Meson Cannon

What’s the best way to build around the meson cannon? Currently I’ve been using it on Invincible and I really enjoy the speed and firepower it brings.

I know already that reducing spread is #1 which is why I am currently using electronic guidance mk4. But what kind of lenses should I use? And is there anything else?

I use Focusing Lens paired with F6 implant.

I think it depends on the faction. Federation due to speed, get in and get out, would be best for critical builds which means that long range is out of the question and will be about 6km which is a good tactic anyway (get right in the middle of the action take out as many as possible and then get out). Jericho and Empire are normally too slow to pull that off so you would probably be better off with a high dps long range build. But if you use the wormhole then the critical build can work too.

Got it thanks!

Just don’t use curved reflector. Literally the worst ammo out there for mesons since you cannot compensate the severely limited range with speed on an Empire destro

1 hour ago, Mecronmancer said:

Just don’t use curved reflector. Literally the worst ammo out there for mesons since you cannot compensate the severely limited range with speed on an Empire destro

Done that, didn’t like it.