explosions combo
  7. When diffusion goes down and all the active modules are on cooldown, retreat activating Aegis systems and/or Coating polarizer/** Gravi **-Scanner. 

small notice* don’t waste doomsdays on shields, only hull !!!

Let’s do some random numbers, this default build offers cca 3700 total damage per fast charge, cca 14800 total damage per slow charge and between 14 000 to 20000 damage per explosion.

BTW, for those who didn’t know this, destroyers take 200% damage from explosions…yeah.

Also, destroying the modules on a destroyer deals extra damage!

If you aim for a bit heavier attacks , this sub-build of my default one would probably be the thing you’re looking for.

Exchanging the Coating polarizer for the Gravi-Scanner is a must because otherwise, you would be a slow and easy target. With the Supernova ammo now equipped, we need the Shared cooler mod to provide us with less overheating issues. With Cruise engines gone there are some crew settings to change also.

screenshot-160915-080731.jpg.601967f0e6734af922415651c00db7e7.jpg

screenshot-160915-060949.jpg.96409bd910612e1ec025dda0d3a76e0e.jpg

screenshot-160915-082247.jpg.a83d26a939d9be00e6146e4ee2a0cd9f.jpg

screenshot-160915-060955.jpg.4edceb19cff011295fd7d725d89cf59f.jpg

screenshot-160914-143232.jpg.31988fc6a876132760797454988d30fe.jpg

This is a somewhat tankier version of the default build with higher damage output but slower ship speed and projectile speed. It requires that the player stays close to its target, otherwise, it won’t be effective.

Again, some random numbers, this tankier default build offers cca 4400 total damage per fast charge, cca 17700 total damage per slow charge and between 14 000 to 20000 damage per explosion as fixed damage. So each successful hit delivers 17k EM damage + 14-20k Thermal damage equals to 31-37k damage per skill shot. If we add the total damage from all 3 missiles (30k) + the damage caused by destroying the destroyer modules, the overall number gets to 100k damage really fast, halving any destroyer hull regardless of shields or even killing it.

And in those special cases when you feel lucky, punk, or just want to kill in a frenzy mad max way of cykablyat-ing to B, there’s something extra.

Ion beam warhead stuns together with a 20sec long salvo of high critical chance Phaser ball/explosion hits will do wonders, is it an interceptor trying to capture a beacon, a guard, or fighter, or even a destroyer, you are basically equipped to handle all of them.

The brawler version of the default build

screenshot-160915-061951.jpg.a444858fd4faf86cb7086ddb34f209f6.jpg

screenshot-160915-082247.jpg.a83d26a939d9be00e6146e4ee2a0cd9f.jpg

screenshot-160915-061957.jpg.fe5186b67a11b7911e5e2d3ef558151b.jpg

screenshot-160914-143222.jpg.f5531a7c3e56c6f3b3677d4896f18cb0.jpg

screenshot-160914-143232.jpg.31988fc6a876132760797454988d30fe.jpg

Aaand here we go again, random numbers, this brawler default build offers cca 3700 total damage per fast charge, cca 14800 total damage per slow charge and between 14 000 to 20000 damage per explosion.

This build is only here to deliver a constant fire and high damage to anyone that gets close and is slow at retreating. All the pilot has to do is to seek cover with constant damage dealing.

Don’t forget to use the additional devices from time to time to buff out your ships stats.

screenshot-160914-151441.jpg.079fb361502f8ec375cc984553b34d9f.jpg

***small notice, explosion damage is either a fixed number that can’t be amplified with crit builds or damage mods, i haven’t yet tested it successfully since it always delivers me random high numbers so i guess it does get amplified with damage mods and other things***

![:001:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001.png “:001:”)I hope you had fun reading my meta build, feel free to leave a comment! ![:001:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001.png “:001:”)

without insults if possibru

And now we wait for r14 Destroyers to come out ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

3mainstrem5me

Yeap, i hope there wont be any huge changes to the game so i dont have to do it all over again. xD

And how do you do the “Explosion” in a real fight ? You stand still ?

The sphere is slow, you just have to know where you sent it in case u dont see it behind a destro. No need for surgical precision, just a close shot by the sphere will trigger the explosion. Disabling the aim assist helps a lot.

Oh my god I hate this build so much ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”)(no offense, just seen similar things too much)

Some folks will just use the first build, sitting 4km away from the front lines and doing 3k dps to anything that isn’t an actively dodging interceptor. It’s dumb-easy to fly and ridiculously hard to counter (and yes, I’ve tried it before), so long as you have at least some situational awareness. At least the DPS isn’t high enough to be a big threat to anybody but interceptors and lighter fighters.

Thankfully you recommend some close-up fighting. It is a good anti-destroyer ship at closer ranges, what with explosive weapons and cruise engines to make resetting the engagement easy. Dunno how useful the shield havoc is, though – it does great against destroyers, but terribly against everybody else, and hurts teammates inside the aura as well. So, I guess, maybe useful for when one wants to attempt to solo a destroyer, although good luck covering the 4000m approach without getting a photon torp to the face. And then orbiting slowly without getting another photon torp to the face again. Which is a big threat when the destroyer sees you as the biggest target, e.g., when attempting to solo kill one.

To be fair, it does look like about as good as an anti-destroyer build gets. Explosive damage, stuns, maneuverability (of a Jericho fighter, anyhow), plus a way of face-tanking for a couple seconds at a time. In a real battle, could probably take one down if it was far from its teammates and prioritized other targets first. Otherwise, would still probably be able to wear it down a bit, assuming there aren’t many other enemies backing it up. Good to have a guide showing folks how to deal with destroyers ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

First time i encountered the phaser, it was silent, noticeable like 0% and annoying at best so, i understand the agony of playing against a phaser player that doesn’t do or can’t do any skill shots. They can use this build to amplify damage output but in the end, it won’t help much because you are using just 1/3 of capable max usage in the firing sense at best, it’s like, just using your main weapon and totally ignoring active modules lol. I hate wasted potential in any sense and cringe when i see people just camping with this weapon while knowing how it can be utilized for a fun gameplay, crank up the difficulty level every once in a while.

In any case, i tried to deliver a meta build as far as command class and special project ships can provide, everybody is talking about destroyers and how to make the best out of one, since the r14 are coming soon, i think with some proper skill (as it would be expected in t5 at least) this build can be helpful if not a standard anti-destro build depending if you like to play as a team, somewhat like a search and destroy party. I tried to make it interesting, imagine, a fighter class standing his ground in a 1v1 fight against a destro that’s supposed to be really tough and powerful.

And some people still think dest are op… 

14 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

And some people still think dest are op… 

LOL, it’s just a ship class like every other, with its perks and weaknesses. Can’t wait for Mjolnir experimentations ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

1 hour ago, ORCA1911 said:

LOL, it’s just a ship class like every other, with its perks and weaknesses. Can’t wait for Mjolnir experimentations ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

I did try some with my lightbringer : singularity+firestorm turning arround the ship like that and enjoy the firework ^^

Blueballing, redballing now is the most common thing, I’d try out the lasers, ion has the tendency to lower resist so yea xd… but then again mid range crit rails, endless possibilities with a funship ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

10 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

Blueballing, redballing now is the most common thing, I’d try out the lasers, ion has the tendency to lower resist so yea xd… but then again mid range crit rails, endless possibilities with a funship ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Totally worth it xD

i would exchange the coating polarizer for a shield booster.

Yea, the polarizer can be exchanged for anything since it’s not a must-have.