Matchmaking

I think he wants the old system with 3 man squads back. Lost it when he started writing about ranks, tough.

That font, i refuse to read it

Come on, thats nonsense. I just wanted to play t4, i saw there where a lot of people in my section, i always use this command in chat. And then i was mixes up in a 3 vs 3 pvp with 1 bot??? Ok, next try and the same. I waited 4 minutes, a lot of peoples in my section, and then again, i was mixed up in a 3 vs 3 game. In the other team, there where 2 skilled players with a dsr over 1400, all weapons purple, in my team where 1 good player and a player with a bad dsr and just 1 guard in his ship setup.

Why didnt we get mixed with all the other people, if we are all in the same area of the mm??? 

bhL7wcO.jpg

My “DSR” right now is hovering between 1300 and 1350.  I flew only T3 ships.  Needless to say, I got my second cap eat cap.

Alright, so we have alot of different threads and posts about matchmaking,I am going to post it here, hopefully majority of those that are interested on how exactly matchmaker works in CURRENT 0.9.13/0.9.14 version.

I managed to get an answer from a developer who is one of the few working directly with MatchMaker logic:

4ку может забрать в бой только с 4кой или 3кой, суммарный полный рейтинг всех игроков звена не должен различаться больше чем на 40% (было 33%, но долго искало пару) от суммы другого звена.

3х может забрать в бой с любым звеном (± 40%), 2ки не ищут пару, но сами могут ей стать ( при +40% реально только для тройки с существенно более слабыми игроками по рейтингу)

На рейтинг попадания в очередь влияние +1 за каждого члена звена после 1 (т.е. для 4х +3), сами границы очередей динамически подстраиваются под он-лайн. Основное влияние на рейтинг оказывает старший корабль и elo-игрока, остальное уже влияет только при прочих равных, матчмейкер постоянно корректируется, но уже несколько месяцев не резко, а мелкими точечными правками, хотя ещё возможны и существенные переделки.

And here is a translation of this:

• 4 man squad can ONLY fight another 3xman or 4x man squad (2x2man vs 4xman squads are NOT SUPPOSE to happen, make sure one of them is not 3 man or LOGS)

• another factor is that there is a TOTAL skill rating for the squad, the current threshold for opposing squads is no more than ~40% of total rating difference (it use to be lower, ~33%, but low population made games impossible to find for squads with such a check, this is one of the things that will be adjusted with population or made dynamic)

• 3 man squads do require an opposing squad but either 2x man or 3x man with the same check of ~40% total of skill rating difference

• 2 man squad does not look for opposing squad of any size but can be used as a filler vs 3 man (not mentioned by the dev but i think as a filler 3x + 2x vs 4x)

Things that effect Match Making rating the most:

• every squad member after 1 adds +1 to a rating (so 4x man will have +3 to a matchmaking rating which is NOT the same as ship ranks!!!)

• current online population - Edges/thresholds of Matchmaking queues are dynamic and depending on total number of players, those can be widened or tightened by small margins

• maximum rank of equipped ships

• skill rating (he didn’t say thresholds)

• weapon/module mk1-mk4 currently don’t have much affect on matchmaking rating.

Thank you for the informations, xKostyan !!

Thank You, xKostyan! That explains some MM behavior I’ve see in the past days/weeks.

If you have an LRF in your hangar, YOU SHOULD BE LESS LIKELY TO END UP IN BEACON HUNT

Im so tired of ending up in beacon hunt WITH THREE TO FIVE SNIPERS/TORPEDO FRIGATES ON MY TEAM

My steam screenshot page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/seaberry47/screenshots/?appid=212070&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall

FILLED WITH EXAMPLES OF THE NONBALANCE

If you have an LRF in your hangar, YOU SHOULD BE LESS LIKELY TO END UP IN BEACON HUNT

Im so tired of ending up in beacon hunt WITH THREE TO FIVE SNIPERS/TORPEDO FRIGATES ON MY TEAM

My steam screenshot page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/seaberry47/screenshots/?appid=212070&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall

FILLED WITH EXAMPLES OF THE NONBALANCE

Please, don’t use red font on the forum, it is reserved for moderation purposes.

Rainbow’s still ok, right?

Unless you want to make a whole post with it, yes.