Match 1 ship players against other 1 ship players!

I have enough of this! One ship, one Tackler on my side, because the Matchmaker allows it. The match was a failure, due to his multiple deaths. This should no longer be the case!

Read my [Battle Ready Status](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/30879-battle-ready-status-in-the-hangar/) suggestion, or introduce an additional rule into the Matchmaker.

Suggestion:

One ship players  should  ONLY BE MATCHED against  other one ship players. It’s called balance!

If there is no one else, no other, that could be matched than 1 ship players, then the Matchmaker should ignore them for me!

I rather have no match at all, than this mess.

I hope that this isn’t too difficult to implement, but it’s needed. It annoys me greatly!

Screenshot:

70ats9.jpg

HELL NO. Sorry but giving THEM even more of an advantage(destroyer) is just way off!
I’m more for a penalty of way longer respawn times and increased pay because only one ship in layout.

That player did bad for his skills, not for bringing 1 ship. I usually fit only 1 ship and play with that single ship, doesnt prevent me and my team to win.

10 minutes ago, Lord_Xenon said:

I’m more for a penalty of way longer respawn times and increased pay because only one ship in layout.

So if players (like me) bring more ships unfitted just to please MM its fine?

1 hour ago, Lord_Xenon said:

HELL NO. Sorry but giving THEM even more of an advantage(destroyer) is just way off!

Destroyer should be matched against other Destroyer as well.

Speaking of penalty, I am for it.

Here is a new plan!

Credit penalty: (applies only for ranks 11-15)

1 slot equipped: (+50% credit penalty per ship destruction, or deducted from total credit earnings per match)

2 slots equipped (+25% credit penalty per ship destruction, or deducted from total credit earnings per match)

3 slots equipped (+10% credit penalty per ship destruction, or deducted from total credit earnings per match)

4 slots equipped (no penalty) or even a bonus. Check my suggestion link above - Battle Ready Status.

If credit penalty isn’t the right one, then respawn time penalty should apply!

Respawn penalty: (applies only for ranks 11-15)

1 slot equipped (+100 or +50% respawn time penalty)

2 slots equipped (+50 or +25% respawn time penalty)

3 slots equipped (+25 or +10% respawn time penalty)

4 slots equipped (no respawn time penalty)

You do realise that beginner players are the ones that mostly place 1 ship in slots and arent good playing? (since they dont have the money nor time grinding to get those ships and lack experience). The penalties would make their low support even bigger and encourage them to leave the game (because of unfair rules).

2 minutes ago, Papitas said:

You do realise that beginner players are the ones that mostly place 1 ship in slots and arent good playing? (since they dont have the money nor time grinding to get those ships and lack experience). The penalties would make their low support even bigger and encourage them to leave the game (because of unfair rules).

Of course I do. Just read the whole post next time.

1 hour ago, Papitas said:

That player did bad for his skills, not for bringing 1 ship. I usually fit only 1 ship and play with that single ship, doesnt prevent me and my team to win.

For now it is, but the solution for this, is already presented in my alternate suggestion link above - Battle Ready Status.

In-Game Policy rules, under section 6, should eventually get updated, including those issues as well.

If we could get Profanity Filter, now we should get automatic detection or warning system for those, who don’t equip and/or implant their own ships.

In fact, how would you feel, if I would have all of my ships, stripped of everything (all implants + all equipment), just for this purpose?

According to rules, I cannot get punished. It isn’t stated in their policy, so what isn’t stated there, is allowed or permitted.

I can ruin the match for everyone, not just for myself.

Of course, I won’t do that, but I could and there is nothing, they can do, unless if they update their regulations effective immediately and detect or validate such behavior and act upon it.

Of course, game mechanics should prevent such behavior in the first place. Solutions are here, waiting for implementation.

The easiest way: Throw a warning if you only have 1/2 ships. ‘Do you really want to only fit with 1/2 ships? Bringing more ships add variety in choice/opportunities.’
I don’t would apply a penalty for having at least 3 ships in your slots, as the 4th is only open after you reach r12/payed for it.
It’s right that 3+ ships doesn’t prevent you from only using 1! ship, it’s at least better to even have the chance to switch if you want in the middle of the battle.
Below r4 I don’t think it should be penalized, because you said it: Newcomer doesn’t know/have to few ships. But in r7+ it totally shift the balance with just having 1 ship.
Sometimes you need motiviation to have a learning effect.

3 minutes ago, Lord_Xenon said:

The easiest way: Throw a warning if you only have 1/2 ships. ‘Do you really want to only fit with 1/2 ships? Bringing more ships add variety in choice/opportunities.’
I don’t would apply a penalty for having at least 3 ships in your slots, as the 4th is only open after you reach r12/payed for it.
It’s right that 3+ ships doesn’t prevent you from only using 1! ship, it’s at least better to even have the chance to switch if you want in the middle of the battle.
Below r4 I don’t think it should be penalized, because you said it: Newcomer doesn’t know/have to few ships. But in r7+ it totally shift the balance with just having 1 ship.
Sometimes you need motiviation to have a learning effect.

This is the LEAST they should do. They should warn players, implying that their chances to help or benefit their team are lower, should they do so.

I agree. Propose solutions. We need SOLUTIONS, that are EASY to implement, without any major restrictions.

Honestly,I dont think I will ever find a use for PvP anymore,Dreadnought battles?No,Tournaments?NO,Custom Battles?Dont talk to me anymore.

About the leveling the SPs and Destroyers,I will just stockpile free synergy from the PvEs with Mauler,w/premium i remeber i culd get up to 200k free syn in 20 battles,enough to get 10 Brokk parts.

But now that my premium expired,sadly,I wont earn as much,but at least by the time the R14s will be released I should have well over 3M free syn,that should be enough…

6 hours ago, Papitas said:

6 hours ago, Papitas said:

The penalties would make their low support even bigger and encourage them to leave the game (because of unfair rules).

y should u be fine? u dont seem to be.

I don’t say anything against a one-healer-guy or the one-gunship-guy but even in that scenario, why not at least bring an ecm for a captain game, a recon for a bomb game. i just dont see any reason to excuse one ship setups in pvp. i get it, why pve or openspace or mission running doesnt really need that. I am all for freedom however too, which is why I see a more suggestive approach the best, so also papitas is fine coming to deliver the promise his one ship beats em all. At the moment, I think there are people who believe, bringing only one ship is actually some hidden pro move however.

there is no reason in pvp, why you would take one ship, if you want to win games and be a useful soldier.

also, about nubs, i dont think, R15 is the place where you learn flying, and they are there too.

These are all excuses.

In fact, there is no reason at all, why you should not be able to equip at least 3 ships, as you have to have some of the previous ranks.

But to the suggestion itself, I would rather add a flat reward for each ship in each slot for each game, no matter if you used it. So you carry them around, even if they aren’t used. Or simply disallow R10+ gameplay if you have not equipped 3 ships (in PvP) - but why penalize, if a small useful reward would actually endorse.

I don’t get why some people talk about poor beginner players and even encourage behaviour, that makes you stay bad at playing.
Having choices in the respawn screen is a good thing.

6 hours ago, g4borg said:

y should u be fine? u dont seem to be.

Hide contents

I don’t say anything against a one-healer-guy or the one-gunship-guy but even in that scenario, why not at least bring an ecm for a captain game, a recon for a bomb game. i just dont see any reason to excuse one ship setups in pvp. i get it, why pve or openspace or mission running doesnt really need that. I am all for freedom however too, which is why I see a more suggestive approach the best, so also papitas is fine coming to deliver the promise his one ship beats em all. At the moment, I think there are people who believe, bringing only one ship is actually some hidden pro move however.

there is no reason in pvp, why you would take one ship, if you want to win games and be a useful soldier.

also, about nubs, i dont think, R15 is the place where you learn flying, and they are there too.

These are all excuses.

In fact, there is no reason at all, why you should not be able to equip at least 3 ships, as you have to have some of the previous ranks.

But to the suggestion itself, I would rather add a flat reward for each ship in each slot for each game, no matter if you used it. So you carry them around, even if they aren’t used. Or simply disallow R10+ gameplay if you have not equipped 3 ships (in PvP) - but why penalize, if a small useful reward would actually endorse.

I don’t get why some people talk about poor beginner players and even encourage behaviour, that makes you stay bad at playing.
Having choices in the respawn screen is a good thing.

Cause i only do PVP to complete dailies, i wont buy the same weapon (alien) twice or level multiple ships (cause focusing into one is much better). Besides, considering ive been playing in a new account, the modules are scarse and ship (picking) options limited, hardly fitting some mk4 mods to a ship, meaning theres nothing good left for the 2nd ship (this means the performance between the 1st and 2nd ship is big). For my account, i only have 1 premium ship for the tier i play, so…i can either throw away the daily synergy bonus or take advantage of it.

For me theres no reason to fit multiple ships into PVP since i wont be playing more than 1 victory (with a specific task), but being honest, ive picked other ships once im sure ive completed the mission in a few occasions. You may say im a scrub and all of that, but i still have 1,29 w/l rate and end up being the first in the score tab many times.

About the suggestion, a reward sounds much better than a punishment, considering new players dont have the option to properly fit 3 or more ships as a vet who fits all its ships with mk4-5 gear.

To be Honest, I highly disagree with this suggestion. 1 - It improves the probability of seal clubbing. 2 - Having one ship in your load-out ensures that you get better at that one ship quickly by not being tempted to switch to other ships. Get better in one ship for any situation will ultimately make you a better pilot. Do this for each ship class, and you’ll eventually master all of them.

On 28.07.2016 at 1:43 PM, Koromac said:

Destroyer should be matched against other Destroyer as well.

It is. But more restrictons always make MM more complicated in increases waiting time proportionaly.