Mauler vs Inquisitor AE is there a difference?

So i am a fanboy of the Jericho torpedo frigate, my question is in late game should I get the Mauler? If so why and just how effective are these torpedo frigates in late game?

PS: I brawl a lot in these frigs

The Mauler is a weapon dps ship. Strap a Heavy Blaster on it and watch npcs get mangled to oblivion. In PvP, you need a lot of support to make it work effectively. You’d hardly even use the Torpedo, truth be told.

If it is a dps ship, what about the inquisitor AE is it kind of a more survivable Torp frigate? I have also heard that in higher tiers “health” of a ship is almost non-existent is that really the case? 

Maulers can’t EM cloak as well as Inquistor AEs. You see them much easier with the naked eye.

Also, if you want to see the difference, compare the full stats as well as the ship modifier layouts and ship bonuses. Only compare stats if your inquisitor AE is fully synergized. Remove all equipment from both of them to see naked stats.

If it is a dps ship, what about the inquisitor AE is it kind of a more survivable Torp frigate? I have also heard that in higher tiers “health” of a ship is almost non-existent is that really the case? 

Mauler is all about DPS. Inquisitor AE is more versatile and has more tank. Both are awesome ships. The mauler is great for PvE farming because of the premium ship bonuses to credits and synergy.

Due to this inquisitor ae for a versatile ship and mauler for a destroyer am i right?

Due to this inquisitor ae for a versatile ship and mauler for a destroyer am i right?

Yes. Inquisitor AE has also great damage potential, but the Mauler due to the x3 Capacitor and x3 Cpu plus the passive bonuses is on another level. 

Inquisitor AE will just be able to tank more damage than the Mauler, but it wont be able to deal that many damage.