Matchmaking changes?

Has something changed in the matchmaker? I’m using a full R7 lineup and I’m getting a lot of Slayer of Immortals medals all of a sudden. Last game alone I saw 3 or more pilots flying R11 ships!

Edit: Posted in the wrong section. Was meant to be in general.

Ye i noticed that too, had to fight r12 when i was flying r8 only. They say it’s because you must be punished because you could be capable.

Edit: Posted in the wrong section. Was meant to be in general.

Moved.

Yeah I recognized it as well… Kinda extreme tbh.

Good, I was about to create a case on this.

What the heck is going on ?

You are all to good and the game thinks you are capable to fight (good/r11 destroyer) vs high lvl stuff.

At least you get games, I was waiting today morning (1:00 GMT+2) 30 for an r9 match an haven’t gotbone while several other players(like JoJo23) got matches. After I switched to my 2nd acc (1k less elo rating) I got matches under 20sec

Good, I was about to create a case on this.

What the heck is going on ?

btw, this is also the case without having destros equipped. If i play r11 without destro ( cuz i have none) I have to fight r14 and 15.

Well to be precise, i don’t have to at all, when i discovered this ninja change I simply closed the game and played something more enjoyable. Kiss my shiny metal beak.

At least their plan is working. Get rid of ppl that know the history of this game, cuz then you can make the same mistakes again and they are still features! Features everywhere! COME ON OVER INTERNET, BRING YOUR FRIENDS TO STAR CONFLICT WHERE YOU CAN PLAY TOGETHER AFTER 3 MONTHS OF SOLO GRIND. Embrace singularity gente gente, one day you will all be heros.

hm, is this new? I heard from this. Given I usually queued R15, I really didnt notice it got different, but I can remember two things how it was couple weeks ago:

a) when there is high population, u guys doing R13, never got into the same game as me doing R15s, and vice versa.

b) when pop in t5 got lower, i met oreg sometimes in a game, but mostly not, when he was using R13s, and me R15s, so it seems the queues get mixed sometimes.

c) when i equipped R13 purely, i usually got into destro games, where some use R15 ships, others T4, but if everyone used same ranks in the solo queue squad we usually ended up together.

d) i recently heard however, that others experienced getting thrown into r15 with pure r13 now, something that didnt happen back then to me, gotta check it out.

well, anyway, i think the only times we can draw definite conclusions is anyway, if we have many people to solo-queue at the same time, and i havent been in one of those occasions for a while. I can imagine they try to push you up by your rating.

Might make sense, might not, but anyway, take R15 and you ensure there is no bigger fish.

Taking rank 15 isn’t an option when trying to unlock a ship that requires rank 7…

It seems to depend on the number of people in-game, which IMO is a good idea if used properly!!

Like at prime time, all rank 13s and I usually fight against other rank 13s. Once the europeans start logging off, I start fighting against rank 15s and rank 9s/10s as well.

Either way I always have to fight against destros if I use rank 13, which sucks.

Taking rank 15 isn’t an option when trying to unlock a ship that requires rank 7…

Exactly the reason why i was flyin r8 and r11. They made me do it. Don’t worry tho, I wont do it again.

I was about to create a thread regarding the matchmaker too…

Today I got a match where almost half of the other team had just rank 7… And all of our team was playing 10-11. Guess who won…

I think they screwed up something. 

Two rank difference at R13 between r11-15 is what I have seen. There are gonna be some imbalances when guy got one R13 slotted with 3 R11 and gets matched v predominantly R15 etc etc. But it is a good way to keep the middle ground players ranking up. There is never any rank advantage in game till R14-15. Little two rank differences can be overcome with a little player know-how, so better/interested players should be ‘floating’ to the top of the tank ranks.

Or at least that’s how I used to think.

Played 3 games today in R13 pvp, all losses… big ones and there was simply nothing I could have done to turn any game around. None of them involved dess it was simply a horrendous mismatch of shiptypes and lets be generous and call it new players knowledge. To sum up a straight cap to cap beacon hunt, 3min long combat recon and triple cap beacon domination. Its a bad experience even if I was on the winning side as there is no challenge in that.

A single player used to have an impact on a game. Now its not the case and yet a squad is op?. Of course its op, it would need to be to overcome these games.

Either way I always have to fight against destros if I use rank 13, which sucks.

Dess muddy the water when it comes to ranks. As a single ‘well flown’ R11 dess can already cause enough carnage and disruption toward an unprepared R13 team. Im sure many gonna log on to check out R14 release for giggles but these abominations don’t bear thinking about. Can we please get to name them? Abomination, Abominator, Abominate, Abominated or HootyMcHootface.

I was about to create a thread regarding the matchmaker too…

Today I got a match where almost half of the other team had just rank 7… And all of our team was playing 10-11. Guess who won…

I think they screwed up something. 

Mustn’t be , could just’ve been some circumstances, like low ppl base, keep wait time low for other r7 group, etc.

This is complicated to program I suppose, because of the high dynamics involved…

I was about to create bug report for this. Looks like MM range is now ±5 ranks. Yesterday I met a player that played only 72 PvE missions (or against bots). He bought his first R4 ship, full white, and his first PvP against people was R9… With destroyers, purple R9 ships etc. As it was his first real PvP battle, I don’t think he had good pilot ranking :wink:

To verify it my R4 only ships were facing R9s as well.

post-244639-0-79817200-1463706396.jpg

I met another person with PR of around 1000, he was playing his R4s and was getting destroyers. 

OTOH - can someone fix the server settings for MM? In leagues we had only 2 teams (thx for the leaderboard reset we knew who is playing), even when both teams, each and every player set the region to one desired, it was always RU server. It didn’t matter if we set it to US, RU, EU or SA. We had only one player from Russia at that time. 

And regarding waiting time - both league teams in queue needed 1:40 at minimum to get a match. And if we are talking balance - we created 2 new teams, queued at the same time with Mzhelski’s team and instead of matching two 1000 points teams against, it matched one of them to Mzhelski’s team. Then we tried the same story wit MAX’s team - same situation. 2 teams with around 1000 points, MAX’s eXe was 1300 points and it was always matched with one of our teams, even with Mzhelski’s DNO (1100 at that time) was in queue as well. So - it’s not about dynamics. 20 people in 4 teams in one queue and still MM couldn’t match the teams properly.

+/- 5 rating is going to kill the game overnight if Rank 4 pilots are facing Dreads. I’ll do some testing on my secondary account.

So you mean the reason is a ±5?

Kinda feels like a lot of stories coming together and form an incomplete picture of whats going on

First it sounded a bit like your rating can move you higher. Thats why I compared with the R13-R15 queue, because pure R13s seem to usually go in a separate queue than R15.

To be fair, the missions and the objectives to fill some queues work well on some techs. But yeah, <=R7 should keep among themselves more. It would be benefitial tho, if lower ranked missions could be also made without ranking down.

Whatever, I dislike the rank system each day a bit more. I kinda whish you could just develop lower tier ships a bit, and make them use higher tier implants or unlock higher ranks for it aswell, with some optional slots they can use if you bring them in a high ranked game, while higher ranked ships just offer a far superior starting point compared to that. Kite-E in T5 would be fun, and even without stat change, I would be curious how low tier ships work with using all implants in the meta…

Aaand I’ve had to abandon playing PvP because I’m not getting anything above 3v3.

Devs, whatever you did, undo it. I should never be getting 3v3 matches in tier 3.

Aaand I’ve had to abandon playing PvP because I’m not getting anything above 3v3.

Devs, whatever you did, undo it. I should never be getting 3v3 matches in tier 3.

I don’t experience this issue… 

Matchmaker will get an update in the nearest patch pretty soon.

Matchmaker will get an update in the nearest patch pretty soon.

Thanks!