matchmaking is screwed up : T3 vs T4, really?!

Whoever is responsible for the new matchmaking system should be seriosly punished. HOW is it possible I am getting matched vs lvl 10-12 ( former T4 ) ships in my lvl 8-9 ships ( former T3 ) ? Is this working as intended? If so its totally ****** up. increased surviveability of ships? Oh come on this must be a joke, I constantly get popped withing 3 seconds by totally OP Mass-drivers or Railguns / Gausscannons. Even with 60%+ resists to kinetic ( ON FRIGGN SHIELDS ) the dmg is way out of line.

Give back the OLD RANK SYSTEM and don´t try to mix stuff with totally idiotic stuff like lvl 8-11 modules. Old system was just fine as it was with a CAP to reach and build for.

Work as intended.

+1/-1 rank system applies to the rank of the game, not your ship. If you are in a R10 game with R9 ships, you can face R11s. So really, it’s a +2/-2 from your ship. 

This system would work if the playerbase is larger, but it isn’t, so it won’t work well.

The new module system if great though. Now players aren’t stuck with all white gear when they move up a tier (or I guess now when they rank up). Module rank balance was a big issue in this game, which is now mostly resolved. There is still incentive to get higher rank gear, as it has slight improvements over the previous rank range, but using the previous rank range, upgraded gear still works better than low-mark/upgraded, higher rank gear.

Please include logs and screenshots.

Whoever is responsible for the new matchmaking system should be seriosly punished. HOW is it possible I am getting matched vs lvl 10-12 ( former T4 ) ships in my lvl 8-9 ships ( former T3 ) ? Is this working as intended? If so its totally ****** up. increased surviveability of ships? Oh come on this must be a joke, I constantly get popped withing 3 seconds by totally OP Mass-drivers or Railguns / Gausscannons. Even with 60%+ resists to kinetic ( ON FRIGGN SHIELDS ) the dmg is way out of line.

Give back the OLD RANK SYSTEM and don´t try to mix stuff with totally idiotic stuff like lvl 8-11 modules. Old system was just fine as it was with a CAP to reach and build for.

Now you can be either top of the crop or bottom. So you can’t farm Rank 7 newbies non stop. Hard right?

Pro tip: With a proper rank 9 build, you can still be competitive against rank 10 and rank 11 ships. Adapt!

Don’t worry at least the dreads working as intended :slight_smile:

2hycsig.jpg

Don’t worry at least the dreads working as intended :slight_smile:

2hycsig.jpg

Lol, that is huge. Can you play with tier 5 in a tier 4 dread battle?

Yeah. Work as intended.

Bots tend to ignore rank range. I fought numerous times with R10-r11 bots in R7-9 dread fights.

Bots tend to ignore rank range. I fought numerous times with R10-r11 bots in R7-9 dread fights.

Oh they are bots only. Well, not that much of an issue.

Well it IS an issue, but not as big as I thought it was.

Only the bots can brings T5 ships. So at least the bots has already T5 dread battles :smiley:

But they all use some xxxx fitts, so you can 1shoot the inites with the disintegrator.

I like the bots. The bots didn’t disconnected at least. My Cyber teammate get probably a shock and Dc at the beginning… nvm I reported him, I hope he’ll get punished :smiley:

The bots should get a ragequit function.

So at the end I killed 2 of them, I shooted down a couple of torps, and my new bot friends killed another 2 ppl, so the half of their team didn’t get fearme :slight_smile:

Hoot!

The bots should get a ragequit function.

Considering this!

Stats shows that former T3 ship (rank 9) with modules from former T4 has all chances against 10-12 ranks. 

Stats also shows that UFOs already visitied Earth 10.000 years ago  *rolleyes*

You tried to close a gap for T4 beginner ships starting with grey modules vs purpled out lvl 12 ships by creating an even bigger gap for the main force of T3 pilots via forcing them to fight in lvl 7-9 vs 10s with purpled out lvl 11 modules? How stupid is that? Scare of the biggest group of players remaining in the game by punshing them into their face for sure is the best way of saving the game from decreasing player numbers *rolleyes²*

Useful endcontent for T4/5 now THAT would have helped…but obviously all you thought about was a new UI for the same old PVE Missions…again. Congratualions on this Masterpiece

Stats also shows that UFOs already visitied Earth 10.000 years ago  *rolleyes*

You tried to close a gap for T4 beginner ships starting with grey modules vs purpled out lvl 12 ships by creating an even bigger gap for the main force of T3 pilots via forcing them to fight in lvl 7-9 vs 10s with purpled out lvl 11 modules? How stupid is that? Scare of the biggest group of players remaining in the game by punshing them into their face for sure is the best way of saving the game from decreasing player numbers *rolleyes²*

Useful endcontent for T4/5 now THAT would have helped…but obviously all you thought about was a new UI for the same old PVE Missions…again. Congratualions on this Masterpiece

Level 7 ships only face rank 9 ships, not rank 10 or rank 11.

In fact, the only thing that changed with the MM is that now rank 7 and rank 10 ships CAN be top rank in games, and rank 9 and rank 12 CAN be bottom rank.

Which I think it is a great improvement, and eliminates one of the most blatant unbalances in the game.

You still don´t get the point do you?

In old MM you had to fight your way up INSIDE of one Tier ( lvl 1-3, 4-6, 7-9 ) and had a CAP at the end of said Tier. there was no BIGGER opponent enymore at lvl 3,6 and 9 etc.

But since the Tiers are mixed up with each other now you will ALWAYS have the chance to have to fight against lvls at least 1 or 2 steps higher than your own ship all the way up to 15, with better modules AND better ships. Don´t you really agree with me that this sux? Why did most of the players stop at lvl 9? Cuz there was absolutely NO REASON AT ALL to tech up ( theres little to no more content in Endgame ). Dreads where T3 with lvl 9 cap, no need for any T4-5. “Special” PvE missions with a guarantied purple drop? Get it in EVERY lvl once a Day ! Better synergie for bigger fleet? Scew it cuz it was NOT needed !

So I still insist on reverting this ugly piece of junk back to the old system

You still don´t get the point do you?

In old MM you had to fight your way up INSIDE of one Tier ( lvl 1-3, 4-6, 7-9 ) and had a CAP at the end of said Tier. there was no BIGGER opponent enymore at lvl 3,6 and 9 etc.

But since the Tiers are mixed up with each other now you will ALWAYS have the chance to have to fight against lvls at least 1 or 2 steps higher than your own ship all the way up to 15, with better modules AND better ships. Don´t you really agree with me that this sux? Why did most of the players stop at lvl 9? Cuz there was absolutely NO REASON AT ALL to tech up ( theres little to no more content in Endgame ). Dreads where T3 with lvl 9 cap, no need for any T4-5. “Special” PvE missions with a guarantied purple drop? Get it in EVERY lvl once a Day ! Better synergie for bigger fleet? Scew it cuz it was NOT needed !

So I still insist on reverting this ugly piece of junk back to the old system

Fighting players with 1 level difference is really no hard task and even 2 levels is doable when you remember that rank 7 had to fight rank 9.

Really…stop riding that horse with poor lvl 7s. As I said once you made it to lvl 9 you were DONE WITH. Now its a CONSTANT struggle. What´s worse huh? Fighting through the painfull lower tech stuff ONE time or with EVERY friggn ship?

P.S. its rather disturbing that your only idea / answer to this justified complaint of mine is “poor lvl 7s, we finally freed them from evil lvl 9” rather than thinking about implementation of USEFULL endcontent…cuz all point I made so far are totally valid, still.

Really…stop riding that horse with poor lvl 7s. As I said once you made it to lvl 9 you were DONE WITH. Now its a CONSTANT struggle. What´s worse huh? Fighting through the painfull lower tech stuff ONE time or with EVERY friggn ship?

Now rank 7 can also be matched again rank 6 and 8 which makes it easier to fight. With fixed Tiers this is not possible.

What´s possible though is a willful abuse of this new system. If you dont want to end up on the lower end of the food-chain, just trick yourself as highest tier. Example? If you love to pop “poor” lvl 8 / 9s just select your best lvl 11 ship, fill your hangar with lvl 8 / 9 and vóila ! You will be matched vs lvl 8 / 9 ( maybe 1 or 2 other lvl 11s but not VERY likely ).

And this is why? Cuz most players used lvl 9 as their chosen lvl / Tier cap when it was still possible…good old times.

P.S. this is possible on all Tiers…NOW *cannot-stop-rolle-eyes*

Now rank 7 can also be matched again rank 6 and 8 which makes it easier to fight. With fixed Tiers this is not possible.

You seem to ignore the fact that to avoid all of this, you could simply change it so all ships in a tier have the same number of active and passive modules. Then you don’t run into the major imbalance of ships like you did before or you do now.

Edit: Tayexir, Error does have a point though. You can only trick the system so much to make you the highest. R11 ships can also fight R12s and R13s. I lean more towards your side on this, but don’t be too ignorant of what he is saying.